Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

I find Plant snap good if I want to find something out whilst on my walk - take a picture then it tells you pretty instantly what the subject is. My favourite thought is ‘Picture This’ app. Very good and although it asks you to pay - you can access it by pressing continue and check something - usually can do this 3 times.
A nice addition to my little nature folder. PlantNet, Merlin, and now Fungi Finder…. :D

8th January - Playing with the Lightbox Again!
Close-up images of the Alstromeria stamens. Really liked the curls the stems had made.

40F1744A-BB04-4A84-890D-483B8078065E.jpeg

5th January - Turkey Tail

Went to our usual woods for doggy walk today, but probably be the last for a while - more like a mud pool in some areas - Izzy loved it, but I didn't! But one plus - found another fungi - checking on the app, it's called 'Turkey Tail'.

View attachment 188777
A beauty.... and very medicinal! I drink a mushroom "tea" that includes turkey tail.

Picture mushroom, fungi finder

A nice addition to my little nature folder. PlantNet, Merlin, and now Fungi Finder…. :D
Darn it!! I downloaded it... then realized there's a yearly subscription fee. What happened to apps you paid for upfront?? I refuse to do subscriptions. Oh well... this looked cool too. :(

Darn it!! I downloaded it... then realized there's a yearly subscription fee. What happened to apps you paid for upfront?? I refuse to do subscriptions. Oh well... this looked cool too. :(
I downloaded it but haven’t opened it yet. I’m not big on subscriptions, either.

10th January - LightPad and Lightroom Experiment
Rainy day again so used one of the last of my flowers that have not died to study on the lightpad. The flower os a single chrysanthemum. Took it on portrait mode on the camera then used Lightroom in the editing to bring out the colour in the centre more.
868164E0-07D0-41D3-B2C3-41DB8128749D_1_102_a.jpg

10th January - LightPad and Lightroom Experiment
Rainy day again so used one of the last of my flowers that have not died to study on the lightpad. The flower os a single chrysanthemum. Took it on portrait mode on the camera then used Lightroom in the editing to bring out the colour in the centre more.
View attachment 188870
Beautiful edit :inlove::thumbs:

11th January - Up Close and Personal
Went for a walk along the canal at Hickling which is a large canal basin that is home to many ducks and swans. This particular swan was rather 'over friendly' and literally came up to whilst I was sitting on the bench. Almost too close to take a full picture so decided to concentrate on the feet with I didn't realise were such an amazing silver colour and had an interesting patterning and texture.
5F420D39-9455-4F23-B86F-8458A42B52F5_1_102_o.jpg

Went for a walk along the canal at Hickling which is a large canal basin that is home to many ducks and swans. This particular swan was rather 'over friendly' and literally came up to whilst I was sitting on the bench. Almost too close to take a full picture so decided to concentrate on the feet with I didn't realise were such an amazing silver colour and had an interesting patterning and texture.
View attachment 188886
Wow, great idea. The feet are quite impressive :eek:

View attachment 188886
What a rare opportunity!!!!! And love the silver feet they look shiny!

View attachment 188886
This is amazing!! Abolutely love it....what a beautiful color! I love how they're pigeon toed. :inlove:

Thanks for all the comments about the swam’s feet image - thought it might not be popular, but obviously I was wrong!

12th January - Kestrel Hunting
On today’s walk spotted this Kestrel hovering trying to spot some prey. As you can see from the reeds, it was very breezy, but it shows what skill these birds have to keep still even in wind.
273C47F8-042B-4ACF-AF70-87D6A17DA11C.jpeg

13th January - Stormy Day - Again!
Another walk where the weather is being fairly unpredictable. Fist sun, then heavy gusts of wind and then rain clouds appear. So much so, even the ducks weren't too happy with the swell on the usual benign canal. Spotted these two hunkered under the old oak tree trying to keep out of the gusts.
IMG_5562.jpg

12th January - Kestrel Hunting
On today’s walk spotted this Kestrel hovering trying to spot some prey. As you can see from the reeds, it was very breezy, but it shows what skill these birds have to keep still even in wind.
View attachment 188921
And they’re so pretty, at least the ones around here are.

15th January - Poplar Avenue

The image is of an avenue of Poplar Trees in a nearby village called Kinoulton. The story is quite a sad one that surrounds the planting of these. The lane from the village goes to a local farm that was owned by a Sir Jesse Hind. Hs son Francis was killed in the First World War along with 183 others from the 9th Battalion Sherwood Foresters regiment between 7th July and 20th November in 1916. All of whom would have lived in the Nottinghamshire/Leicestershire counties. Thought it looked better in B&W.

5610346_70783f7a_original-2.jpg

15th January - Poplar Avenue

The image is of an avenue of Poplar Trees in a nearby village called Kinoulton. The story is quite a sad one that surrounds the planting of these. The lane from the village goes to a local farm that was owned by a Sir Jesse Hind. Hs son Francis was killed in the First World War along with 183 others from the 9th Battalion Sherwood Foresters regiment between 7th July and 20th November in 1916. All of whom would have lived in the Nottinghamshire/Leicestershire counties. Thought it looked better in B&W.

View attachment 188977
I would look pretty fine in the new BnW challenge! :D

16th January - New Life begins
Walked around the garden today and spotted the first signs of new life coming through and flowering. The Aconites are in bud and will be greeting us in a few days alongside the Hellebores or Christmas Rose that started to flower last weekend.
22460C0B-F211-4485-8C45-D7418E1AE764.jpeg

17th January - Sparkling Jewels
As with many areas in UK today, we woke up to a very strong hoar frost. I love the effects this has on the plants, but as I didn't get to go out in the garden till late morning much had disappeared when the a sun came up. But, nestled under another plant was these comfrey leaves that still retained some of the frost, bit as it was thawing the patterns were beautiful. Almost looked like tiny jewels sparkling.

E181B9BB-EEF3-4A84-8F59-20DF6C844C17.jpeg

18th January - A Cold and Frosty Morning
Went on a walk we haven’t done for a while as it’s usually very muddy, but with the frost in the last few days much of the mud has hardened and wasn’t too bad to walk on. Crossed this field Ito the neighbouring village and the sun was gleaming down on the frost making it look lovely.

272AC78C-BCB7-4F9B-82C6-7D2F2DCC7840.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom