APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #5 Shapes

11EA857A-0E57-4D16-A142-CFF1B1D575F0.jpeg

Rectangles
Leonardo, mostly iColorama

Attachments

• 5C46B410-2214-4BC9-907F-0658D8D260F7.jpeg
    5C46B410-2214-4BC9-907F-0658D8D260F7.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 6
I thought I knew ‘tesseract’ but had forgotten. After checking a few definitions, turns out I have no clue what a tesseract is.

‘Four dimensional analogue of a cube’

‘A person using a tesseract in three-dimensional space would be equivalent to a person using three dimensions to move through a two-dimensional universe. The laws of physics would still apply, but only on the two-dimensional scale.’

o_O :alien: :zip:
Would you believe... there’s an app for that.
The Fourth Dimension by Drew Olbrich
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/the-fourth-dimension/id504201783?mt=8
It is a 30 page interactive book that leads you up to an understanding of 4D space. You start with a square in 2D, make that into a cube in 3D and into a tesserae in 4D. I found there were brief moments when I could grasp the idea but then it was gone. But I still have the basic understanding of the transition from cube to tesserae. It is totally weird.

It is a 30 page interactive book that leads you up to an understanding of 4D space. You start with a square in 2D, make that into a cube in 3D and into a tesserae in 4D. I found there were brief moments when I could grasp the idea but then it was gone. But I still have the basic understanding of the transition from cube to tesserae. It is totally weird.

Feel free to explain it to me. To assist, I’ll make a point of hanging around (you read the book) and waiting for one of those moments :D

Starzee's post of her ironing board that looked like some 3d rendered scifi landscape has got me wanting to be able to do something similar. I find my stuff a bit flat and two dimentional. Anyway, I've been looking for apps that might do something like that on android so this is a perfect place to try some new stuff out :)
ImageArt Ann has got me thinking about picking up an (affordable) android type phone, just for photos. Be sure to include the apps you use for future reference.

Tesseract - Designing my new greenhouse in 4D space.
ABD01683-6BAD-4C6E-9CD1-BEF648004B8A.jpeg

I made the original tesseract in The Fourth Dimension app. Then, Painnt, Aerograph, Decim8.
I tried to pick a version that wasn’t too far out of shape so you could see the tesseract shape.
I like the second one better but it’s harder to see the base shape.
C5D27DB8-9B14-4504-AE92-3FFBD6879140.jpeg

Last edited:
Hipsta DE !

5E07CF44-7C3D-42AF-B31F-17FFBD764294.jpeg

A small oil diffuser on my desk and an upward tilt out of the window. Extra glamour from the teatowels on the line.

Random for the DE: Eric & Kodot
Edits: Kyoto; Neville, Love 81, Dreampop; Khun Lo, Vixen, Dreampop.

Original DE: RoseCat can you see ZoePandora in the oil diffuser?

CAA5518E-D125-49E5-9248-8AF72D297593.jpeg

Last edited:
Hipsta DE !

View attachment 120310

A small oil diffuser on my desk and an upward tilt out of the window. Extra glamour from the teatowels on the line.

Random for the DE: Eric & Kodot
Edits: Kyoto; Neville, Love 81, Dreampop; Khun Lo, Vixen, Dreampop.

Original DE: can you see ZoePandora in the oil diffuser?

View attachment 120311
Just love what you created!!

I need to pass this on to my math head friend... she’s into other dimensions, geometry, etc.

Back
Top Bottom