Ric’s journey without direction

Experiment comparison.

using same texture as I wanted to see how SuperimposeX worked.
seems every time I do something in affinity, it spurs me to make SuperimposeX work at doing a similar job after all.

does it work as an image? I’m not so sure but just doing a pic of a dead crab didn’t seem that different to the norm, so experimenting

View attachment 180341

camera+2 macro mode, Lightroom and superimposeX
Looks very “Alien”

After almost two weeks of hell in my life, I find myself returning to photography. During that time I’ve tried to gather all the photos I’ve edited and put them on instagram to keep track of what I’ve shown.
I also became obsessed with trying to create a workflow as when using a pc and desktop programs (namely trying to use the over complicated affinity photo for everything and the long winded routines to recreate what apps, like snapseed and superimpose could do in a minute or so) which resulted in travelling down the wrong road and diverted from having the enjoyment that you should have. The obsession with shooting and, deleting everything that I didn’t warrant as good enough became a real issue.
I suspect my journey is merely following many others that have been part of this group As creative block set in. Trying to move into other genres has brought obstacles in the shape of brick walls so it’s a challenge to see the things that are staring straight at you instead of wandering aimlessly to find something that blatantly sticks out.

so a new chapter starts, there is still no direction just hope.

I also repeat my previous view that the ability to belong and interact with a group such as this really does help.
my apologies in advance if I tag a ton of photos to mobitog in instagram later.

Which way?

I just liked the Confused reaction from my wife when she saw this.

View attachment 181054

Lightroom for iPad.
Love this image. It’s quite mind boggling. I don’t believe I have a work flow. It’s goes in spurts and jolts.

After almost two weeks of hell in my life, I find myself returning to photography. During that time I’ve tried to gather all the photos I’ve edited and put them on instagram to keep track of what I’ve shown.
I also became obsessed with trying to create a workflow as when using a pc and desktop programs (namely trying to use the over complicated affinity photo for everything and the long winded routines to recreate what apps, like snapseed and superimpose could do in a minute or so) which resulted in travelling down the wrong road and diverted from having the enjoyment that you should have. The obsession with shooting and, deleting everything that I didn’t warrant as good enough became a real issue.
I suspect my journey is merely following many others that have been part of this group As creative block set in. Trying to move into other genres has brought obstacles in the shape of brick walls so it’s a challenge to see the things that are staring straight at you instead of wandering aimlessly to find something that blatantly sticks out.

so a new chapter starts, there is still no direction just hope.

I also repeat my previous view that the ability to belong and interact with a group such as this really does help.
my apologies in advance if I tag a ton of photos to mobitog in instagram later.

Which way?

I just liked the Confused reaction from my wife when she saw this.

View attachment 181054

Lightroom for iPad.
Well, Ric, you’ve got some great images so you are doing something right! I’ve given up trying to find a ’style’. I think I just love all the different experimentation. I get comments on IG like ‘an interesting eclectic mix of images’. Always been a jack of all trades, always will be.

And I just love everybody’s contribution on Mobitog. Always fun to see what people are up to. Miss people when they are not here. Keep posting!

Well, Ric, you’ve got some great images so you are doing something right! I’ve given up trying to find a ’style’. I think I just love all the different experimentation. I get comments on IG like ‘an interesting eclectic mix of images’. Always been a jack of all trades, always will be.

And I just love everybody’s contribution on Mobitog. Always fun to see what people are up to. Miss people when they are not here. Keep posting!
Blimey, I’m Billy no mates on IG lol. Nah, like I replied to Starzee , it becomes boring with routines. The biggest mistake is taking photos to please others. So apologies in advance for the rubbish that could be forthcoming in this little black hole that is my little corner of mobitog. Saying that, my next image is a personal fav that I’ve taken since getting back into photography and editing.

I’m quite proud of this image, my fav I’ve worked on, not that much has been done outside some dodging and burning. The snout belongs our Little Reu, like every Evening, we sit On a sofa and chill watching some rubbish on telly to finish the evening off.

I think this has to have a double post, here In my little corner and a mono challenge maybe.

Reu’s Sniffer.

672035EB-825E-42E0-AD9C-5A9F0B60587E.jpeg

lightrrom, snapseed

I’m quite proud of this image, my fav I’ve worked on, not that much has been done outside some dodging and burning. The snout belongs our Little Reu, like every Evening, we sit On a sofa and chill watching some rubbish on telly to finish the evening off.

I think this has to have a double post, here In my little corner and a mono challenge maybe.

Reu’s Sniffer.

View attachment 181133

lightrrom, snapseed
very nice detail

Reu’s Sniffer.

View attachment 181133

lightrrom, snapseed
How dare you post this two minutes after my final IOTM nomination!!! And yes, you must put this in the BnW challenge.

Reu’s Sniffer.

View attachment 181133

lightrrom, snapseed
Good shot, and good detail on the nose, as John said. Wouldn't be the same for me without the eye in the background though. :thumbs:

Good shot, and good detail on the nose, as John said. Wouldn't be the same for me without the eye in the background though. :thumbs:
I debated long and hard with different crops for this but yes, the eye just added something. I’m chomping at the bit to maybe buy a macro lens to get right up close to things like the little monkeys nose. Those deep lines would be like canyons lol.

Nuts.

couldn’t get far today so just tried practising looking for things I’d normally ignore. The texture caught me and starting to get a thing for rust and old type metal and stuff.

FE477BC8-05D4-47FB-B8C7-3DE65462AC9B.jpeg

lightroom for iPad, SuperimposeX to blend and bring depth, snapseed for final adjustment.

Waiting

I don’t think I’ve posted this image before. finding It funny that the Free snapseed continues to gives almost any effect so easily. Reading a few issues of Mobiography magazine also shows there are very few using photoshop or affinity photo on mobile devices.

B9D5C2D4-551C-4F91-8811-5C779767FEA7.jpeg

initial correction in Lightroom and then heavily destroyed in snapseed.

Nuts.

couldn’t get far today so just tried practising looking for things I’d normally ignore. The texture caught me and starting to get a thing for rust and old type metal and stuff.

View attachment 181253

lightroom for iPad, SuperimposeX to blend and bring depth, snapseed for final adjustment.
lovely - im liking the heavily shaded imagery

Waiting

I don’t think I’ve posted this image before. finding It funny that the Free snapseed continues to gives almost any effect so easily. Reading a few issues of Mobiography magazine also shows there are very few using photoshop or affinity photo on mobile devices.

View attachment 181314

initial correction in Lightroom and then heavily destroyed in snapseed.
I was always amazed at what RoseCat was able to achieve in Snapseed.

I wonder if anyone with camera+2 can shed light on this one?
With the 0.5 lens active, camera+ always focuses in the middle of image no matter where you place the focus point on screen. This one has me a little worried somethings up with my phone

I wonder if anyone with camera+2 can shed light on this one?
With the 0.5 lens active, camera+ always focuses in the middle of image no matter where you place the focus point on screen. This one has me a little worried somethings up with my phone
I'm pretty sure that the ultrawide (0.5) lens on the iPhone 11 is fixed focus -- no adjustments possible -- although I think later models do enable focus with it. With that wide of lens, pretty much everything should be in focus all the time.

I'm pretty sure that the ultrawide (0.5) lens on the iPhone 11 is fixed focus -- no adjustments possible -- although I think later models do enable focus with it. With that wide of lens, pretty much everything should be in focus all the time.
I got to test more but it seems the native cam does allow focus selection on 0.5
ive even bought pro cam and am gobsmacked how poor picture quality is vs native and camera+. Even with quality settings on max. I can’t believe I just went and paid £12 for it lol. The interface is better than camera+ but OMG, the noise in the photos takes me back 10 years.

ive even bought pro cam and am gobsmacked how poor picture quality is vs native and camera+. Even with quality settings on max. I can’t believe I just went and paid £12 for it lol. The interface is better than camera+ but OMG, the noise in the photos takes me back 10 years.
You mean ProCamera? (ProCam is a different app.) Anyway, I'd like to see that. Can you post some comparison samples?

Back
Top Bottom