MobiColour RESULT: MobiColour Challenge #307 Theme:Outdoors…ends 1/8/2023

Heptonstall Church and ruins.
IMG_20230105_115218-01.jpeg

IMG_20230105_114603-01.jpeg

Both panoramas.

What WildPlace said. Plus, they've really packed them in there. Our graveyards are spacious by comparison, but I guess you've been at it longer.
It's a smallish place on the side of a steep hill with little available space for anything so everything that's there is packed in. The graveyard's been in use for several centuries. The ruined church is from the mid 1200s.
Very picturesque.
Here's a couple more...from today...
IMG_20230105_115404-01.jpeg

And the same place with a different phone from 2016.
DSC_0912-02.jpeg

It's a smallish place on the side of a steep hill with little available space for anything so everything that's there is packed in. The graveyard's been in use for several centuries. The ruined church is from the mid 1200s.
Very picturesque.
View attachment 188754
View attachment 188755
Happy birthday rizole Sam!!!!

Heptonstall Church and ruins. View attachment 188746
View attachment 188747
Both panoramas.

Very picturesque.
View attachment 188754
View attachment 188755
Beautiful… England is so picturesque. :hearteyes:

Another very variable weather day and according to the Met Office we had 70mph wind gusts during the night. Very heavy showers this morning but managed to get out for a short walk, plenty of water in the local drainage channel.

View attachment 188778
iPhone X, Hipstamatic
Without the threat of trees toppling down (it looks pretty flat from the images) and knocking out power lines or landing on roofs (like where I live) I think those wild winds would be kinda fabulous. I like stormy weather.

Without the threat of trees toppling down (it looks pretty flat from the images) and knocking out power lines or landing on roofs (like where I live) I think those wild winds would be kinda fabulous. I like stormy weather.
We get occasional power outages but they don’t usually last long. If the winds get above 80mph it gets a bit scary - the highest i’ve experienced here was January 2005 when winds reached 106mph which caused quite a lot of damage and the power was out for 4 days!

We get occasional power outages but they don’t usually last long. If the winds get above 80mph it gets a bit scary - the highest i’ve experienced here was January 2005 when winds reached 106mph which caused quite a lot of damage and the power was out for 4 days!

Wow. That would be scary. How high do your winter winds generally get?

Your post made me wonder about our ‘cyclone season’ winds - not frequent but intense in the NW of my state and can do some damage travelling down the coast. I discovered that while average wind speeds in my metro area are a polite 11-14 mph, Au holds the world record for wind speed with a gust of 253mph during cyclone Olivia :eek:

Cool pictures (and now I know what an anemometer is :mobibabe: )

First goes to "Hebridean Sunset" by WildPlace. Right off, I loved the colors, especially the rose tints here and there, and the overlays of flowers on the ground and sky. I was unsure how I felt about the scratches at first, but I kept coming back to look at the image, and as I did, they grew on me. I couldn't tell you how, but somehow or other, they roughen up the image and lift it a bit further above the ordinary.

a5078608-b5a9-4d74-9d52-9ddd1b174ba2-jpeg.188503

Second could have gone to either of lkbside's South Georgia Island images. Although I love the image of the penguins waddling through the grass after the cruise ship, I'm going to give second place to the incongruous sea lion on a grassy plain. I love the point of view here that shows you the big sea lion, looking as immobile as a rock, and way off in the distance the little people and the bare hint of water. I get to see lots of sea lions here in Santa Cruz, so I know this one did not hump its way across that plain, which means there has to be some water not far behind the camera. All the same, each time I look at this image, I think "What the hell?" :lmao:

7392be9a-ba82-44a7-bd11-748e71e62fb4-jpeg.188727

Third goes to "Winter sun" by rizole, a beautiful, sharp close-up with rich colors and a lovely blurred background.

img_20230102_103309-01-jpeg.188729

HMs to RoseCat for "Zoo lights," rizole for "Feeding the birds," and littledogslaughed for "Mosaic."

Congratulations Yvonne! As your prize for winning, you get to be judge for the next round :eek: and choose a theme (or no theme).

First goes to "Hebridean Sunset" by WildPlace. Right off, I loved the colors, especially the rose tints here and there, and the overlays of flowers on the ground and sky. I was unsure how I felt about the scratches at first, but I kept coming back to look at the image, and as I did, they grew on me. I couldn't tell you how, but somehow or other, they roughen up the image and lift it a bit further above the ordinary.

a5078608-b5a9-4d74-9d52-9ddd1b174ba2-jpeg.188503

Second could have gone to either of lkbside's South Georgia Island images. Although I love the image of the penguins waddling through the grass after the cruise ship, I'm going to give second place to the incongruous sea lion on a grassy plain. I love the point of view here that shows you the big sea lion, looking as immobile as a rock, and way off in the distance the little people and the bare hint of water. I get to see lots of sea lions here in Santa Cruz, so I know this one did not hump its way across that plain, which means there has to be some water not far behind the camera. All the same, each time I look at this image, I think "What the hell?" :lmao:

7392be9a-ba82-44a7-bd11-748e71e62fb4-jpeg.188727

Third goes to "Winter sun" by rizole, a beautiful, sharp close-up with rich colors and a lovely blurred background.

img_20230102_103309-01-jpeg.188729

HMs to RoseCat for "Zoo lights," rizole for "Feeding the birds," and littledogslaughed for "Mosaic."

Congratulations Yvonne! As your prize for winning, you get to be judge for the next round :eek: and choose a theme (or no theme).
Great choices, Ted! Congrats WildPlace Yvonne! Well done. :) High fives to lkbside Leslie (I too love that shot and the "What the heck..?? factor), rizole and the HMs! Thanks bunches for my HM... :blush:

Back
Top Bottom