Talking Point..........

Hahaha. :rolleyes: Um, I don’t read Vogue. Or follow western methods of medicine. But I have been practicing holistic and natural approaches to health and well-being for many years, and my doctors (MDs) practice the same.

I have cured my high blood pressure by diet, exercise, eliminating caffeine and taking herbs in the form of a tincture, while most people are popping chemicals. :mobibabe:
Good for you :)

• Are you usually early or late?
  • What songs can you sing from memory?
  • What’s your spirit animal?
  • What lie do you tell most often?
  • Did you get enough sleep last night?
  • What if there were no hypothetical questions?

• Are you usually early or late? - EARLY. I have issues with people who are late... although I’ve learned to chill a bit and not be so rigid. I just find it rude to keep people waiting... and I get really annoyed when I’m waiting on someone.
  • What songs can you sing from memory? Basically every Partridge Family song.
  • What’s your spirit animal? She hasn’t shown herself to me....or maybe I have not seen the signs? Weirdly, this was a topic I just discussed today with someone!
  • What lie do you tell most often? Oh, I’m so sorry... I’m not available that day.
  • Did you get enough sleep last night? Yes. High on my list of priorities... I spent years sleep deprived and muddling through the day. Now I wake refreshed, most every day before the alarm goes off.
  • What if there were no hypothetical questions? Assuming it was speculative and vague, I suspect the assumption would be uncertain.

What is the worst animal? Mosquito!!!!!!!!
YES!!!! And ticks....
Why do you think everyone mostly stopped wearing hats in the last hundred years? Hat hair.
Ha! You’re probably right. :D
What ideas have you come up with that would make you a millionaire if only you had the entrepreneurial acumen to pull them off? None! But lately every time I see a new invention I am stunned that it was so obvious and I didn’t think of it first.
Right????
said I couldn’t come in to work because it was too sunny out.
Wow...that is bold. :lol:
What question/issue do you hate answering/discussing? ‘How are you?’ First, the person asking usually doesn’t really care, they’re just being polite, so I tend to feel the need to give them an honest answer that ends up with them wishing they’d called in to work and lied that they were sick. :lmao:
Me too.... and when I was younger and naive I’d do the same, thinking they actually cared... a bunch of glazed looks later I now just smile and say “Great!” :barf:

• Early always early, I believe being late is disrespectful.
  • None
  • Dog...................wait, you're kidding right. People believe this rubbish?
  • I'm fine thank you.
  • No
  • A small part of me would die.

Early
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Probably a crow.
I’m 39 until I tell you different
No.
There aren’t. Just questions being disguised as hypothetical.

What a lot of unhygienic people you are !! Bet you don't even wash your legs in the shower :rolleyes:

From the Microbiology Society,
'Research has found that flushing the toilet with the lid down could reduce airborne particles by as much as 50%. In addition to the visible drops of water that are generated upon flushing the toilet, smaller droplets that are just micrometres (µM) in diameter also form and are propelled into the surrounding air. These aerosolised droplets could contain faecal bacteria, such as E. coli, and spread disease.'

Our lid is always down when not in use.

I'm trying to picture this but...........:eek::poo::zip:

I hope to goodness nobody farts in your family. :whistle: The aerosolise droplets from that are as lethal as a toilet flush.

Are you usually early or late?
Early

What songs can you sing from memory?
Uhh...

What’s your spirit animal?
My mom always said I was part mongoose. ...Or some kind of goose anyway.

What lie do you tell most often?
Sorry I missed your call. I was outside.

Did you get enough sleep last night?
Yes

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
If there were none at all, the human race would be something other than human and possibly in danger of extinction. However, if we could remove all those starting with "Just let me play devil's advocate..." I believe the world would be a better place.

:smirkcat: Indeed they do....

Just like they believe in Jesus Christ, Allah, Heaven and Hell, ghosts spirits and pixies. Each to their own I guess.
But what the heck does a spirit animal do anyway?

John’s spirit animal is the Grinch.
0469B283-A5D9-4A18-88CD-7399929E83FF.jpeg

Yes, they would be compostable, but in my “minimalistic mode” I don’t quite see the point in needing to buy paper filters + dispose of them when my stainless steel mesh filter does the job of both. :mobibabe:

Then what do you do with the stainless steel mesh filter when it's no longer functional? Steel isn’t compostable.

My DH and I muse on the ‘lesser of two evils’ thing every now & then. Do I use a lot of water to wash out a peanut butter jar so I can recycle the glass jar? Do I feed paper filters to the worms in my bathtub )farm, which breaks down [lots of stuff] and eventually enriches the soil - or do I use a plastic or steel mesh filter, give the grounds to the worms and make a small, relatively infrequent contribution to land fill ? From there, it’s a short distance to ‘how do I contribute meaningfully on a community / global level? How much do these meaningful etc contributions offset my great big clumsy western footprint? (Cue migraine :lmao: )

Segue: I love that I can support these guys via my clinic and at home :D

Do you wash your legs? Only when they need it.
What subject/area/skill, apart from photography, do you own? I draw, paint (mostly in watercolor or tempera), and paper craft, I used to do calligraphy but my hands can’t handle it anymore.
How irritated do you get in busy traffic? Busy traffic doesn’t bother me at all....stupid drivers annoy me to the edge of murderously angry.
Did you make a new years resolution and if so, what was it and have you held it? No, I didn’t and I’ve held to that brilliantly.
If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me? LOL, I wouldn’t hold it against you but I’d feel bad that you’d obviously gone blind. :lol:

I don't like Starbucks either, the UK variety seem to make very milky coffee, not my cup of tea......er coffee :D

Do you have our chain 'Costa Coffee' in the States? I always find their coffee ok.
Not around here, but if it exists in this country it will be in the big cities first.

• Are you usually early or late? usually a little early; too early is just as rude as late, I will sit in my car until 1 or 2 minutes before I’m expected to arrive, then head in
  • What songs can you sing from memory? Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star; Row, Row, Row Your Boat; Soft Kitty :rolleyes:, Mairzy Doats “Mares Eat Oats”...
  • What’s your spirit animal? Turkey Buzzards, crows, and elephants - not only can I hear them, they hear my thoughts and respond.
  • What lie do you tell most often? “I don’t know.” It’s far easier than arguing my position with cretins.
  • Did you get enough sleep last night? No. I rarely ever get enough sleep. 2-4 hours tends to be about it at one go.
  • What if there were no hypothetical questions? Then people would know how often I do something foolish/dumb/clumsy

Last edited:
John’s spirit animal is the Grinch.
You may be onto something there :lmao:
But sorry, seriously? Can anyone give me a rational explanation of 'spirit animals'? Don't get me wrong, I love living animals, I live with a dog and a cat and fully realise what joy they bring to my life. I just don't get the point of have some imaginary tiger or whale or owl or whatever guiding me through my difficult times.
So please, someone, give me an adult explanation of why we need imaginary animals, when there are millions of very real animals in the world.

So please, someone, give me an adult explanation of why we need imaginary animals, when there are millions of very real animals in the world.
The large part of the TV, film, book, music, art, games are imaginary. Arguably, a larger proportion of all human culture springs from imaginary things.
They can be a framework to think and feel from, a way to process difficult things safely, a way to express your inner life in a socially acceptable way, a bit of fun, a ritual, a thrill, a deeply held belief.
If you have problems with spirit animals I have an 800lb gorilla who wants a word with you.
1614244131836.png

The large part of the TV, film, book, music, art, games are imaginary. Arguably, a larger proportion of all human culture springs from imaginary things.
They can be a framework to think and feel from, a way to process difficult things safely, a way to express your inner life in a socially acceptable way, a bit of fun, a ritual, a thrill, a deeply held belief.
If you have problems with spirit animals I have an 800lb gorilla who wants a word with you. View attachment 165001
Well yes, I've read fantasy novels most of my life, but I realise dragons are not real and the Avengers aren't really going to come and save us from Thanos.
If you're saying spirit animals are a bit of 'fantasy' to help people through difficult emotions, just like religion is, then I get it.
Worries me when people take things as being real though. But officer the 800lb gorilla told me to rob the bank, he said it was my path. :rolleyes:

You may be onto something there :lmao:
But sorry, seriously? Can anyone give me a rational explanation of 'spirit animals'? Don't get me wrong, I love living animals, I live with a dog and a cat and fully realise what joy they bring to my life. I just don't get the point of have some imaginary tiger or whale or owl or whatever guiding me through my difficult times.
Some people need to have faith in something intangible to make sense of a confusing and terrifying world.

Back
Top Bottom