MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I rarely look at Twitter, but this morning I followed a link from a NYT story to this :

Times of fear, chaos and uncertainty bring out the best and the worst in us.

There are many stories circulating about the many ways - variously generous heartwarming hilarious and more - people, groups, organizations are reminding us of the best

Share some of your favourites? News stories, YouTube, Twitter, whatever. Memes/gifs. As long as they’re SFW.

(If it’s meaningful to you, include the story of how you came across it)

Last edited:
Music and encouragement from the balconies of the world

“From its beginnings in January, the coronavirus outbreak has driven millions of people to shelter at home for long days of anxiousness and boredom. In country after country, people have responded by taking to their balconies, windows, and rooftops to sing to one another, to applaud and show gratitude to their health-care workers, to play music, and to lift one another’s spirits. Collected below are images of some of the musicians and grateful neighbors in Spain, Iraq, the U.S., France, Italy, Lebanon, India, Germany, and more, socializing from a safe distance”. Alan Taylor, The Atlantic, March 24, 2020

Last edited:
View attachment 156336

I rarely look at Twitter, but this morning I followed a link from a NYT story to this :

As I dried my eyes :inlove: I followed hashtag MuseumBouquet to this

Times of fear, chaos and uncertainty bring out the best and the worst in us.

There are many stories circulating about the many ways - variously generous heartwarming hilarious and more - people, groups, organizations are reminding us of the best

Share some of your favourites? News stories, YouTube, Twitter, whatever. Memes/gifs. As long as they’re SFW.

(If it’s meaningful to you, include the story of how you came across it)
Beautiful.... thanks for creating this thread. :notworthy: :inlove: Too much negative stuff floating around and not enough good stuff. xo

1585291384565.png

1585291597110.png

Last edited:
At 12.30pm today I was interviewed via a phone-in for a national classical music radio station, Scala Radio. I requested a piece of music by Vivaldi - The Four Seasons, Spring. A small part of it was played during our marriage ceremony 15 years ago. I had a great chat with the presenter, Simon Mayo, and he played the piece. Here is our favourite version of it, played by the inimitable, the inestimable, the great Nigel Kennedy and the Palestinian Youth Orchestra. It’s different to how you might know it (if you know it at all), and just beautiful. It’s the whole concert, but well worth a watch if you have some time to kill.

At 12.30pm today I was interviewed via a phone-in for a national classical music radio station, Scala Radio. I requested a piece of music by Vivaldi - The Four Seasons, Spring. A small part of it was played during our marriage ceremony 15 years ago. I had a great chat with the presenter, Simon Mayo, and he played the piece. Here is our favourite version of it, played by the inimitable, the inestimable, the great Nigel Kennedy and the Palestinian Youth Orchestra. It’s different to how you might know it (if you know it at all), and just beautiful. It’s the whole concert, but well worth a watch if you have some time to kill.

I love this version! “Spring” is my favorite of the Four Seasons. Here’s one of my favorite movies, set to the soundtrack of Vivaldi.

Musically.................I suspect I'm on a different page to some of you :whistle:

it’s not about the music, it’s about the spirit in which these offerings are being made. These crises bring out the best and the worst in people. We see more of the worst because it’s more reported. Also (I think) because when there‘s so much fear around, it can take an extra effort to find the best. But there’s plenty to be found.

I called the thread ‘Songs of comfort’ bcs Yo Yo Ma’s gesture (and his words) brought that above home to me.

So get on with it: show us where, in all this chaos, you’re seeing the best of people :thumbs:

*swoon*

And I'll offer up this episode of the Reply All podcast
A couple of links you can stream it from:

I like Reply All but sometimes they do an episode that has touches of brilliance. This is one of those imo and it's about a song. :D

This has no soundtrack, musical or otherwise, but for some daily comfort I suggest following okirakuoki on Instagram. He photographs Japanese street cats going about their lives, and how he makes a living I have no idea since he posts several photos every day.

This has no soundtrack, musical or otherwise, but for some daily comfort I suggest following okirakuoki on Instagram. He photographs Japanese street cats going about their lives, and how he makes a living I have no idea since he posts several photos every day.

Love that guy. And where he finds all those cats . . . and how patiently he must wait for some of those shots . . .

how he makes a living I have no idea since he posts several photos every day.

He’s a community service. People should bring him soup and pick up his laundry.

Back
Top Bottom