MobiColour *Result* MCC #287 10 Jul-17Jul Theme: A Poster or Painting in the Scene

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ll see your Martina Castro and raise you Hercule Poirot!

C4780CF5-7333-4D84-8387-E62FC687B91B.jpeg

Kettering Museum, England

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
For your amusement (and with pictures in the pictures), here is a scale model Lorraine built of a cottage she lived in from 1968 through 1972. First an overview, then a closer shot of her work area.

1AE647F1-2B02-4319-9597-810B6181364A.jpeg

0104FAAF-1294-45D7-BDA6-E694D135AD23.jpeg

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend of Lorraine's. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend of both of us and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.

Last edited:

deepop

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
For your amusement (and with pictures in the pictures), here is a scale model Lorraine built of a cottage she lived in from 1968 through 1972. First an overview, then a closer shot of her work area.

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.
I like your Svengali stare.

deepop

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.
Lorraine’s creation is awe inspiring.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend of Lorraine's. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend of both of us and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.
Incredible

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

So detailed!!! I can’t believe that desk and chair and board. Look at you, you gorgeous thing! I’d really like a close-up of that bookcase.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

This is AMAZING!!!!! That office detail is incredible. :inlove::notworthy::inlove::notworthy:

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

Absolutely Fabulous. Those were the days when you got what pieces of furniture you could acquire but homes were so cosy and personal.

After seeing the new series in the UK of The Great Big Tiny Design Challenge where miniaturists get knocked out every week, I‘ve had to control the itch to do a little room to put on my bookshelf. Spent a week trawling through Pinterest looking at the amazing things people do.