Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

19th January - Frosty Sunrise
Third day of frost so the sunrise was pretty spectacular today. Took the image just standing in the bedroom - chickened out of going outside as it was -4 on the thermometer.

View attachment 189155
What a fantastic image Jane :thumbs::inlove: We are just admiring it both of us here, seeing more and more details in it. Your garden is a bird paradise I guess :)

Last edited:
20th January - Frozen Canal
The lovely frosty days are still with us and today there were. Places on the canal that were froze. These ducks were making the most of it. I took the image because of the lovely reflections the ice made.
9FB475ED-8869-4799-A15D-FEE0306F5726.jpeg

21st January - Morning Sun
This weekend saw us having to travel to Kent to clear my late aunts’ home. Not much time to get out but this morning’s short walk with the dogs found this small walkway between estates with sun breaking through the trees.

9C38F45F-D42E-457D-8CAF-5207F584C1FD.jpeg

22nd January - Taken from the Car
On our way home after clearing my aunts’ home, we travelled up the A1m from the M25 instead of the M11 as there were road closures and I’m glad we did! As we got nearer St Neots in Cambridgeshire the scenery suddenly changed and looked something out of Narnia! Everything was covered in white crystals. As we were travelling there was no time to stop so the images below were taken from inside the car from my passenger window as we were moving. Very pleased by the results!
F18EF8BF-214B-43F1-8BEA-93E22423727C.jpeg

23rd January - Frozen in Time
Back to normal doggy walks along the canal today. Glorious crisp blue winter’s day. The canal is still frozen solid and the effect is quite surreal. Some of it has changed to white streaks, almost like a long exposure effect.
E1F24988-5F90-42A3-8C88-D394E92FF4FD.jpeg

22nd January - Taken from the Car
On our way home after clearing my aunts’ home, we travelled up the A1m from the M25 instead of the M11 as there were road closures and I’m glad we did! As we got nearer St Neots in Cambridgeshire the scenery suddenly changed and looked something out of Narnia! Everything was covered in white crystals. As we were travelling there was no time to stop so the images below were taken from inside the car from my passenger window as we were moving. Very pleased by the results!
View attachment 189245
Looks magical! Really lovely :)

25th January - First Catkins
spent sometime yesterday beginning to clear the garden of some of the dead plants after the heavy frosts we’ve had. It was lovely to see the early shoots of the Daffodils and Tulips and other bulbs popping through as well as the first catkins on the trees.
7BF6ADCD-C843-4DBB-8564-AF6CE17F27C3.jpeg

27th January - Textures

Took this of an oak tree’s bark that had these tiny lichen buds coming through. To highlight them, I converted the image to black and white then re-painted the lichen colour into the image with PhotoSplash.

E799F07A-9188-4D29-A4C3-DFBCF52945F2.jpeg

29th January - A new Addition to the Flock
There seems to be an interesting development with the flock of Mallards near Hickling. We've have very large ducks, Mandarin ducks and now this one has appeared. Clearly a white farm duck that has bred with a mallard and ended up looking like this.
40C3718C-3AD8-4179-B353-43D9F364A9ED.jpg

30th January - Hyacinths

The last of my hyacinths I grew in a glass in water. Sometimes they grow really well, but often they struggle to come in flower well. Fortunately, the white ones came out really well.
IMG_5409.JPG

30th January - Hyacinths

The last of my hyacinths I grew in a glass in water. Sometimes they grow really well, but often they struggle to come in flower well. Fortunately, the white ones came out really well.
View attachment 189427
I love hyacinths. I have purple and yellow. Mine are in the ground. They seem to like light compost. When you grow them in water, what do you feed them?

31st January - Windy Day ICM
Today’s doggy walk along the canal was lovely except for a very strong wind that got up and was moving the reeds and the clouds around. Thought I’d try an ICM to convey the movement a bit more. Not sure if I achieved it but here’s the result!
31CF8E5B-3B30-4F4F-88A2-B6699DDF7A2B.jpeg

2nd February - Lichen
We often walk pass dead trees with what looks like grey splurges over them, but if you spend a couple of minuted looking closely, Lichen is an amazing organism. Where it looks like a flat blob it is actually a plant in itself, living off the old decaying tree stump. I think this is, like fungi, something people just ignore, which is a shame.

IMG_0358.jpg

2nd February - Lichen
We often walk pass dead trees with what looks like grey splurges over them, but if you spend a couple of minuted looking closely, Lichen is an amazing organism. Where it looks like a flat blob it is actually a plant in itself, living off the old decaying tree stump. I think this is, like fungi, something people just ignore, which is a shame.

View attachment 189502
I have to admit the only place I notice lichen in cemeteries on old gravestones.

Back
Top Bottom