Ric’s journey without direction

Control Freak.

For the first time in ages, I decided to put my headphones on the iPad and play random tracks from one of my favourite bands, nine inch nails. Browsed a few album covers and then just launched snapseed and tried an edit on a photo while listening to a live concert by NiN. guess This is a new way to experiment, under the influence of music. the image was definitely inspired by the music.

F54D606F-B7F7-42BB-BE3E-CB2CFDA62459.jpeg

You mean ProCamera? (ProCam is a different app.) Anyway, I'd like to see that. Can you post some comparison samples?
Scratch my previous reply. After reinstalling it, its totally different. What happened is a mystery. Acting totally different now ( no settings changed either time apart from poc qualoty)

Control Freak.

For the first time in ages, I decided to put my headphones on the iPad and play random tracks from one of my favourite bands, nine inch nails. Browsed a few album covers and then just launched snapseed and tried an edit on a photo while listening to a live concert by NiN. guess This is a new way to experiment, under the influence of music. the image was definitely inspired by the music.

View attachment 181473
If you have wired headphones, you can use the volume control on a phone as a remote shutter release too - great from on the hip shots

My journey without direction gets back on track. I have no idea how I ended up with this. It’s way way past what I’d normally do. It started life as two curled leaves but somehow I’ve no got what I see as nature in the two curled leaves, with eyes of sorts watching while fighting industry or machines overtaking nature in the background( at least it kinda look like it to me on iPad, it’s probably nothing to see on a smaller phone screen). I blame the psychedelic bunnies for having influence over me.
I kinda like it but that doesn’t mean it’s good. I have no title as I’m just confused at myself for creating this but I’m curious of any opinions on this one.

0251CE77-5E84-4CA8-8D38-B313BC0F92C9.jpeg

My journey without direction gets back on track. I have no idea how I ended up with this. It’s way way past what I’d normally do. It started life as two curled leaves but somehow I’ve no got what I see as nature in the two curled leaves, with eyes of sorts watching while fighting industry or machines overtaking nature in the background( at least it kinda look like it to me on iPad, it’s probably nothing to see on a smaller phone screen). I blame the psychedelic bunnies for having influence over me.
I kinda like it but that doesn’t mean it’s good. I have no title as I’m just confused at myself for creating this but I’m curious of any opinions on this one.

View attachment 181571
A good abstract image Ric, very metallic looking.

View attachment 181571
I agree with John and Rizole. Nice abstract, I would never recognize it as curled leaves.

I have a hard time with Mextures. How do you like it compared to DistressedFX?
It’s ok, only dabbled with it so far. I preferred having total control of textures myself but that was in the good old photoshop days. Not sure that mextures is strong enough on its own for an edit and the variety isnt big enough to constantly have different effects.

It’s ok, only dabbled with it so far. I preferred having total control of textures myself but that was in the good old photoshop days. Not sure that mextures is strong enough on its own for an edit and the variety isnt big enough to constantly have different effects.
There’s a couple of the user formulas or whatever they‘re called, I’ve used a few times in Mextures, but for the most part I prefer DistressedFX. I was an avid Photoshop collager before I became addicted to mobile art. I don’t see much difference except I need a few apps to do what photoshop does. And now I carry my studio around with me.

One thing I do miss from the photoshop days is the Topaz Labs add-ones. But again for each one I had, there’s an app for that. :D

There’s a couple of the user formulas or whatever they‘re called, I’ve used a few times in Mextures, but for the most part I prefer DistressedFX. I was an avid Photoshop collager before I became addicted to mobile art. I don’t see much difference except I need a few apps to do what photoshop does. And now I carry my studio around with me.

One thing I do miss from the photoshop days is the Topaz Labs add-ones. But again for each one I had, there’s an app for that. :D
still learning about life after photoshop but it’s getting easier slowly. The thing that bugs me is I could still go on photoshop and create exactly what I want without spending too much time thinking about it. There’s still a lot of effects I’m unable to do at the moment.
While on this subject though, I think it’s time to post my mashed up version of a mono image I’m keeping for a comp. Really interested to see feedback on it.

might have gone too far with this looking at it this morning but with nirvana blasting through the headphones last night, the iPad and superimposeX went on a journey of its own.

stocking up.

047E5781-0B4D-43D0-A291-F92BF1701E75.jpeg

Lightroom ( why I don’t know because any good work was destroyed by…) SuperimoseX.

Last edited:
might have gone too far with this looking at it this morning but with nirvana blasting through the headphones last night, the iPad and superimposeX went on a journey of its own.

stocking up.

View attachment 181682

Lightroom ( why I don’t know because any good work was destroyed by…) SuperimoseX.
This is the sort of surrealism we encourage in the APPStract Challenge

Going away from the purpose of this thread, i often wonder why members dont post black and white versions of their images in the mono challenges. I see so many great images that would sit well in there.
Just wondering……
Don't think I'm the right person to answer that one Ric :D
But I do have some theories........

Going away from the purpose of this thread, i often wonder why members dont post black and white versions of their images in the mono challenges. I see so many great images that would sit well in there.
Just wondering……
Well it's a competitive thread so my guess is it's just not some people's cup of tea.

Well it's a competitive thread so my guess is it's just not some people's cup of tea.
This is partly it, but I'd go further.

There are the members that like the challenges and then there are the members that do 365's. Quite often the 365ers concentrate on their daily photo and don't have the time/inclination to get involved in challenges. I get that, as a 365 can be quite, lets say, demanding.

Of course there are crossovers who do both but not many. Depends who's photos you are referring to Ric?

Of course there is another answer. If I post a colour image its because I 'see' it in colour and vice-versa for black and white. Maybe we just see our children in one way ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom