rvilhena Project 365-2022

110/365
Couldn’t resist, they were with 50% discount…
EE931BD7-4B49-4578-8C33-F8439AD41324.jpeg

Don’t be embarrassed - You English is better than my Portuguese. We used to go to a Portuguese cafe in Peterborough - it was called Nata. Many Portuguese used the cafe and I always thought that the language sounded more Russian that European.:D
It curious you said that, once I’ve seen a program about language in Europe and they said that Portuguese language sounds very similar to Russian languange. I didn’t have that ideia…

It curious you said that, once I’ve seen a program about language in Europe and they said that Portuguese language sounds very similar to Russian languange. I didn’t have that ideia…
My guess is that it has to do with the diphtongs and nasal vowels that are characteristic for Portuguese. Makes the speech sound ”smoother” than it’s “cousin” Spanish. I don’t know so much about the characteristics or Russian, but in my ears it sounds very “smooth” compared to for ex Swedish and German :)

111/365
The new kitchen extractor did a got job today, it is so powerful that it extracted the smoke from the fireplace in to dining room! It was like a foggy morning in the dining room!
View attachment 179596
That seems to be a problem with extractors. We mostly do our cooking outdoors but when we are using the kitchen the smell from the cooking goes through our ventilation system and is strongly felt for ex in our bedroom and in the rest room ;)

113/365
I’m going to try a new approach. The place were I live is getting more and more people living in this area. Going to work every morning is a nightmare, with traffic everywhere. A few years ago I used to take no more than 10m, by car, to reach my job. Now I take almost 20m! So I bough an electric scooter. I’ve done the trip to work and take 13m, less than going by car! But for safety reasons I will take the scooter to the bus station as it stops near to my work place and I’ll do the rest of the trip by scooter. It will take the same 13m. Let’s see…
967B5492-A4C5-444B-8698-40AEA76D9821.jpeg

113/365
I’m going to try a new approach. The place were I live is getting more and more people living in this area. Going to work every morning is a nightmare, with traffic everywhere. A few years ago I used to take no more than 10m, by car, to reach my job. Now I take almost 20m! So I bough an electric scooter. I’ve done the trip to work and take 13m, less than going by car! But for safety reasons I will take the scooter to the bus station as it stops near to my work place and I’ll do the rest of the trip by scooter. It will take the same 13m. Let’s see…
View attachment 179649
Wow, a little fold-up scooter. Brilliant.

113/365
View attachment 179649
Great idea! I would love to see a photo of you racing about on your scooter :)

That seems to be a problem with extractors. We mostly do our cooking outdoors but when we are using the kitchen the smell from the cooking goes through our ventilation system and is strongly felt for ex in our bedroom and in the rest room ;)
Our house used to be like that. I have a very strong sense of smell and my husband cannot understand how I cannot sleep with some cooking smells. If I knew he was cooking sausages I would silently rush around the house closing doors.

Our new flat is marvellous. It has a ridiculously sensitive fire alarm so he has to keep the kitchen door closed otherwise it goes bananas. :lol: I tut-tut in sympathy but in fact I am most grateful.;)

113/365
View attachment 179649
Be very careful for yourself and others. A close friend of ours was recently smashed into by a scooter rider when he walked around a corner. His hip was smashed and he was in hospital for a week and is now out of action for goodness knows how long. I don’t think the scooter rider was in a good way either.

Our house used to be like that. I have a very strong sense of smell and my husband cannot understand how I cannot sleep with some cooking smells. If I knew he was cooking sausages I would silently rush around the house closing doors.

Our new flat is marvellous. It has a ridiculously sensitive fire alarm so he has to keep the kitchen door closed otherwise it goes bananas. :lol: I tut-tut in sympathy but in fact I am most grateful.;)
The smell of sausages :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom