At night when reddest flowers are black
Those who once sat thereon come back;
Quite a row of them sitting there,
Quite a row of them sitting there.

With them the seat does not break down,
Nor winter freeze them, nor floods drown,
For they are as light as upper air,
They are as light as upper air!
Very beautiful poem and the image remarks the rhythm of the allegory and strengthens its lyricism.

- Hope the translation assisted by Google express my words in Spanish: "Muy bello poema y la imagen acompasa la alegoría y fortalece su lirismo."

Very beautiful poem and the image remarks the rhythm of the allegory and strengthens its lyricism.

- Hope the translation assisted by Google express my words in Spanish: "Muy bello poema y la imagen acompasa la alegoría y fortalece su lirismo."

Thank you Rodolfo. Praise indeed from the king of The Words of the Photograph :notworthy:. Google did well, but I think it's "Very beautiful poem and the image matches the rhythm .... " :) (Matches = is equal to).

"Tree"
image.jpeg

iPhone SE: ProCamera (Optimized, Bright+)

"The Trees like Tassels hit – and – swung –
There seemed to rise a Tune
From Miniature Creatures
Accompanying the Sun –"

From "Trees"
A poem by Emily Dickinson

"Always In My Mind"
(For inspiration of Jilly)
image.jpeg

H320 (Shangai, Jolly), Over

From the song: "Always In My Mind/Siempre en Mi Mente" (1978)
Juan Gabriel. Mexican songwriter.

"You are always on my mind
I'm thinking of you every moment, my love.
How do you expect that I can forget you?
If you are always...
always on my mind."

Last edited:
"Always In My Mind"
View attachment 81519

If you are always...
always on my mind."
:inlove:

"Always In My Mind"
View attachment 81519

If you are always...
always on my mind."
How lovely... :inlove:

Dance me to the end of love

image.jpeg

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic 'til I'm gathered safely in
Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove

Leonard Cohen

View attachment 81630

Leonard Cohen
[emoji178][emoji177][emoji178][emoji177][emoji178][emoji177][emoji178][emoji177][emoji178][emoji177][emoji178]
So beautiful Jilly! The poetry and romance of this overrides the little voice that's saying "How did she do this??"

[emoji178][emoji177][emoji178][emoji177][emoji178][emoji177][emoji178][emoji177][emoji178][emoji177][emoji178]
So beautiful Jilly! The poetry and romance of this overrides the little voice that's saying "How did she do this??"

:) I meant to say, the background was made in Stackables. Jerry did three tutorials and in the third one he shows how to make backgrounds from Gradient. I had a photo of the wooden sculpture, but she was missing parts of her arms and legs, so I drew them in Procreate along with the bird and fronds. It was put through iColorama to blend in the sculpture with the bird.

View attachment 81630

Leonard Cohen
Oh my gosh! This arrangement of image and words (music-poetry) is very beautiful :inlove::inlove::inlove: (I don't know from where Catherine get that lovely hearts :oops:)
You're compelling me to watch again “Scent of a Woman”. The Pacino’s version of 1992. :):cool:

:) I meant to say, the background was made in Stackables. Jerry did three tutorials and in the third one he shows how to make backgrounds from Gradient. I had a photo of the wooden sculpture, but she was missing parts of her arms and legs, so I drew them in Procreate along with the bird and fronds. It was put through iColorama to blend in the sculpture with the bird.
:notworthy: :inlove: :notworthy:

Oh my gosh! This arrangement of image and words (music-poetry) is very beautiful :inlove::inlove::inlove: (I don't know from where Catherine get that lovely hearts :oops:)
You're compelling me to watch again “Scent of a Woman”. The Pacino’s version of 1992. :):cool:
Thank you Rodolfo. From someone whose work I admire so much that is a great compliment.

And thank you. :thumbs:

Hola Jilly JillyG. Searching the web on the Cohen’s song I found this interesting note:

Although structured as a love song, "Dance Me to the End Of Love" was in fact inspired by the Holocaust. In an interview, Cohen said of the song:

“'Dance Me to the End Of Love' ... it's curious how songs begin because the origin of the song, every song, has a kind of grain or seed that somebody hands you or the world hands you and that's why the process is so mysterious about writing a song. But that came from just hearing or reading or knowing that in the death camps, beside the crematoria, in certain of the death camps, a string quartet[2] was pressed into performance while this horror was going on, those were the people whose fate was this horror also. And they would be playing classical music while their fellow prisoners were being killed and burnt. So, that music, "Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin," meaning the beauty there of being the consummation of life, the end of this existence and of the passionate element in that consummation. But, it is the same language that we use for surrender to the beloved, so that the song — it's not important that anybody knows the genesis of it, because if the language comes from that passionate resource, it will be able to embrace all passionate activity.”

In 1996, Welcome Books released a book called Dance Me to the End of Love, as part of its "Art & Poetry" series; the book featured the lyrics of the song alongside paintings by Henri Matisse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_Me_to_the_End_of_Love_(song)

Hola Jilly JillyG. Searching the web on the Cohen’s song I found this interesting note:

Although structured as a love song, "Dance Me to the End Of Love" was in fact inspired by the Holocaust. In an interview, Cohen said of the song:

“'Dance Me to the End Of Love' ... it's curious how songs begin because the origin of the song, every song, has a kind of grain or seed that somebody hands you or the world hands you and that's why the process is so mysterious about writing a song. But that came from just hearing or reading or knowing that in the death camps, beside the crematoria, in certain of the death camps, a string quartet[2] was pressed into performance while this horror was going on, those were the people whose fate was this horror also. And they would be playing classical music while their fellow prisoners were being killed and burnt. So, that music, "Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin," meaning the beauty there of being the consummation of life, the end of this existence and of the passionate element in that consummation. But, it is the same language that we use for surrender to the beloved, so that the song — it's not important that anybody knows the genesis of it, because if the language comes from that passionate resource, it will be able to embrace all passionate activity.”

In 1996, Welcome Books released a book called Dance Me to the End of Love, as part of its "Art & Poetry" series; the book featured the lyrics of the song alongside paintings by Henri Matisse.

Isn't that incredible. Thank you so much for reproducing this article here. It's so moving. I would never have guessed that the inspiration was the Holocaust; that terrible, terrible episode in human history.

Oh........ :'( I re-read the passage Jilly posted with this new knowledge, and it brought tears....absolutely changed everything about the passage to me.

Back
Top Bottom