Jerry’s Catch-All

Road to Nowhere

MidJourney, iColorama, Phonto

I prompted “road to nowhere, organic symmetry, minimalism” and got some of the expected shots of trees lining a road into fog. But then I got this one that looked like detail of a car park/parking lot. I liked the unexpected result, slapped the lyrics on (Talking Heads) and here we go!

IMG_3954.jpeg

Mystery Dance

Since August 2022 I have included MidJourney images with my Song of the Day. Seeing that I started Song of the Day in January 2009, there are thousands of songs that never got their own image. This is a start: Mystery Dance by Elvis Costello. The base image was an old dance chart with the numbered footprints and the arrows.

phonto.jpeg

Mystery Dance

Since August 2022 I have included MidJourney images with my Song of the Day. Seeing that I started Song of the Day in January 2009, there are thousands of songs that never got their own image. This is a start: Mystery Dance by Elvis Costello. The base image was an old dance chart with the numbered footprints and the arrows.

View attachment 200903
But what's the use of looking if you don't know what they mean?

Great song.

Character Reference - Fifties

MidJourney, iColorama, Diptic

MidJourney has added character reference to allow for consistent characters, and a group had us experiment with it. I created a character of a bobbysoxer from the fifties (left), and put her into a surreal hallway (right). Tomorrow I’ll move her into the sixties.

IMG_3992.jpeg

Character Reference - Fifties

MidJourney has added character reference to allow for consistent characters, and a group had us experiment with it. I created a character of a bobbysoxer from the fifties (left), and put her into a surreal hallway (right). Tomorrow I’ll move her into the sixties.

View attachment 200910
Sounds like a fun project :thumbs::)

Character Reference - Sixties

Yesterday’s bobbysoxer brought forward into the late sixties, with added tie-dye. I did not bother trying to age the character, because it’s only possible through a lot of hit-and-miss-and-miss. I have other rabbit holes to jump into.

IMG_3993.jpeg

Character Reference - Sixties

Yesterday’s bobbysoxer brought forward into the late sixties, with added tie-dye. I did not bother trying to age the character, because it’s only possible through a lot of hit-and-miss-and-miss. I have other rabbit holes to jump into.

View attachment 200924
Obviously ageless……

I Can’t Hear a Word

MidJourney, iColorama

Another “missing” Song of the Day entry, Nilsson’s “Everybody’s Talking”, written by Fred Neil. It’s a composite of two different MidJourney images, since I couldn’t get a downcast figure to show up in the middle of the shouting heads.

Everybody’s talkin’ at me
I can’t hear a word they’re saying

IMG_4036.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom