APPStracts, Photo Impressionism and other Mangled Images

B7352773-F8CC-4ED2-B33E-DBD9F3579A5E.jpeg

Once in a blue-ish moon
Slow Shutter Cam, iColorama, DistressedFX Plus, TouchRetouch, and back to iColorama

After seeing that Captr is no longer on the App Store I went down the usual rabbit hole to see what other apps do live multiple exposure and surprise, surprise I clearly went down this hole in June last year and forgot :rolleyes:. So I found BlendCamera on my phone and actually it doesn’t seem too bad although I’ve only tested it indoors on my flowers. I clearly paid for removal of the watermark and high res and then promptly forgot about it.

So the surprise was that you can do LIVE blending once you have your first exposure. It has 8 blends - alpha, overlay, multiply, soft light, lighten, colour burn, colour dodge and lens blur. You can also add live effects like light leaks, vignette, boketh, raindrops and branches, all a bit Mickey Mouse though. You can also change the transparency type - dark, average and bright - pretty good. You can stack ‘em as much as you like.

Once you have your ME image you can apply a filter or go back and add another exposure.

0772AE07-AA43-4A6C-AAC7-2C4E59149405.png

EF592B03-DEF1-49D8-A2BC-B2CC731C495C.jpeg

I know what you mean. I was following so many people that I didn't have enough time in the day to see all their stuff. So I've had to prune the list severely, and that's been hard.
If you can even see it! With the stupid algorithm I only see a handful of stuff I follow. And the ads seem to be more and more. It’s frustrating.

View attachment 163965
Collage. Making and trying out brushes in Procreate.
Lots of different apps and iterations. iColorama, PaintCan, SuperimposeX, SuperPhoto, Inkworks, Repix, Procreate, Snapseed, ImaEngine
Super work! I have to go back to your Procreate pattern brush tute. I love that wobbly chicken wire looking pattern at the bottom. One of your brushes? I have been making stamp style brushes but can’t seem to get the pattern quite right.

Super work! I have to go back to your Procreate pattern brush tute. I love that wobbly chicken wire looking pattern at the bottom. One of your brushes? I have been making stamp style brushes but can’t seem to get the pattern quite right.
F93A8801-2E0B-48C9-8B85-377C2CD52065.png

Here it is. It isn’t perfect because I didn’t bother to make it line up but it still works ok.
Settings for the brush:
Stroke Path - Spacing = 41%
Shape = white square
Grain = image above (scale 30% - for a bigger size grid, increase this)
Properties = Maximum size 520

View attachment 163977
Here it is. It isn’t perfect because I didn’t bother to make it line up but it still works ok.
Settings for the brush:
Shape = white square
Oooh! Thank you!!!!

View attachment 163977
Settings for the brush:
Shape = white square
I have spent some time working with brushes this morning and have learned a great deal. Thanks for the brush (I love it!) and thanks for the inspiration. Now I think I’ll go find a book to practice some slow shutter cameras on.

View attachment 163977
Settings for the brush:
Shape = white square
Wonderful. Thanks Ann. :notworthy:

In trying to keep up with ImageArt Anne, I‘ve taken a few images of a photo of a Mexican seaside village in a Mexican cookbook. I am not very good at those slow shutter cameras, I need more practice.

Bluristic, CamTrails, Slow Shutter cam.
Procreate, Impresso Pro. I really like Impresso Pro, I usually go to Brushstroke for painterly, but after seeing this app in some of juryjone Jerry’s posts, I decided to give it a try.
FC25E01A-4F40-4CB8-9E77-8EB721B25F29.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom