MobiStar
Real Name
Sagnik Dasgupta
Device
Android (Generic)
Shot on OnePlus 3. Edited in polarr.
20170317_171958_348853385.jpg

Last edited:
Could this photo have been improved in some way? Something doesn't feel perfect.
Maybe framed differently so the tops of the trees weren't cut off and with more sky. And I think I'd have put the pigeon either dead centre or further off to a corner to lead the eye around.
I might have played with taking the pic at an angle so the trees looked upright.

Maybe framed differently so the tops of the trees weren't cut off and with more sky. And I think I'd have put the pigeon either dead centre or further off to a corner to lead the eye around.
I might have played with taking the pic at an angle so the trees looked upright.
Thank you for the advice. Will keep these in mind.

rizole
Tried some of this in editing. Looks more interesting Imo. Opinions?
20170318_175642_1028432148.jpg
20170318_175851_1693539326.jpg

Also, does the second picture look too right heavy?

rizole
Tried some of this in editing. Looks more interesting Imo. Opinions? View attachment 90765 View attachment 90766
Also, does the second picture look too right heavy?
I'm with JillyG and rizole. I like the second one, but I'd like a little more space between the edge and the pigeon.

A slightly more radical option might be to crop down from the top to eliminate the sky and the tree tops, and then add back some of the empty space on the bottom. Then you can set the left and right sides to get the pigeon where you want it. I do like the pigeon in the midst of all that emptiness in the original image.

I'm with JillyG and rizole. I like the second one, but I'd like a little more space between the edge and the pigeon.

A slightly more radical option might be to crop down from the top to eliminate the sky and the tree tops, and then add back some of the empty space on the bottom. Then you can set the left and right sides to get the pigeon where you want it. I do like the pigeon in the midst of all that emptiness in the original image.
I'll give it a shot.
What JillyG said. I may have given the pigeon a bit more space on the right but then you risk keeping in the wonky tree.

They're both a great improvement. I like the second one because it looks like the pigeon is walking out of the shot and you have the light in the centre and the leaning tree is gone. :thumbs:
I agree. The tilted tree appearance is unique, but it doesn't seem to have a place in the grand scheme of things and possibly distracts from the real subject of the image.

Some attempts. The first one does as you recommend. The second one places the pigeon closer to the edge. Personally, I like the treeline, hence, the third.
20170318_225800_1936924530.jpg
20170318_230112_1510875717.jpg
20170318_225100_2030348722.jpg

The tilted tree appearance is unique, but it doesn't seem to have a place in the grand scheme of things and possibly distracts from the real subject of the image.
However... Hmm. The leaning tree does create a line that leads directly to the pigeon. I wonder if you could do something with that? Maybe a narrow vertical crop/portrait orientation?

However... Hmm. The leaning tree does create a line that leads directly to the pigeon. I wonder if you could do something with that? Maybe a narrow vertical crop/portrait orientation?
Ooooh. Now I notice.

Could this photo have been improved in some way? Something doesn't feel perfect.

For me it's that tree on the right... The angle and size, and that it continues outside the frame... I might have tried erasing it with Retouch. And maybe crop in so there's a bit less foreground?

For me it's that tree on the right... The angle and size, and that it continues outside the frame... I might have tried erasing it with Retouch. And maybe crop in so there's a bit less foreground?
Retouch? I'll look that up.
A vertical crop sounds interesting...
I tried it out, but can't really get it to look any good. :(

They fairly recently updated the app and I think it's even better now.
It is. Among other things, they added a tool specifically for removing lines (e.g., telephone and power lines). You can do a lot in Snapseed with the Healing tool and with the Transformation tool, but I still keep TouchRetouch and SKRWT handy for the tough stuff.

Back
Top Bottom