Lost jumper. Snapseed.
20171209_124801-01.jpeg

As it turns out, all is not lost. Reviewing the entries for MC #97 was a most rewarding experience. So many wonderful interpretations from creative minds. It seems unfair to have to pick favourites as every image has a unique perspective and its own merit and with mood ranging from humorous to apocalyptic.

To keep this short and to the point: I had 5 images by 3 makers in my final collection.

#1 - Zenjenny - Lost. I’m sure this image is open to a wide range of interpretations but in the context of this theme it seems to me to be the most apocalyptic. It evokes lost civilization, elevated sea level, a drowned city, perhaps iced in. The one sign of hope is the lone crow standing on the ice looking at what remains of a once bustling city. Life remains, but whether human life is among them is unknown.
zenjenny-3.jpg

#2 deepop - Lost Body. What a powerful composition combined with the humorous contrast between heavy stone and a child’s hand. Strong graphic design & cute. My one reservation about this image is the way the dark area on the right draws my eye away from the subject. Try cropping the image on the right up to the right edge of the stone column and see if you agree. But in spite of that the rest of the image is strong enough to carry the day. His image “Lostalk” was another favourite of mine and I found it difficult to decide between them.
deepop-3.jpg

#3 - Starzee - Hello? This is a different type of lost image. You can easily imagine a story around this image. The composition is strong. The camera appears to be at Rosie’s eye level. Kneeling down? Look at all those converging lines point towards Rosie and Rosie is in the upper third area. All warm harmonious tones. There’s some hesitation in Rosie’s eyes as if to say “Where are you? I’ve been looking all over for you.”
I just noticed that Starzee has a quote at the end of her posts, "Can be found lost in thought".
Starzee-1.jpg

As I look back on the images I liked best they have something in common - two elements, the setting, and an additional or unexpected important point of interest. And it seems that the smaller one provides the twist that gives the images power and creates a story.
Congrats to all participants. I think we all gain by participating in these challenges. I appreciated every image and the thought and creativity that went into them.

Now it is up to zenjenny to think up a theme for MC #98.

Lost in Time Selfie.
The local, rural post office has a Bitcoin machine in it and now I know I'm getting old.
View attachment 102915
Theres a quote by Douglas Adams. I think of my self as quite tech savvy but this Bitcoin machine puts me at number 3 on this list.
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

Soooo true! [emoji1] He was
Really a genius in describing things.
But really?! 10,000+ £ it just ONE bitcoin?! I always thought it's approx a $ to a bitcoin. [emoji33]

As it turns out, all is not lost. Reviewing the entries for MC #97 was a most rewarding experience. So many wonderful interpretations from creative minds. It seems unfair to have to pick favourites as every image has a unique perspective and its own merit and with mood ranging from humorous to apocalyptic.

To keep this short and to the point: I had 5 images by 3 makers in my final collection.

#1 - Zenjenny - Lost. I’m sure this image is open to a wide range of interpretations but in the context of this theme it seems to me to be the most apocalyptic. It evokes lost civilization, elevated sea level, a drowned city, perhaps iced in. The one sign of hope is the lone crow standing on the ice looking at what remains of a once bustling city. Life remains, but whether human life is among them is unknown.
View attachment 103258

#2 deepop - Lost Body. What a powerful composition combined with the humorous contrast between heavy stone and a child’s hand. Strong graphic design & cute. My one reservation about this image is the way the dark area on the right draws my eye away from the subject. Try cropping the image on the right up to the right edge of the stone column and see if you agree. But in spite of that the rest of the image is strong enough to carry the day. His image “Lostalk” was another favourite of mine and I found it difficult to decide between them.
View attachment 103259

#3 - Starzee - Hello? This is a different type of lost image. You can easily imagine a story around this image. The composition is strong. The camera appears to be at Rosie’s eye level. Kneeling down? Look at all those converging lines point towards Rosie and Rosie is in the upper third area. All warm harmonious tones. There’s some hesitation in Rosie’s eyes as if to say “Where are you? I’ve been looking all over for you.”
I just noticed that Starzee has a quote at the end of her posts, "Can be found lost in thought".
View attachment 103260

As I look back on the images I liked best they have something in common - two elements, the setting, and an additional or unexpected important point of interest. And it seems that the smaller one provides the twist that gives the images power and creates a story.
Congrats to all participants. I think we all gain by participating in these challenges. I appreciated every image and the thought and creativity that went into them.

Well done, Jen, David and Star. Class images all. Not an easy theme and such clever interpretations!

Soooo true! [emoji1] He was
Really a genius in describing things.
But really?! 10,000+ £ it just ONE bitcoin?! I always thought it's approx a $ to a bitcoin. [emoji33]

Looks like another pyramid scheme.
I rather liked the original email payment system devised in areas where no credit card network existed. Also delighted that it wasn’t being used for profit or under the control of a big corporation. Bitcoin, on the other hand...

Oh, surprise :) Thank you, Brian - for kind words and for your insightful reading of my image :notworthy:

Congrats David & Star - loved your images :inlove: Loved the range of interpretations of this theme.

For #98: Faith, Hope & Charity - any combination, any interpretation or variation :thumbs:

View attachment 103258

View attachment 103259

View attachment 103260

Brian, I so appreciate your thoughtful analyses and insights into all our photos. You're the founder and spiritual leader of the "Slow Eyes" movement in Mobitog. I've recropped my photo and will sit with it awhile to see which version I like best.

Congratulations to Jen with another (to me) awe-inspiring creation. Congrats to Star for another wonderful portrait (with a twist.)

Back
Top Bottom