MobiColour MC #283 Theme MACRO

This is something I never get. How can a app take a better image than the native camera when you are using the same basic hardware, lens etc?
Just a guess because I've only dabbled in programming and even that was ages ago... There's so much software processing involved in capturing smartphone camera images that it leaves the door open for app developers to do things differently. They might

* Create new processing tricks to use on the raw capture from the camera, possibly coming up with something better than the native iOS or Android processing chain. The current rage for AI or ML anything would be an example.

* Make different decisions in using the options of the built-in processing chain. (Example, the native iOS app is often accused of either oversharpening or overly heavy noise reduction or both. Depending on what the programming hooks give them access to, devs can alter that processing.)

Jug handle
98060630-06BD-4929-A06D-52866EE84824.jpeg

Photos, Gloomlogue

It cant, but, macro on camera + beats zoom most times when im using the stabiliser option with macro mode. This is obviously down to iser error and movement but i do get a lot more success this way.
I’ll have to try using the stabiliser.

I get anal about dust in the kb. Very hard to clean, btw. I recently changed offices and currently spend ten mins or so every day cleaning the inherited kb with water-based wipes and a flat knife.
I thought our remote was pretty clean looking at it with the naked eye!

An insecty thing, as predicted by John.
Ladybird pupa.
5x zoom
IMG_20220612_094117.jpg

12x macro and 2x zoom.
IMG_20220612_113004.jpg

Although I like a bit of macro I'm not keen on the very narrow depth of field it gives. Perhaps I need a better macro lens. Do those of you with moment macros get a bigger dof?

Perhaps I need a better macro lens. Do those of you with moment macros get a bigger dof?
No, the Moment macro is the same. There are a few macro add-ons around that advertise themselves as long-range macros, meaning you can be a bit further away, and I've wondered if those would also have a bigger depth of field. I've tried focus stacking as an alternative, and it sort of works but only within the range of focus allowed by the lens, and it needs a tripod.

Back
Top Bottom