MobiColour *Result* MCC #287 10 Jul-17Jul Theme: A Poster or Painting in the Scene

When I see that JillyG Jilly has closed the BnW challenge I know it’s time to close this one,
This challenge is now closed!
Over to sinnerjohn John for Judgement!

Meanwhile MCC #288 is here.

Last edited:
So tattoos, graffiti, miniture houses! This made me think, what can we define as a painting? I guess if its an illustration then the media is irrelevant, it CAN be skin, or the side of a house. Probably not what I had in my head originally but its always a school day on Mobitog
:)
With that in mind I think the winner for me this week has to be sdimbour with her amazing shot of that beautiful rabbit!
1658087371481.png

I was conflicted with this, was it Sandra's image or the original artist I was giving first place to? But then you have the birds and that apocalyptic sky with probably a tweak of colour and you realise Sandra has put her own spin on things here. LOVE it !

2nd goes to rizole for Leonardo
1658088220482.png

I know we've seen it before but hey it is Mr Vinci and the curious lady always delights.

3rd place goes to Kevin with his rather clever Art Gallery reflection.
1658088406930.png

and there we have it, I've no idea why I'm typing in BOLD as BOLD isn't even selected.....

HM's to everyone else you deserve it :thumbs:

Over to sdimbour Sandra, theme or non theme.

So tattoos, graffiti, miniture houses! This made me think, what can we define as a painting? I guess if its an illustration then the media is irrelevant, it CAN be skin, or the side of a house. Probably not what I had in my head originally but its always a school day on Mobitog
With that in mind I think the winner for me this week has to be sdimbour with her amazing shot of that beautiful rabbit!
View attachment 183322
I was conflicted with this, was it Sandra's image or the original artist I was giving first place to? But then you have the birds and that apocalyptic sky with probably a tweak of colour and you realise Sandra has put her own spin on things here. LOVE it !

View attachment 183323
I know we've seen it before but hey it is Mr Vinci and the curious lady always delights.

View attachment 183324

and there we have it, I've no idea why I'm typing in BOLD as BOLD isn't even selected.....

Waowww !!! Thanks sinnerjohn !!! So happy :blush: And congrats to Leonardo and Kevin. Great images.
For the next theme, as I’m travelling at the moment I would say « On my way to … »

View attachment 183322

View attachment 183323

View attachment 183324

Well done sdimbour Sandra - that rabbit is amazing. High fives to rizole Rizole and Geek1956 Kevin. What a great theme. :thumbs:

Good picks John and congratulations to Sandra for a great image and to Rizole

For your amusement (and with pictures in the pictures), here is a scale model Lorraine built of a cottage she lived in from 1968 through 1972. First an overview, then a closer shot of her work area.

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend of Lorraine's. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend of both of us and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.
Wow! The top overhead one is good but it’s the bottom one that stopped me dead. That is fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom