Jerry’s Catch-All

Note to Self: Stay Out of Sun

WomboDream, MidJourney, iColorama

Selfie was seed to WomboDream, which was seed to MidJourney.

IMG_0580.jpeg

In Transit

PlaygroundAI, MidJourney, iColorama

Sometimes I’m glad to be the type who prefers to play with the images I get rather than work to achieve something I envision. I was inspired to try to create a simple illustration in the style of St. Exupery of “The Little Prince”. But MidJourney doesn’t do simple. So I put the prompt through Playground, a free online AI tool that uses SD. It gave me some extremely simple doodles, but they weren’t on white paper like I asked. But I used one of them anyway as input to MidJourney, trying to get a simple layout. And I got this, which I am very pleased with, although it has nothing to do with my original inspiration.

IMG_8667.jpeg

In Transit

Sometimes I’m glad to be the type who prefers to play with the images I get rather than work to achieve something I envision. I was inspired to try to create a simple illustration in the style of St. Exupery of “The Little Prince”. But MidJourney doesn’t do simple. So I put the prompt through Playground, a free online AI tool that uses SD. It gave me some extremely simple doodles, but they weren’t on white paper like I asked. But I used one of them anyway as input to MidJourney, trying to get a simple layout. And I got this, which I am very pleased with, although it has nothing to do with my original inspiration.

View attachment 194194
Nothing I begin resembles what I end up with……

In Transit

View attachment 194194
I'm very familiar with that effect.

When I first saw this, I thought it looked very much like a relief print. Thinking some more, I realized it could be made into a physical relief print using solarplate, ink, and paper. And wouldn't that mess with the nebulous boundary between AI art and human art.

I'm very familiar with that effect.

When I first saw this, I thought it looked very much like a relief print. Thinking some more, I realized it could be made into a physical relief print using solarplate, ink, and paper. And wouldn't that mess with the nebulous boundary between AI art and human art.
I haven’t encountered any one who sets that “nebulous boundary” so strictly that you can’t use AI as inspiration to create physical art. I liken what I did here to acrylic pours: I didn’t get something specific that I envisioned, and I stopped when it looked good to me. I wouldn’t tell anyone that was doing n acrylic pour that they weren’t making art, not if I wanted to stay neat.

Precursor to Barbie

MidJourney, iColorama

This is a straight-up /blend in MidJourney. For those unfamiliar, blend takes as input 1-5 images. No additional prompt is allowed. This was my picture of a DeSoto from a couple of weeks ago combined with a snap of a display doll of my wife’s that has shown up here a few times.

IMG_8594.jpeg

Precursor to Barbie

MidJourney, iColorama

This is a straight-up /blend in MidJourney. For those unfamiliar, blend takes as input 1-5 images. No additional prompt is allowed. This was my picture of a DeSoto from a couple of weeks ago combined with a snap of a display doll of my wife’s that has shown up here a few times.

View attachment 194245
That sounds as addicting as FotoDa.

That sounds as addicting as FotoDa.
It can be, in a different way. FotoDa is overlaying one of your images on another; MidJourney is recombining parts of each image and rebuilding them to give you something unexpected. Here’s a blend of a selfie portrait with Sunday’s abstract - it fits a variation of the portrait into a background that resembles the abstract.

IMG_0740.jpeg

So cute :inlove: Now you just have to AI generate some text too, and you have the perfect children's book:geek:
There are a lot of people that are trying to do that, but it’s currently impossible to create consistent characters in MidJourney. The next try would bring me a brown mouse, or one with a different hat, no backpack, shoes, etc.

There are a lot of people that are trying to do that, but it’s currently impossible to create consistent characters in MidJourney. The next try would bring me a brown mouse, or one with a different hat, no backpack, shoes, etc.
Perhaps a book about a mouse struggling with its identity…… :D

Back
Top Bottom