Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

4th February - Hellebore
The Hellebores are really beginning to come into flower now. This pink one was looking lovely this morning in the bit of sunshine we had before the clouds took over again.
C6AAA0FF-4EA4-4D75-8024-808F92CC3448.jpeg

9th February - Spoiling the peace of the Countryside

As it was such a lovely day, we took a walk along the canal at Woolsthorpe but sadly, this was somewhat spoiled by a group of trails bike riders who were charging around the area revving their bikes very loudly and also making a complete mess of some of the bridle ways. So much for a quiet pleasant walk!

397B927A-9F36-4969-B292-C4472AAD7EA3.jpeg

9th February - Spoiling the peace of the Countryside

As it was such a lovely day, we took a walk along the canal at Woolsthorpe but sadly, this was somewhat spoiled by a group of trails bike riders who were charging around the area revving their bikes very loudly and also making a complete mess of some of the bridle ways. So much for a quiet pleasant walk!

View attachment 189702
Lots of those guys with their toys here around too. They have an exercise trail about 2 km from here and when the wind comes from that direction it feels as if we have a gang of angry wasps around

11th February - Another Lichen Picture!
Most people just walk past the grey or yellow blooms on tree branches or gravestones bout close-up they are extremely intricate organisms. This image shows what looks like tiny craters that protrude from the base layer. These are actually the flower heads that the spores have escaped from to populate new plants.

84D5F676-270E-4226-881B-378367FD1945.jpeg

12th February - Canada Geese
Next to the canal is a lovely farmhouse with a very large garden and pond. recently, a small flock of Canada Geese have taken up residence on the pond. Started out with about 6, today I counted nearly 20. Think they maybe looking for a potential breeding area.
IMG_6160.jpg

13th February - Lichen and Fungi
Walking around the woods today instead of the canal, spotted lots of signs of buds which is pleasing, but also can across this. One of the old trees that had come down earlier in the winter had come down and has begun to rot. One of the branches had developed both lichen and Jelly-Ear fungus.
IMG_6207.jpg

14th February - Iris Reticulata
I have several types of Iris growing in the garden but this is undoubtedly my favourite. Iris Reticulata is pro the most blue of all flowers. And at this time of the year stands out amongst the Hellebores and Snowdrops. It is such a shame it only lasts less than a month and then it’s gone for another year.
I‘ve edited it in Lightroom after photographing it in the Lightbox, deliberately leaving negative space.
28C30485-0DD5-416D-9C3A-EBD235B3E305.jpeg

14th February - Iris Reticulata
I have several types of Iris growing in the garden but this is undoubtedly my favourite. Iris Reticulata is pro the most blue of all flowers. And at this time of the year stands out amongst the Hellebores and Snowdrops. It is such a shame it only lasts less than a month and then it’s gone for another year.
I‘ve edited it in Lightroom after photographing it in the Lightbox, deliberately leaving negative space.
View attachment 189817
Beautiful!

15th February - Last days of a Tulip
A friends bought me some Tulips recently, and as I do with all my flowers indoors I keep changing the water adding some sugar each time to help keep them for as long as possible but there always comes a time when they have to go in the compost bin. Sadly, this lovely yellow tulip has come to that state, but before it gets composted, decided to play around with it in the Lightbox and edited in Lightroom. I liked this images because it looks like the petals are flying in the air. Added a blue background to highlight the yellow.
512590AF-5B77-4630-BD57-400C3572A186.jpeg

15th February - Last days of a Tulip
A friends bought me some Tulips recently, and as I do with all my flowers indoors I keep changing the water adding some sugar each time to help keep them for as long as possible but there always comes a time when they have to go in the compost bin. Sadly, this lovely yellow tulip has come to that state, but before it gets composted, decided to play around with it in the Lightbox and edited in Lightroom. I liked this images because it looks like the petals are flying in the air. Added a blue background to highlight the yellow.
View attachment 189854
Lovely tulip portrait :inlove::thumbs: Tulips are so photogenic, especially when they are starting to fade

16th February - Thief!
We have at least 4 squirrels tat visit the bird feeders each day - 2 adults and 2 young. One of the young always visits the front garden and we've notice him digging in the beds near the feeders. At first I thought he was burying the peanuts and sunflower seeds, but today noticed him rooting around for sometime then began to eat. He has been digging up some of my miniature Allium Moly bulbs and eating them! Obviously they taste better than peanuts! Not the best image but taken through the window. Love the expression and stance - clearly aware that I'd seen him taking them.

1E2177DD-717F-42FE-A3D9-018C99AB8408_1_201_a.jpg

17th February - Tulip - High Key Style
As it was very windy today and not good for photographing flowers which is what I'd planned to do, decided to play around with one of the images from a couple of days ago and create a High Key image. Liked the way the patterning shows on the petal more than usual with a colour image.
IMG_6248.jpg

16th February - Thief!
We have at least 4 squirrels tat visit the bird feeders each day - 2 adults and 2 young. One of the young always visits the front garden and we've notice him digging in the beds near the feeders. At first I thought he was burying the peanuts and sunflower seeds, but today noticed him rooting around for sometime then began to eat. He has been digging up some of my miniature Allium Moly bulbs and eating them! Obviously they taste better than peanuts! Not the best image but taken through the window. Love the expression and stance - clearly aware that I'd seen him taking them.

View attachment 189887
Very cute thief :inlove:;)

Back
Top Bottom