MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
I like LIghtroom Mobile, though I use only the free portions, not the parts that require a subscription. It's a very useful editor and also, on my phone, includes a good camera app (whose HDR option is quite good at capturing the bright whites of egrets). You can find a collection of posts by Julianne Kost (some text, some video) with lots of tips for the app, including how to edit photos directly from the Camera Roll.

Cool!

Lightroom Mobile is my go-to for sunsets. The HDR Mode followed with a few edits help define the sun.

At home I have Adobe’s Photographer Subscription which consists of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop which I rarely use since there are so many more intuitive apps out there. I like the auto sync to my photos on my Mini from Lightroom Mobile.

Due to retirement, I am looking at other options to cut back on a number of subscriptions. In place of the Adobe Photographer ($10/month) subscription, I purchased the Affinity Universal Suite - now to take time to learn how to use it! :eek:

Lightroom Mobile is my go-to for sunsets. The HDR Mode followed with a few edits help define the sun.
Yes, I use the HDR camera a lot for egrets. They're so bright white that they push the dynamic range beyond what non-HDR can handle.

I have the Affinity apps (desktop and mobile) too. It took a while for me to wrap my head around the way Affinity Photo is laid out, but it can do most anything you want.

Just as well to get the Affinity apps now. They have joined up with Canva and I wouldn’t be surprised if they start subscription for new users. I have just upgraded to Affinity iPad 2

Just as well to get the Affinity apps now. They have joined up with Canva and I wouldn’t be surprised if they start subscription for new users. I have just upgraded to Affinity iPad 2
I think I did that already, but better double check. I really should put more time into Affinity..

I think I did that already, but better double check. I really should put more time into Affinity..
SheClicks has a YouTube video by Jo Bradford on editing with Affinity Photo. It's probably about the desktop version, but the iPad version is pretty much the same.

I actually use Affinity Designer more than the Photo. There’s some good videos on using it for creating patterns and I‘m designing my own stretch fabric in navy, with pink and white birds and daisies to make a golf skirt or dress. Been a bit waylaid though. Always so many fun things to do. :lol:

I actually use Affinity Designer more than the Photo. There’s some good videos on using it for creating patterns and I‘m designing my own stretch fabric in navy, with pink and white birds and daisies to make a golf skirt or dress. Been a bit waylaid though. Always so many fun things to do. :lol:
I did buy Designer, but haven’t really tried it out.

Back
Top Bottom