MobiColour MC #283 Theme MACRO

PXL_20220608_175952593~2.jpg

Alien landscapes - or maybe it's just a flower (no edit native camera)

There is the other option of using zoom to shoot macro.
View attachment 181503
View attachment 181504

My apple (fruit ;) ) no longer looks very appetising though.
The zoom is good and the quality better than I get with a macro lens but the magnification isn't doing it for me.
Red spider mite on a rusty nail on the compost bin.
IMG_20220609_185306-01.jpeg

Same mite with 5 or 6X zoom. There's that loss of quality I mentioned but never mind that... Look at the size of it.
IMG_20220609_185244_002-02.jpeg

My biggest problem with macro is its all flowers and insects, great if you like close up's of flowers and insects :lol:
I decided on this challenge because the other day I was looking for something in the challenges and out of curiosity I went back to the beginning. I discovered we had a macro theme each week called Midweek Macro Madness. Some of the themes each week were Glass, Texture, Food, Something Blue, Love. This is back in 2012 by the way and I wondered what we could produce these days. Here’s some examples:

91385DE0-D47E-435F-9340-EF3D83A3B21C.jpeg

I’ve often questioned the effectiveness of using the macro mode in Camera+. I think it’s quite difficult to get the correct focused distance. Here are two images. The first is Camera+ Macro and the second is the native camera with x2 zoom. Both have been cropped to about the same size. There’s not much in it but I think the zoomed wins by a hair. Generally I get a better focused image if I use zoom rather than the macro mode.

B9DEE273-84BE-4F8B-AFF4-C643E6676AB7.jpeg

2A91E883-03C8-4065-B71D-955973B3FFD9.jpeg

I’ve often questioned the effectiveness of using the macro mode in Camera+. I think it’s quite difficult to get the correct focused distance. Here are two images. The first is Camera+ Macro and the second is the native camera with x2 zoom. Both have been cropped to about the same size. There’s not much in it but I think the zoomed wins by a hair. Generally I get a better focused image if I use zoom rather than the macro mode.

View attachment 181588
View attachment 181589
I agree they’re pretty close

This is something I never get. How can a app take a better image than the native camera when you are using the same basic hardware, lens etc?

I’m waiting for that answer too
I’m interested in Ann’s answer, too. She is far more tech savvy than me, but I get better results from Camera+, too.

View attachment 181588
View attachment 181589
I agree. When I look at the two images expanded here on MobiTog on my iPad, the Camera+ image looks soft compared to the zoomed image, as if it didn't quite catch focus. At normal viewing size in the post, the two are closer.

Back
Top Bottom