MobiColour RESULT: MC #94 Theme: The End - Nov 13-19

Lol. It’s not far from Frankfurt either ;)

Just to clear that up: As far as I know the Frankfurter was only allowed under this name if it was made from butchers of Frankfurt. But I think I remember that was only a law within Frankfurt.
But the Wiener is actually a Frankfurter that immigrated to Austria. And that happened when a butcher moved from Frankfurt to Vienna and made sausages the way he learned it in Frankfurt, must have been around 1800. But well, the title is suiting any sausage, including hot dogs. [emoji1]

Just to clear that up: As far as I know the Frankfurter was only allowed under this name if it was made from butchers of Frankfurt. But I think I remember that was only a law within Frankfurt.
But the Wiener is actually a Frankfurter that immigrated to Austria. And that happened when a butcher moved from Frankfurt to Vienna and made sausages the way he learned it in Frankfurt, must have been around 1800. But well, the title is suiting any sausage, including hot dogs. [emoji1]
ahem...........I'm glad we got that cleared up ;)

This will have to be quick.
First place goes to sinnerjohn's "the end of the pier".I love everything about it - the composition, the contrasting horizontal and vertical line, the irregular leading line formed by pier and the posts, the pale horizon contrasting with sky, and pale greens and rusty orange.( I quite liked "sometimes the end can look like the beginning" as well.)
hastP.jpg

Second place goes to FundyBrian for the sheer volume (matched by the quality) of all his photos. (Don't forget his bar code.)

Third is a tie between Starzee's End of Its Era and terse's The dead end. I'm drawn by the edits of both photos - the vintage pale palette of Stars and red/yellow/tan colors Ted brought out.

Honorable mention to rizole and hisTop End Too with it's contrast of the crisp green bottle cap with whatever is looming above it.

Almost as bad as pink meat sausage rolls :whistle:
Don’t mention Gregg’s. :eek: They’re in deep pink sausage meat (or “do-do” as it’s commonly known) after replacing the baby Jesus with a sausage roll in their nativity scene ad. I mean! What ad agency thought that would ever be a good idea? Name and shame I say.

First place goes to sinnerjohn's "the end of the pier".I love everything about it - the composition, the contrasting horizontal and vertical line, the irregular leading line formed by pier and the posts, the pale horizon contrasting with sky, and pale greens and rusty orange.( I quite liked "sometimes the end can look like the beginning" as well.)
View attachment 102129

Second place goes to FundyBrian for the sheer volume (matched by the quality) of all his photos. (Don't forget his bar code.)

Third is a tie between Starzee's End of Its Era and terse's The dead end. I'm drawn by the edits of both photos - the vintage pale palette of Stars and red/yellow/tan colors Ted brought out.

Honorable mention to rizole and hisTop End Too with it's contrast of the crisp green bottle cap with whatever is looming above it.
Well done David - great choices. John’s was a brilliant image with or without the theme. Well done Brian, Star, Ted and Rizole. I’d like a special mention for GroovyGouvy Gouvy’s Frankfurter - it made me giggle.:lol:

Don’t mention Gregg’s. :eek: They’re in deep pink sausage meat (or “do-do” as it’s commonly known) after replacing the baby Jesus with a sausage roll in their nativity scene ad. I mean! What ad agency thought that would ever be a good idea? Name and shame I say.
That's a stupid thing to do. They should have replaced him with the little baby cheeses. People are much more forgiving of being offended if you can make them laugh too.

How interesting!! I never even thought to think what the origins were. Thanks for sharing Gouvy... :)

Fab choices deepop David!! (now go get back to rollicking around with Toby and Max, or enjoy a couple of quiet minutes if they’re napping :D ) Super congrats sinnerjohn!! Well deserved!! Fist pumps and chest bumps for runner ups Brian, Star, Ted and Rizole. :thumbs:

I’d like a special mention for GroovyGouvy Gouvy’s Frankfurter - it made me giggle.:lol:
I concur!! :lol:

Thank you deepop David (amazing, isn’t it — you’re kids grow up & you think you’re done . . . : )

And congrats sinnerjohn:

Home is where one starts from. As we grow older
The world becomes stranger, the pattern more complicated
Of dead and living. Not the intense moment
Isolated, with no before and after,
But a lifetime burning in every moment
And not the lifetime of one man only
But of old stones that cannot be deciphered.

View attachment 102129

Many thanks David, I'm glad you liked that image among so many other great shots this week. I particularly liked Ted's 'Dead End' myself.
It was my two year Mobiversery last week as well, so that makes it even more special for me :D
Well done Brian, Star, Ted and Rizole and everyone else that posted :thumbs:
New theme coming up ;)

Last edited:
View attachment 102129

Well done, David. Good theme, too. You had lots of interesting images to choose from which made it a difficult job. Congrats to sinnerjohn for his very fine photo. Well done to Starzee & terse. Congrats also to rizole for HM. Well done all participants. I think we all gain a lot from participating in these challenges. I especially like seeing each person’s way of seeing. Very inspiring.

I, for one, am a better photographer because of these challenges. Both in quantity and quality, technical, conceptual, post processing, yadda, yadda, yadda. Wouldn't be where I am now if not for mobitog challenges... :D

Dito.
And therefore an improved Frankfurter that somehow has only one end in the end. Posting two makes it back two ends. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3807.JPG

Cool faces (with self drawn parts), Live fingers. Unfortunately both will not work with ios11. [emoji53]

I, for one, am a better photographer because of these challenges. Both in quantity and quality, technical, conceptual, post processing, yadda, yadda, yadda. Wouldn't be where I am now if not for mobitog challenges... :D
I agree! I too have come so far since joining this community. I value the critique, enjoy the kudos when I get something right, and Learn from many members. I love the challenges that push the envelope :D

Dito.
And therefore an improved Frankfurter that somehow has only one end in the end. Posting two makes it back two ends. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

View attachment 102145

View attachment 102146

Cool faces (with self drawn parts), Live fingers. Unfortunately both will not work with ios11. [emoji53]
LOLOLOL!!!!! You’re crazy, Gouvy. Just love this!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom