Hipstamatic and storage

Finally, we appear to have some form of acknowledgement Jennifer... :rog:

Eric Rozen has just messaged me the following news... :D

"I got a test version and they sent me a message: "We are working on the high disk space usage bugs being reported.". They are working on it!"

Cool! Can't wait till they fix this so that I can start using this app more regularly again. Thanks for pursuing, Venomator and Eric!

So one should delete and reload to use "without colored stuff?"
That's correct Jennifer, although Hipstamatic suggest it is only the lens we need to delete & download again... :rog:

Most Pakkers seem to be deleting both lens & film just to be sure... :whistle:

Cannot do any harm for sure... :D

Cool! Can't wait till they fix this so that I can start using this app more regularly again. Thanks for pursuing, Venomator and Eric!
Good news, apparently, we think they have found the buglet... :thumbs:

Hipstamatic Have informed Eric Rozen the bug is fixed - we just hope it is the bug you have been experiencing... ;)

They are confident they will have an update 'released soon'... :D

We will keep you posted... :rog:

Good news, apparently, we think they have found the buglet... :thumbs:

Hipstamatic Have informed Eric Rozen the bug is fixed - we just hope it is the bug you have been experiencing... ;)

They are confident they will have an update 'released soon'... :D

We will keep you posted... :rog:

Great! Looking forward to that. I really want to keep using this app! And, thank you both for pursuing this, it's awesome!

Hipstamatic 312

New Hipstamatic update: this 312 version is not a huge change from the previous version but it does correct a few bugs. More info on: http://hipstography.com/en/news-en/hipstamatic-312-2.html
Thanks Eric, whilst it suggests it to be the case, can you confirm this really does resolve the memory issue everyone here has been so concerned about... :whistle:

Taken from the App Store:

What's New in Version 312

• Fixed a bug causing Hipstamatic to use more disk space than necessary
• Fixed bug causing EXIF location and creation date data not to be written
• Fixed a confusing UI bug with the ‘Transfer’ function (it is now an option under the ‘action’ menu)
• An error is now shown if there is low disk space when shooting
• Fixed UI bug if the ‘reduce transparency’ accessibility setting is turned on
• Behind the scenes improvements to the processing engine to allow for awesome new photo effects in future HipstaPaks
• General stability improvements

Mine is currently sitting at 555MB after the auto update to 312 - a slight improvement over the before number... :thumbs:

Hopefully odilonvert, Philippe Schlossberg and others can confirm a similar picture now... :rog:

We really appreciate your efforts and feedback on this hot topic... :D

Mine went from over 4 GB (!) to 1.7 GB.
That is quite a drop, but still seems pretty high Henrique... :eek:

I wonder if a delete and re-upload of Hipstamatic may help some with persisting high memory issues... :rog:

Great improvement for me. It's down to 345-55 mb give or take, from over 700 mb. I have all the filters. I've tried out the camera in different modes - classic and manual/edit mode. I did extensive editing using all the features on one of the photos I took on a random setting - it did increase the space it took up, but then I deleted those folders it creates (I still don't understand that strategy), cleared the cache (it actually shows signs of life now), and used my little app to free up memory and delete junk/temp files and got the little monster to go back to the way it is when no photos have been shot.

I guess it's a matter of diligence and cleaning up temp files when it starts taking up more space, but the cleaning via Hipstamatic and via my app for the Apple stuff, I can keep it under control. Going to shoot some more with it this week to see how it works over a longer period of time. But I'd say that it's a HUGE improvement.

Thanks so much to Venomator and Eric Rozen for keeping this issue in front of Hipsta's developers! You guys ROCK.

Back
Top Bottom