Hipstamatic and storage

ValeriGail iColorama is another app that I've downloaded since the beginning but again it's an app with a lot of potential but also with a lot of things to fix. Or at least, an interface not always friendly. I know probably it's one developer only that does its best but still. Where's the iColorama community growing?

ValeriGail iColorama is another app that I've downloaded since the beginning but again it's an app with a lot of potential but also with a lot of things to fix. Or at least, an interface not always friendly. I know probably it's one developer only that does its best but still. Where's the iColorama community growing?

That was one app that really hogged space on my phone. I've seen some cool stuff done with it, but I don't like how it's organized for such a complex program. Maybe it's better on iPad.

I've seen some cool stuff done with it, but I don't like how it's organized for such a complex program. Maybe it's better on iPad.
I love iColorama, but "quirky" is perhaps the nicest way to describe the interface. It may be slightly less so on the iPad, but not a lot. I've put more studying/investigating time into it than into any other app I have (but I get a lot out of it as well).

Seems to be pretty active on Instagram, where the iColorama account regularly highlights impressive stuff done by other IG users with it.

yeah ... on Facebook too. Adding that there are many devotees writing tutorials. Links are in the Facebook group and Twitter. It's a mad app [emoji3]

I love iColorama, but "quirky" is perhaps the nicest way to describe the interface. It may be slightly less so on the iPad, but not a lot. I've put more studying/investigating time into it than into any other app I have (but I get a lot out of it as well).
I keep saying I'm going to watch a tutorial and try and figure it out, but.............. :barf:

I keep saying I'm going to watch a tutorial and try and figure it out, but.............. :barf:
I have a really really hard time watching video tutorials. I'd probably be a lot better with iColorama if I did, but they're so... so... LINEAR. I end up having to work it out myself or picking up tips like that neat little sequence ImageArt posted for a watercolor look.

I have a really really hard time watching video tutorials. I'd probably be a lot better with iColorama if I did, but they're so... so... LINEAR. I end up having to work it out myself or picking up tips like that neat little sequence ImageArt posted for a watercolor look.
I agree for the most part, but sometimes there's an "Aha!" moment to be had if there's a trick/area to tap etc. that you didn't know about. But yeah, sometimes getting to that Aha can be tedious. [emoji16]

Like a few other's said, on Facebook and IG. there is a good amount of discussion on Facebook in Teresita's main group, among others. I'm mostly a lurker. With all the new stuff and updates, I desperately need a tutorial. But both iPad and iPhone apps are updated quite regularly and with beta testing in the group. I really love Teresita's dedication to her app and her community.

Last edited:
I accidentally deleted Hipstamatic yesterday when I was taking a photo in the bright sun. Poof / gone.

Well this was not so horrible. All of my photos are of course in the camera roll, and they are there with their combos intact, and since they were saved as versions they can be edited as per usual.

So I gained back the 45 plus gig.

The only downside is that I lost my saved favorite combos, which I would have written down if I were intentionally reinstalling. and I had to realphabatize the lens, film, flashes, which is a pain, but altogether the outcome was way better than I anticipated.

So... I'm taking it that the silence is deafening from Hipstamatic's end about this issue?....
And no response from developer Ryan at all to my message on FB.
So apparently the excuse is they have been busy with the new Pak... o_O

I mean, they don't have different groups of people doing a variety of stuff like normal businesses, of course... :coffee:

Anyway, the question has been re-visited and we continue to wait with bated breath... :whistle:

Or not... :D

So apparently the excuse is they have been busy with the new Pak... o_O

I mean, they don't have different groups of people doing a variety of stuff like normal businesses, of course... :coffee:

Anyway, the question has been re-visited and we continue to wait with bated breath... :whistle:

Or not... :D

Well and, I got the latest pak. And it has a defect! Check out the colored stuff on the sill in the lower left bottom of the pic:
GLXO6821.jpg

Hi, Jennifer, here's your brazilian friend. I also saw the strange color spots, but they seem to go out if you put the image in edit mode. Much worse is the terrible memory usage bug, which I guess is the type of bug that must be so close to the Hipsta's lonely developer's eyes that he just can't see it.
Big hug for you!

Hi, Jennifer, here's your brazilian friend. I also saw the strange color spots, but they seem to go out if you put the image in edit mode. Much worse is the terrible memory usage bug, which I guess is the type of bug that must be so close to the Hipsta's lonely developer's eyes that he just can't see it.
Big hug for you!

Oh Henrit! So good to see you here! This is one of a handful of places I can actually stand to have discussions in and reconnect with old friends from the IPA days. A BIG hug for you too!

(and I'm afraid to go into edit mode because that's when the space problems get really bad... the best test would be if that colored stuff printed out, but I don't think I want to potentially waste paper and ink to find out...)

The color stuff vanishes when you put the image in edit mode, but comes back when you save the picture to the camera roll.

Still crickets from Hipstamatic staff?...
:lmao:

That is certainly one way of putting it Jennifer... :rog:

Even though Eric Rozen has tried repeatedly and escalated beyond the support team he is having as much of a response as the rest of us it seems... :(

He has even pointed them to this discussion, to no avail either... :barf:

:lmao:

That is certainly one way of putting it Jennifer... :rog:

Even though Eric Rozen has tried repeatedly and escalated beyond the support team he is having as much of a response as the rest of us it seems... :(

He has even pointed them to this discussion, to no avail either... :barf:

Ugh... that's terrible. :/

Back
Top Bottom