A MobiTog Collective Fairytale Book - Notes

Kinda typical German - analytic - approach :lol:;) :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: and I have to say, I had the exact same thought but wouldn't be able to express it in English like GG* did :thumbs:

Thx 4 that :)
Having visited the Comic exibition at the Schirn (http://www.schirn.de/en/exhibitions/2016/pioneers_of_the_comic_strip/
... my favourite was the "Little Nemo" section. And so, to start with a one page "strip" instead of a whole book makes absolutely sense to me.

http://www.comicstriplibrary.org/browse/results?title=2

PS. Something to listen to before you start reading a Little Nemo episode ;)

* have to nickname you GeeGee from now on :D

Must see it!! Were taking pictures allowed?
And GG/GiGi/GeeGee or GehGeh (German) are nothing new to me. [emoji1][emoji1]

It's a little late here and I'm a so tired but not enough to not afford to write and express my joy. I think not mistaken in saying that everyone in this workgroup are very pleased that you participate in this adventure. And even more knowing you already have experience in the literary part, which is obviously crucial.
You start to bring us to success! Many thanks and welcome aboard! :):cool:
:notworthy:

"Once upon a time there was a guy who has rejected to endorse a self proclaimed genius who lived in a huge tower in a country that was surrounded by a big beautiful wall. The guy woke up the following day and had to realize that a spell was put on him - to lay where he was till the end of time -
and from now on he was called the "lyin Ted".

image.jpg

:whistle: :D

Last edited:
Fantastic! I've learned at school: lay, lay, lane.
I stumbled over lie in song texts, but I always thought it's another American/British thing.
That was a blinking interesting article. Thanks, BoBo!

Great quantity and quality of notes! :inlove: There is a lot to review, to think and try to write briefly/condensed, without disturbing the meaning. :notworthy:
There is really a remarkable enthusiasm that helps us a lot to advance from the richness of our differences towards our common goal, based on our strengths in knowledge and experience, and especially in our decision to make this lighthearted adventure together. :):rolleyes::cool:
(To be continued...:D)

Last edited:
Ok so....:coffee: Is there a task yet ?:)
Hola Delta. For my part I apologize because I have not been able to make time to see the indications of John, and think about the recommendations of Gouvy and BoBo. Perhaps some similar happens with the other colleagues of the group. :(
My first idea was start by defining among all a first and briefly draft of a short text story. :giggle:The creation of the characters seems very important to me. Also the scenarios. In this process - that I do not think are going to be so quickly -, all us can share our proposals in one and other issue. This can understood as a lineal but iterative process of collective creation. Lineal attending the necessary steps for a fairytale illustrated production. Iterative in the sense that we can go back and further. :rolleyes:
The definition of the layout I think can be a secondary matter, and it can be of different styles: an image covered all page and text on it; an image separate of text; an image and text overlapping... and so more. :appsir:
Maybe you with your experience can help us to define how to start. :cool:

Last edited:
Hola Delta. For my part I apologize because I have not been able to make time to see the indications of John, and think about the recommendations of Gouvy and BoBo. Perhaps some similar happens with the other colleagues of the group. :(
My first idea was start by defining among all a first and briefly draft of a short text story. :giggle:The creation of the characters seems very important to me. Also the scenarios. In this process - that I do not think are going to be so quickly -, all us can share our proposals in one and other issue. This can understood as a lineal but iterative process of collective creation. Lineal attending the necessary steps for a fairytale illustrated production. Iterative in the sense that we can go back and further. :rolleyes:
The definition of the layout I think can be a secondary matter, and it can be of different styles: an image covered all page and text on it; an image separate of text; an image and text overlapping... and so more. :appsir:
Maybe you with your experience can help us to define how to start. :cool:

Ugggh:confused: !! I'm such a " give me a task to do person" ( concrete/random) in rw...having said that, here's everything in my pockets - putting it all on the table.

If this is to be a and illustrated fairytale book then the questions that come to mind are:
1) What age group ?
2) Diversity reflected (race, culture, gender, language, religion, ethnicity, urban, suburban, rural etc.)
2) Is it a read-a-loud ?
3) What kind of story do you want to tell ?
4) Languages ? ( Can't assume always English - audiences should be considered )
5) Will there be theme or a moral to the story ?
6) What do you want the kids to know, feel and/or be able to do after reading?
7) Images - which are determined by # 1-6

Those are some of the questions that are running through my mind.

(non sequitor) I am currently watching " Ice Fantasy" a ( 62 episode) Chinese fantasy drama so..as I watch, what comes to mind is the story being told and then the imagery which tells the story when there isn't dialogue. The story came first - then the imagery ( they actually got someone from LOTR to help with set design).

Hope this wasn't to much thinking...:alien:

Ugggh:confused: !! I'm such a " give me a task to do person" ( concrete/random) in rw...having said that, here's everything in my pockets - putting it all on the table.

If this is to be a and illustrated fairytale book then the questions that come to mind are:
1) What age group ?
2) Diversity reflected (race, culture, gender, language, religion, ethnicity, urban, suburban, rural etc.)
2) Is it a read-a-loud ?
3) What kind of story do you want to tell ?
4) Languages ? ( Can't assume always English - audiences should be considered )
5) Will there be theme or a moral to the story ?
6) What do you want the kids to know, feel and/or be able to do after reading?
7) Images - which are determined by # 1-6

Those are some of the questions that are running through my mind.

(non sequitor) I am currently watching " Ice Fantasy" a ( 62 episode) Chinese fantasy drama so..as I watch, what comes to mind is the story being told and then the imagery which tells the story when there isn't dialogue. The story came first - then the imagery ( they actually got someone from LOTR to help with set design).

Hope this wasn't to much thinking...:alien:
Thank a lot Delta. I believe that your insights and precise questions can open our doors to start. Here my two cents:
- First before all I agree with "The story came first - then the imagery"! :)
My proposals on your questions:
1. AGE GROUP: Children in an age range from know to read good but before adolescence: (5-12?)
2. READ-A-LOUD: Yes! Not exactly for the difficult of children to read but to encourage parents to share a reading adventure with her/his children. The images can play an important role in this.
3. (Pending)
4. LANGUAGES: Original: English. Since it is not a very long text, I think later, Gouvy could translate into German, I in Spanish and so others in their respective languages. Including in this, the collaboration of others Mobipeeps - in their respective languages - would be important.
5. (Pending)
6. First, to enjoy a moment with her/himself, parents and friends. Second, help develop their critical and creative thinking.
7. Agree with you that are going to be determined by #1-6.

:cool:

Last edited:
My apologies. I skipped point 2, otherwise very important.
2. DIVERSITY REFLECTED. Without it will make complex the story, I think the respect of diversity we should consider as a kind of ethical precept. The gender and race equality, the wealth of sharing a life and intercultural experiences, no exclusion or segregation for social, ideas, beliefs or spatial issues... The images can play a very important role in this accents.
:):cool:

Last edited:
I'm good at the pics but never tried my hand at story telling. Happy to give it a go but happy to help illustrate any stories too. Perhaps someone should write the first short story and then we have a comp to provide the illustration/s.
My excuses Ann ImageArt believing that you had already welcomed :rolleyes:;)
Your remarkable creativity in Digital Photo Art, emphasizing in the multiple composition of images, provide significant innovative and powerful sparkles in the illustrations, and I'm sure little by little you are going assuming properly the literary component. As Delta Delta states "If we do not step outside of what we know and courageously wander around in what we don't know - we don't grow, we don't learn, we stay static - playing a concerto with one finger." :cool:

No, Brian - we've been waiting for you to show up!!! Glenton, Brian has shown up! We can start! :D
Agree! Now with Brian we can start :cool:
To do that I think we need detailed advice of Gouvy GroovyGouvy and BoBo, attending their commentaries before, AND more precisely the instructions of Delta considering her important experience in similar matters :) I hope she is well and has only left us so long for uncomplicated reasons :barf::notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom