Shayela Ute eSwatini (Driving Through Swaziland)

sdgareth

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Gareth Evans
My search for bugs and all things weird and wonderful, takes me on many a drive through this beautiful country. Decided to create a thread displaying the world around me.
MatteBox Mushrooms
After all the rain we had, these little guys appear all over the driveway
Shot taken with and edited in MatteBox App
mushroom-large.jpg

fab ! that road looks mighty bumpy ! It also looks lovely and hot ! Are those pineapples ?:)
yes indeed they are, baby ones, not fully grown. When they get bigger, the plantations employ guards to protect the fields from monkeys (and humans who tend to pick more than one)

yes indeed they are, baby ones, not fully grown. When they get bigger, the plantations employ guards to protect the fields from monkeys (and humans who tend to pick more than one)
I think That would be me ,I love pineapple , just had a bowl for breakfast ! Great pics wish there was smelly vision ,the smell of hot dirt ! does the sugar cane smell sweet ? love those long tracks ! you certainly have a big playing field for your photography ,it looks so lush there !:)

I think That would be me ,I love pineapple , just had a bowl for breakfast ! Great pics wish there was smelly vision ,the smell of hot dirt ! does the sugar cane smell sweet ? love those long tracks ! you certainly have a big playing field for your photography ,it looks so lush there !:)
Indeed Vix it is a beautiful place. All sorts are made with pineapple, jams, spreads, my fav is dried pineapple, juice, beer, and many other goodies.
The smell is something else especially on a hot day after a rain storm, yes the cane smells and tastes sweet, we often pick and eat stripping the bark with the teeth (knack required) the sweetest purest sugar. Put it in the fridge and then chew on it until it is nothing but fiber. Much like we do with mangos and water melon.

Indeed Vix it is a beautiful place. All sorts are made with pineapple, jams, spreads, my fav is dried pineapple, juice, beer, and many other goodies.
The smell is something else especially on a hot day after a rain storm, yes the cane smells and tastes sweet, we often pick and eat stripping the bark with the teeth (knack required) the sweetest purest sugar. Put it in the fridge and then chew on it until it is nothing but fiber. Much like we do with mangos and water melon.
oooh ,you are making me hungry ! scratch n sniff photo rqd lol ! thats my kind of heaven !:inlove:

ahhh! wait till I how you the Litchi and Mango trees now there is a smell :cool:
So funny to think my breakfast probably originated from somewhere not to far away from your home Gareth ! More photos rqd! the weather here is cold and damp today ,yak ! do post some more they are saving me from the dreary grey here !

Thanks for sharing Gareth, I swear you live just outside of Cairns.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog
when we went to go visit friends south of Melbourne (Wonthagi) that is what they told us about Cairns, very similar they said to Swaziland, climate too.

Hi Aaron you lucky warm climated people are cheering me up today ,its horribly damp n cold outside ! Got to go brave the murk in a mo ,Hope u r well ! hows ur weather ? think we need a sunshine thread for all us poor english folk who are lacking some uv rays ,to make us all smile :D

So funny to think my breakfast probably originated from somewhere not to far away from your home Gareth ! More photos rqd! the weather here is cold and damp today ,yak ! do post some more they are saving me from the dreary grey here !
Will do Vix, the more I read and see on here about the weather in UK and parts of the good old US of A, the more I appreciate where I live, economy sucks, it is mostly third world (South Africa about an hour from my home) but I'm grateful for the weather :cool:

sdgareth said:
This turned out to be a fav shot of the day
Treesome:
6x6 - Photo FX Ultra (I think I used the Olloclip, not 100% sure :alien:)

I love the colors in Treesome and the grocery store pic. Looks like you had a fun day of exploring. Great pics.

We took a drive to Milwane Nature Reserve. I've done a Hispsta shoot there before, however I never saw the Hippos. Went back for two reasons 1) to find the hippos
2) my son Cade is turning 8 next month and he wants a family sleep over in a nature reserve for his birthday. Well once again no hippos as food is plentiful at the mo
and therefore they have no reason to visit the usual feeding spots. Got some good shots, this thread is a good place for them.
sign.jpg

Back
Top Bottom