Jerry’s Catch-All

Obscure I

MidJourney, iColorama

IMG_0184.jpeg

Island Spirit Palm Drums

MidJourney, Impresso Pro, iColorama

I captured a photo while in Hawaii of a ball suspended on a rope from a tree at the beach. It was most likely used as a swing for children. I took that image into MidJourney and used the /describe function. It told me the ball was an Island Spirit Palm Drum (which it obviously wasn’t). Running that prompt gave me four drums, and I ran that image through painting program Impresso Pro.

IMG_0431.jpeg

Blocked

MidJourney, iColorama

I asked for a woodblock print, and though the shading on the face is too subtle for woodblock, I liked the result.

View attachment 194108
That's interesting. You're right, the face doesn't look like a woodcut, but the hair looks right. Have you seen AI-generated faces with a woodcut look elsewhere? Or is it that the models have been trained so heavily on realism for faces?

That's interesting. You're right, the face doesn't look like a woodcut, but the hair looks right. Have you seen AI-generated faces with a woodcut look elsewhere? Or is it that the models have been trained so heavily on realism for faces?
Release 5.1 was heavily weighted towards photos in general, so that styles like woodblock were hard to achieve. Now that we are in 5.2, it’s possible to tell MidJourney to stick closer to the prompt and cut down on MidJourney making it “pretty” with its own style.

Here is the grid of 4 I got with 5.1. Numbers 1 and 3 have less of the shading.

IMG_0702.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom