• Barring miracles, MobiTog will be closing its doors on June15. Please see our notice in the MobiTog Closing thread.

B&W RESULT: #04 Black & White Challenge

I have a condition called keratoconus. It was misdiagnosed until I was in my 40's and meant I was never given glasses that corrected my defect until then. The day I got the correct prescription for my glasses I cried and cried and cried. I have quite good close vision but miss all details at a distance of more than a couple of meters. The details matter.

May I just say . . . so very sorry you had no/poor diagnosis for so long: and so very glad you now have have a map (a name & a prescription) that gives you back some of the unspeakably precious gift of vision.

May I just say . . . so very sorry you had no/poor diagnosis for so long: and so very glad you now have have a map (a name & a prescription) that gives you back some of the unspeakably precious gift of vision.
Thank you, it's all good, I only mentioned it to offer some solidarity with/to Twinkletoes.
In fact it's a source of fun as the condition sounds almost exactly like the name of a singer/celebrity over here in Blighty. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Katona
She was in Atomic Kitten if that means anything to you.:D

These are fabulous Leslie. As much as it pains me to ask :)lol:), do they look good in colour too?

Thanks. Not sure about color, but I will go try. The first one I only did in BW - it was dark in the temple. I suspect it won't look good in a color combo. The 2nd one I did with BKBW so it had hints of color, I'll try something else and let you know.

Pre-dinner glass of wine
M-Pro
c7eeb348f6e7bc4c97659c64fb0587f1.jpg

Maybe some artists do not need any formal training, it comes from the heart and soul.
What's interesting in the fine arts world, is that only a few talented individuals get recognised if they haven't been through art school. There is a really elite, snobbish cliche that rule that world. I'm seeing that the internet might break that glass thank goodness where the masses decide what is real art rather than a couple of arrogant critics.

I have a condition called keratoconus. It was misdiagnosed until I was in my 40's and meant I was never given glasses that corrected my defect until then. The day I got the correct prescription for my glasses I cried and cried and cried. I have quite good close vision but miss all details at a distance of more than a couple of meters. The details matter.
Wow. I can only imagine how intense that was. So glad you finally got the proper help.

This was a tough call, so many great images being a two week stretch and all that. Thankfully Jilly allowed me extra time to work through them….

First place goes to Mo-Co Morris Cox for the wonderfully serene and composed Bird on the steel ball. This just pipped his Foggy Pier to the post.
639DD53B-4E98-4AF0-8D50-FD73A694E1E3-7335-0000077F3EC2E369_tmp.jpg

Second place: FundyBrian Brian Townsend for the Ice Bells. A stunning image that also works in the moving Gif he posted. His Architectural shot was just nudged out of the way by the Ice. Third place to deepop for his Hanging Bikes, reminiscent of a well executed double exposure. Reminds me of the work of Photographer/Graphic Designer Nigel Grierson.

Honourable mentions to:
RoseCat Catherine - Breaking Free- Really nice muted tones, would make a great book cover.
tomklyn Sunshine - Such a lovely image full of joy.
terse Ted - Blind Light - Fantastic array of lines and shadows. Great tonal range
lkbside Leslie - Monk at the Ananda Temple, Bagan, Myanmar. A stunning portrait. I like the duality of the self imposed life of frugality coupled with the pot of cash!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a tough call, so many great images being a two week stretch and all that. Thankfully Jilly allowed me extra time to work through them….

First place goes to Mo-Co Morris Cox for the wonderfully serene and composed Bird on the steel ball. This just pipped his Foggy Pier to the post. Second place: FundyBrian Brian Townsend for the Ice Bells. A stunning image that also works in the moving Gif he posted. His Architectural shot was just nudged out of the way by the Ice. Third place to deepop for her Hanging Bikes, reminiscent of a well executed double exposure. Reminds me of the work of Photographer/Graphic Designer Nigel Grierson.

Honourable mentions to:
RoseCat Catherine - Breaking Free- Really nice muted tones, would make a great book cover.
terse Ted - Blind Light - Fantastic array of lines and shadows. Great tonal range
lkbside Leslie - Monk at the Ananda Temple, Bagan, Myanmar. A stunning portrait. I like the duality of the self imposed life of frugality coupled with the pot of cash!

Thank you Robert for the first place win! I am quite honored considering the quality of all the other entries. Congratulations to the all the runners up and to everyone who participated!
Thanks again

First place goes to Mo-Co Morris Cox for the wonderfully serene and composed Bird on the steel ball. This just pipped his Foggy Pier to the post. Second place: FundyBrian Brian Townsend for the Ice Bells. A stunning image that also works in the moving Gif he posted. His Architectural shot was just nudged out of the way by the Ice. Third place to deepop for his Hanging Bikes, reminiscent of a well executed double exposure. Reminds me of the work of Photographer/Graphic Designer Nigel Grierson.

Honourable mentions to:

Well done Robert for completing the mammoth task of judging this two-week B&W Challenge. Congrats to Morris for another wonderful image. Claps to Brian and David for both of their stunning images. In fact, I think everyone excelled themselves, so well done to all. Right, with Morris's image under my arm, I'm taking the long corridor to the B&W Gallery.

Well done Robert for completing the mammoth task of judging this two-week B&W Challenge. Congrats to Morris for another wonderful image. Claps to Brian and David for both of their stunning images. In fact, I think everyone excelled themselves, so well done to all. Right, with Morris's image under my arm, I'm taking the long corridor to the B&W Gallery.

Thanks Jilly!

Back
Top Bottom