Which way do I go??

rvenneman

MobiStarter
Real Name
Richard Venneman
I have had Hipstamatic on my phones for years but never used it. I just dumped my Nikon full frame, lenses and all and we are going to learn iPhone photography, with a lot of help. My 72 year old hands are not as strong and they use to be.
To someone who knows nothing of Hipstamatic, what would be the first thing you would tell them so they can grasp Hipstamatic?
Thanks.

Hipstamatic was one of my first app’s and I’ve used it fairly consistently since 2014.
My advise would be to take a look at the “user tips” page at the hipstography site which has a wealth of Hipstamatic information. The link is

Then if you still have questions there’s quite a few people like myself on this site who use Hipstamatic who will be more than happy to help.

Hipstamatic is basically a film simulation camera. Think Fujifilm X-series cameras with their film sims. It also takes on the added 'gimmick' of lens effects...think Holga and Lomography. It's certainly fun to use, but has it's limitations and you tend to have more freedom in your settings and focus points with the native iPhone camera app.

Also something to keep in mind before 'investing' in Hipstamatic gear, is their somewhat recent move to their new product "Hipstamatic X". It's unknown if they will abandon the regular Hipsta app and move their updates and priorities to the new one.

Also something to keep in mind before 'investing' in Hipstamatic gear, is their somewhat recent move to their new product "Hipstamatic X". It's unknown if they will abandon the regular Hipsta app and move their updates and priorities to the new one.
I hope they don't abandon the original:eek:

I have had Hipstamatic on my phones for years but never used it. I just dumped my Nikon full frame, lenses and all and we are going to learn iPhone photography, with a lot of help. My 72 year old hands are not as strong and they use to be.
To someone who knows nothing of Hipstamatic, what would be the first thing you would tell them so they can grasp Hipstamatic?
Thanks.
Here's another resource: Life in LoFi: iPhoneography | iPhone Photo / Mobile Photography News, Showcases, Reviews
It hasn't been updated for a while but it does have some interesting and good material in the archive.

ok
Me too. For now, they seem to be making the occasional Hipsta Pak. Not sure what their endgame was with Hipstamatic X.
If you look at the number of #hipstamaticX hashtags on IG against the #hipstamatic hashtag there’s a big difference. I’m guessing that not many have taken up the Hipstamatic X. I’ve used both extensively and I can’t see any reason to jump ship if your a Hipstamatic classic user

Thanks.
You may be interested in a photographer on YouTube named Craig Roberts and has a channel called "e6 Vlogs". He's a micro four thirds photographer who enjoys using the Hipstamatic camera.

Sorry to bump an older thread.

I just started browsing this forum and I’m wondering if the original poster managed to get the info they’re after, or if not what questions they may have currently.

I’ve been using Hipstamatic on and off since release (it’s the reason I got my first iPhone), but I still feel overwhelmed frequently since the catalogue of options just keeps growing. I’d be happy to muddle through with you, OP. (I also used to do tech support so I like to think I'm decent at providing clear instructions for using an app.)

Cheers :)

I just started browsing this forum and I’m wondering if the original poster managed to get the info they’re after, or if not what questions they may have currently.

I’ve been using Hipstamatic on and off since release (it’s the reason I got my first iPhone), but I still feel overwhelmed frequently since the catalogue of options just keeps growing. I’d be happy to muddle through with you, OP. (I also used to do tech support so I like to think I'm decent at providing clear instructions for using an app.)

Looks like you’ve visited before. Joined in 2017? Seems like it’s been a while. Welcome back! We haven’t seen Mike in VT for a while but there are others here who are quite fond of Hipstamatic. Some are pros, others, like me, are still trying to wade through the masses of lenses, films and flashes. If you search on Hipstamatic, I‘m sure a thread or two will show up that may interest you. Or just keep browsing. We have a lot of things to talk about!

Hi Nox, nice to see you back. The thread’s not that old :D - we have some really, really old ones resurrected before now. lkbside Leslie is an (a:confused: ) Hipsta aficionado. Try searching for her in the Search area on the front page. She posts some amazing images, but then she does live in New Mexico.:rolleyes:

Here’s my 2-part take on the remake of Hipstamatic back in 2015. Nothing has changed much, except it’s much more stable now.

https://enthusiasmnoted.wordpress.c...tamatic-revisit-your-pictures-with-an-editor/

Back
Top Bottom