APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #7 Art Games

Kandinsky hearts.

C43B70D5-D221-4B5C-BF27-08D3044E7258.jpeg

The Kandinsky cut out on the Pinterest page was too hard to mask, so I used an eraser brush on a black bg in SketchClub.

The sketch I already had, but added some colour and lines to approximate Kandinsky and to show up on the smaller areas of the hearts Cropped and brightened in SnapSeed. Used the ‘Morning’ filter for brightening because it made a colour gradient that changed up the hearts a bit.

13F15D4C-0C75-4E15-AB2A-2770C84B82CE.jpeg

Attachments

• A1952391-8CE7-4032-BF9C-C51284AC9218.jpeg
    A1952391-8CE7-4032-BF9C-C51284AC9218.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 4
This is a family game. My parents played it with us when we were kids and I've played it with mine. It's called scribbles. It's very simple, one person does a scribble and the next has to add to it so it becomes a sketch or picture. It's great for long car journeys or rainy Sunday afternoons and an effective distraction and calming method with smaller kids that are bouncing off the walls.
Here's some actual examples of real ones me and my kids have done.
View attachment 120950
Someone sneezing, a duck (slightly anxious by the look), a tree and a fish?
So to get the art games rolling while we all work on our master pieces, here's a scribble I'll offer up to the group. See what you can turn this into, feel free to rotate as you see fit.
View attachment 120951
I LOVE THIS IDEA more than RoseCat Catherine. :lol:

younger you have to participate in this one! (Although at the rate she is growing up, Joana is probably already reading and writing :eek: )

You can consider this a Mobi Public Service for parents and grandparents (honorary or otherwise) who will need to participate in I’d art at some point.
Ha, true! Alright, I’m in! I’ll actually wait for Joana to wake up tomorrow and see if she has anything to add to the drawing :) I’ll be back!

Love this idea - both as a game and to get the ball rolling while we work on our masterpieces :thumbs: :D I’ve played this with my granddaughters. With three between 5 and 15, and all five years apart, there’s a history now of each growing in to and out of the game, which adds its own adds its own flavour to the experience.

Mr Riz, intrepid traveler, wonders to what next adventure his trusty red balloon will transport him.

View attachment 120962
Looks like he is holding a pin in his other hand.

Sand painting.
AAA77CA7-6E13-4230-8BD9-495B26857899.png

Made with ThisIsSand.
You have a palette of colours that gradually cycle. You either hold your finger at the top of the screen and sand falls from the point to settle at the bottom. Or you can engage “auto-sand” in which the sand continuously pours from the top of the screen and you vary the position by tilting your phone.

Complete with sound effects of falling sand.

Not surprisingly, the finished work is rather grainy.

Now if I could just get some of that sand to fall on my driveway. Right now it is better for skating than driving. And since my driveway is on a slope it means getting up is questionable and going down is unnecessarily exciting.

Mixed cats & birds.
FB795AD5-B3F7-4469-B3A4-5168DF0E107B.jpeg

A Laurel Burch Fantastic Feline, and some sort of Art Cat, plus some birds all made from the same shape outline. Procreate.
The brush used to paint the right side cat is called The Furry Cat. Another of those brushes I never thought I would have a use for.
And then I thought it could use a background.

Last edited:

Welcome to MobiTog’s
Weekly APPstract Challenge :)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Using apps
3. Tell us something about your interpretation

One week: Friday to Friday
Winner: judges next round and chooses theme (or no theme) for that round

Please see: Rules & Guidelines for MobiChallenges HERE

This week:
Judge: zenjenny
Theme: ART GAMES!
This is a great idea and a huge coincidence. Just yesterday I was contemplating how to create tesellations on the iPad. I stumbled across this site
which uses Amaziograph. This is just a quick example. Don’t judge my drawing (lack of) skills.
07FA40FF-73E1-44CC-97FA-8A4F47DEBD80.jpeg

Then a bell went off in my head and I remembered something similar in Procreate. It’s the Symmetry tool. Choose Canvas> Drawing Guide>Edit Drawing Guide> Symmetry. There are other options as well.
C9996E9A-1560-4CAE-9727-7C9DE7CCCF27.jpeg

Then a bell went off in my head and I remembered something similar in Procreate. It’s the Symmetry tool. Choose Canvas> Drawing Guide>Edit Drawing Guide> Symmetry. There are other options as well.
c9996e9a-1560-4cae-9727-7c9de7cccf27-jpeg.120988
I was just getting ready to write “iColorama has that!” :D Beautiful colors in your abstract star-flower.

Sand painting.
View attachment 120984
Made with ThisIsSand.
You have a palette of colours that gradually cycle. You either hold your finger at the top of the screen and sand falls from the point to settle at the bottom. Or you can engage “auto-sand” in which the sand continuously pours from the top of the screen and you vary the position by tilting your phone.

Complete with sound effects of falling sand.

Not surprisingly, the finished work is rather grainy.

Now if I could just get some of that sand to fall on my driveway. Right now it is better for skating than driving. And since my driveway is on a slope it means getting up is questionable and going down is unnecessarily exciting.
Now that I’m back from the App Store (again), I think this app will be fun for creating backgrounds.

It’s pretty icy around here, too. We have a snow/sleet storm last Tuesday and it hasn’t been warm enough to melt except to condense the ice.

This is a family game. My parents played it with us when we were kids and I've played it with mine. It's called scribbles. It's very simple, one person does a scribble and the next has to add to it so it becomes a sketch or picture. It's great for long car journeys or rainy Sunday afternoons and an effective distraction and calming method with smaller kids that are bouncing off the walls.
Here's some actual examples of real ones me and my kids have done.
View attachment 120950
Someone sneezing, a duck (slightly anxious by the look), a tree and a fish?
So to get the art games rolling while we all work on our master pieces, here's a scribble I'll offer up to the group. See what you can turn this into, feel free to rotate as you see fit.
View attachment 120951

EoS with pen and paper. :thumbs: :D

Back
Top Bottom