Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Onsite
Project Page
I have a few winter photos I'm not sure where to put so this will be it.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1421188591.396888.jpg

Original shot with iPhone 6, AutoBracket, combined with a posterized frost shot in Alayer. The abandoned house is nearby home.

These are a really great set of images!
Weather here is weird too, been either a lot colder then normal (the past month or so) and last night it was -24, woke up at 6am to -10 or so, high was around -4. Tomorrow and the next week as supposed to be highs right around 0 so everything will start melting. Yesterday we had a little bit of Hoar Frost, nothing as heavy as in your pics but I still like it.

This is a fabulous collection of winter images, Brian. Lots of different edits and subjects all tied together with the winter theme. Nicely done!

Love the face!
I don't know if the tree faces are widespread but they became a bit of a fad here last summer. There were 4 or 5 different faces available at the dollar store. More expensive one elsewhere. It is sort of fun watching the startled double take when someone catches sight of one in peripheral vision.

Moment tele lens close-ups.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1421199730.594258.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1421199761.440049.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1421199880.135208.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1421199926.575214.jpg

The last two were made with a close-up lens attachment on the Moment tele. Unfortunately it introduces a lot of colour fringing toward the corners. I find the narrower angle of view more suitable for close-ups than a wider view.

I forgot to mention I put the second image there to show the closest focus with the Moment tele lens by itself. The last two are with the closeup attachment on the Moment tele. You can get a sense of the extra magnification by the relative size of the frost patterns. The frost was on a couple of single glazed windows in our solarium.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1421200546.353899.jpg

This is what can be seen of the upper part of the house through the trees. The carport is below. The roof is very steep on the south side, 55 degrees, which is the optimum angle for solar panels at our latitude. You can also see a snow covered solar panel and the dreaded satellite dish for our internet connection. You can guess where I have to go when the dish gets too snow covered for good reception.

View attachment 60660

This is what can be seen of the upper part of the house through the trees. The carport is below. The roof is very steep on the south side, 55 degrees, which is the optimum angle for solar panels at our latitude. You can also see a snow covered solar panel and the dreaded satellite dish for our internet connection. You can guess where I have to go when the dish gets too snow covered for good reception.
Pretty steep! Would not want to slide off that, well the sliding part might be fun but the sudden stop wouldn't :)

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1421968472.120500.jpg

A recent sudden thaw and heavy rain melted most of our snow and what is left is frozen solid or ice.
We walk our dog Woofie now and then along this road by the Upper Salmon River in Alma. It's also called the old mill road since there was once an old sawmill upstream. Now it only leads to the water treatment plant and a sign it the start says "no vehicles allowed", which makes it good for dog walking. The recent sudden changes in temperature combined with extra high tides caused a lot of breaking up of the ice in the river. It used to be solid. This river feels the tidal influence of the Bay of Fundy. The water was across the road in a couple of places at high tide.

Back
Top Bottom