Shayela Ute eSwatini (Driving Through Swaziland)

sdgareth said:
Lol! A fact of life here, I'm not the hunting type, most of my mates are. Will do it if I have to, but not into the 'sport' side of it.
Wait till you taste the BushPig burger.

I need to admit I can be a carnivore, and grew up eating every sort of meat. I love meat.

Which is completely opposite to my love of animals. I often feel like a hypocrite and struggle with the idea of becoming vegetarian or vegan, from a purely ethic standpoint.

I understand hunting for food, honoring the animal who gave up its life to feed me, using everything possible with no waste, etc. Unfortunately that practice is not common. :(

But if I ever get to visit your beautiful part of our planet, I must say, I would probably try the BushPig Burger. :coffee:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

On the eastern side of the country close to where the Mozambican, South African and Swazi borders meet, one will find the
SandRiver Dam. It is for members only. I suspect that this is to limit the impact on the environment. I've known people to wait for
many years to get membership. We have lived in Swaziland for 10 years and this is our first visit.

The area is pristene and other than the yacht club and boats, there is no sign of man or development.
This is my first real stretch with my iphone4S, iPro lens system and mono pod, so I was "playing" around
quite a bit. Most shots are with Hipsta

We stayed near the dam at a place called "Mananga Country Club" which is in a nature reserve and is surrounded by a 9 hole golf course.
Given that we arrived after dark the night before, we were up at 6.30 am for a walk around before heading off to the dam.
IMG_5907-sharp.jpg

First things first, get the rods out and launch the boat
This boat and truck (known locally as a "bakkie" are not ours) I don't fish for a hobby (used to do it commercially, not fun anymore)
IMG_6623.jpg

sdgareth said:
On the eastern side of the country close to where the Mozambican, South African and Swazi borders meet, one will find the
SandRiver Dam. It is for members only. I suspect that this is to limit the impact on the environment. I've known people to wait for
many years to get membership. We have lived in Swaziland for 10 years and this is our first visit.

The area is pristene and other than the yacht club and boats, there is no sign of man or development.
This is my first real stretch with my iphone4S, iPro lens system and mono pod, so I was "playing" around
quite a bit. Most shots are with Hipsta

We stayed near the dam at a place called "Mananga Country Club" which is in a nature reserve and is surrounded by a 9 hole golf course.
Given that we arrived after dark the night before, we were up at 6.30 am for a walk around before heading off to the dam.

These are all lovely!!! Thank you for sharing a bit more of your part of the world.

These are all lovely!!! Thank you for sharing a bit more of your part of the world.
Thanks Lisa, such an awesome place, quiet an unspoiled, cannot believe took us 10 years to get there, will post a few every day or so :thumbs:

sdgareth said:
Thanks Lisa, such an awesome place, quiet an unspoiled, cannot believe took us 10 years to get there, will post a few every day or so :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing more!

in front of the yacht club there is the jetty, took many images of this setting, was peaceful and quiet.
My wife was not over the moon to be caught in my iphoneography sight :D however I do like this image.
IMG_6189-sharp.jpg
IMG_6204-sharp.jpg
IMG_5801-sharp.jpg

These are quite spectacular Gareth ! I must get out more ( to other threads...) Thank you for sharing .

d

I agree, these two shots same setting, different mood
View attachment 13984
View attachment 13985
Great shots - love both looks.

Love the anchor pic.... :thumbs:

in front of the yacht club there is the jetty, took many images of this setting, was peaceful and quiet.
My wife was not over the moon to be caught in my iphoneography sight :D however I do like this image.
View attachment 13991View attachment 13992View attachment 13993
Just LOVING these soft colors! All of these are great (including the one your wife is in!).

This was the first real fishing trip for the kids. Both caught their first fish. Cade caught 14 on the day and 16 the entire weekend
all catch n' release (fish were literally jumping out the water) :D
View attachment 13994View attachment 13995
Great!! My brother loves to fish (salmon in Alaska)...but he keeps them and smokes 'em. :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom