Hello & So Glad To Be Here!

Disastrous Wolf 7126

Curator of Collections
Real Name
Steve
Device
iPhone 11
Hello - I’m Steve …I was directed here by a Hipstamatic Reddit group…really glad to have found this site. Amazing resource..I’ve learned a lot in the last few days pouring through many pics and posts. Having went through being really involved posting on Flickr in the 00’s and eventually grinding to a halt on Instagram…I’ve learned to enjoy taking photos for the love of taking photos ( not posting ) for several years now. Primarily a Hipstamatic user.. I enjoy the variety ..of even the subtle releases. Looking forward to practicing & improving my knowledge & skills. Thanks!

Hello - I’m Steve …I was directed here by a Hipstamatic Reddit group…really glad to have found this site. Amazing resource..I’ve learned a lot in the last few days pouring through many pics and posts. Having went through being really involved posting on Flickr in the 00’s and eventually grinding to a halt on Instagram…I’ve learned to enjoy taking photos for the love of taking photos ( not posting ) for several years now. Primarily a Hipstamatic user.. I enjoy the variety ..of even the subtle releases. Looking forward to practicing & improving my knowledge & skills. Thanks!
Welcome to Mobitog! You will find many Hista aficionados among us! Sounds like you’ve had a look around already so make yourself at home!

Welcome to MobiTog Steve! We’re excited to have you here! :) So glad you’ve already found our space helpful. You’ve definitely come to the right place to meet fellow mobile photography addicts, to learn tips and tricks, discover new apps, and hone your skills. Hopefully this info will be helpful, but if you still have any questions be sure to give us a shout - our MobiCommunity are a super friendly and helpful bunch of mobile photography addicts enthusiasts!!
:D

At the bottom right on any page you'll see “Help” - click on that and it will bring you to our detailed help section. You can also click this link: Help

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

FUN STUFF!!
We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like Starzee Star's Black & White Challenge, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, zenjenny Jen’s outside-the-box APPstract Challenge, and lots more. Check them out in our Challenges, Projects, 365s & 52s forum!!

We also have some wonderful on-going Community "drop-ins", like Sign Spotting, Shadow Selfies, Found Faces, MobiTattoos
;)
, Our Grandchildren, Our Pets, and The MobiCafe.

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

Iff you haven't seen it already, Populuxe has posted info on this month's pak here.

Hello, Steve. I hope you enjoy your stay here. I’m almost 100% a Hipstamatic user as well (the real one, not the rebranded HipstamaticX.) I look forward to seeing your photography.

Hi Kent, thanks! Really enjoying all your posts on the different packs ….has me revisiting some that I had forgotten. HipstamaticX might be a good deal for people that haven’t been buying the packs all along? I’m too much invested in the original.
I always enjoy the beginning of each month when I can plunk down my 99 cents and get some more variety in the collection!

Welcome to Mobitog! You will find many Hista aficionados among us! Sounds like you’ve had a look around already so make yourself at home!
Thanks for the welcome Star! Really enjoying the site…soooo much fun photo stuff to checkout…

Welcome to MobiTog Steve! We’re excited to have you here! :) So glad you’ve already found our space helpful. You’ve definitely come to the right place to meet fellow mobile photography addicts, to learn tips and tricks, discover new apps, and hone your skills. Hopefully this info will be helpful, but if you still have any questions be sure to give us a shout - our MobiCommunity are a super friendly and helpful bunch of mobile photography addicts enthusiasts!!
:D

At the bottom right on any page you'll see “Help” - click on that and it will bring you to our detailed help section. You can also click this link: Help

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

FUN STUFF!!
We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like Starzee Star's Black & White Challenge, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, zenjenny Jen’s outside-the-box APPstract Challenge, and lots more. Check them out in our Challenges, Projects, 365s & 52s forum!!

We also have some wonderful on-going Community "drop-ins", like Sign Spotting, Shadow Selfies, Found Faces, MobiTattoos
;)
, Our Grandchildren, Our Pets, and The MobiCafe.

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!
Thanks for the welcome Catherine!
Getting into all the great challenges…looking forward to everyone’s new year projects too. Mobitog definitely has me excited about taking pics again.

Are there directions somewhere on how to add others names and their pics for replies?
(have a judging gig coming up and want to be ready!)

Are there directions somewhere on how to add others names and their pics for replies?
(have a judging gig coming up and want to be ready!)
Let's see, you can add a "live" name by putting an @ in front of a user name, so @ + terse becomes terse. Usually you only have to type the @ and a couple of letters, and a list of possible members will pop up.

For images, you can right-click (or equivalent) on the image, copy it, and then paste it in where you want it. (There are other ways, too, but that's probably the simplest.)

1703092868742.png

Also, for 24 hours, there'll be an Edit button at the bottom left of any message you post, so you can make changes if you want. After 24 hours, it takes a moderator to edit a post. (It also take a moderator to delete one.)

We used to have a help file, but it got way out of date. Maybe we can rescue some scraps from it.

Last edited:
I had a heck of a time getting the photo ..not the link to post ..copy for me created a link when posting ….had to save and post and then insert!
I’ll need to practice ..but getting there.
Thanks for the assist!

I had a heck of a time getting the photo ..not the link to post ..copy for me created a link when posting ….had to save and post and then insert!
I’ll need to practice ..but getting there.
Thanks for the assist!
If you've got the link, you can use a different method. In the message editor box, click/tap on this icon:

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 10.47.32 AM.jpg

That will bring up a windoid where you can paste in the link:

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 10.48.07 AM.jpg

I’ve copied your pic ..I drop down to start a new message …the windroid is greyed out ..even if I post and try and go back to edit.

Last edited:
To get the posting of others work going ..I’m saving the image , using the attach files button..(it’s not greyed out) and then inserting.

One thought: If you click the square brackets icon at the right end of the toolbar, you get into BBCode mode, and all the other stuff on the toolbar gets deactivated, so the toolbar looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 3.34.28 PM.jpg

Despite the fact that the [ ] icon is grayed out, too, it's still active. If you click it again, you get back into normal rich text mode, and the toolbar looks like what I showed above. However, if it's only the one Insert Image icon that's grayed out, that's something different.

(I don't think anybody uses the BBCode mode here. It lets you enter inline text command for formatting your entry.)

Last edited:
Hmm... I can't see the image you pasted in here, but if I look at it in moderator's edit view, I can see it's there. Starzee? Am I wrong about the copy/paste?

EDIT: And I see your post in Image of the Month worked fine. Gremlins...
I can see it.
I’ve copied your pic ..I drop down to start a new message …the windroid is greyed out ..even if I post and try and go back to edit.
When I paste an image it IS greyed out for a few seconds. It clears up shortly.

Back
Top Bottom