MobiColour MobiColour 264 17 - 24 January Mannequins, dummies and dolls

O
K

Some GREAT pictures again this week. I knew we were a forum of mannequin fans, just thought I'd add dolls in there to broaden it out.
I had suspected a certain guy from down under might run away with this one........but I didn't reckon with this killer shot,

1st goes to Leslie lkbside with baby on board
1643216567371.png

fabulous colours and just the right amount of creepiness. Why is the doll there, is it a Chucky/Christine/Anabelle hybrid? Who knows, but I'm not having a lift in THAT CAR!!

2nd goes to Kevin Geek1956 with Stand by Me.
1643216837488.png

Fantastic how the girl mirrors the mannequin. Chance, good timing who knows, but a great shot non the less.

3rd goes to Jeffrey's dscheff sweet dreams
1643217059644.png

Who doesn't like creepy looking dolls heads wrapped in plastic, like some evil doll morgue........

But honestly I liked A LOT of the images this week. HM's to rizole with Maude, because I want to marry her, she's beautiful. JillyG who maybe out creeped everyone with a chilling edit she called aptly 'Scary Stuff'. deepop for his cone headed mannequins that were truly unique.
I could go on but lets draw a line under this weeks creepfest :eek:

Over to you Leslie lkbside theme or no theme?

O
K

Some GREAT pictures again this week. I knew we were a forum of mannequin fans, just thought I'd add dolls in there to broaden it out.
I had suspected a certain guy from down under might run away with this one........but I didn't reckon with this killer shot,

View attachment 175949
fabulous colours and just the right amount of creepiness. Why is the doll there, is it a Chucky/Christine/Anabelle hybrid? Who knows, but I'm not having a lift in THAT CAR!!

View attachment 175951
Fantastic how the girl mirrors the mannequin. Chance, good timing who knows, but a great shot non the less.

View attachment 175952
Who doesn't like creepy looking dolls heads wrapped in plastic, like some evil doll morgue........

But honestly I liked A LOT of the images this week. HM's to rizole with Maude, because I want to marry her, she's beautiful. JillyG who maybe out creeped everyone with a chilling edit she called aptly 'Scary Stuff'. deepop for his cone headed mannequins that were truly unique.

Well done, Leslie, difficult to compete against that! And congrats Kevin and Riz too, loved those too although so hate scary movies. Only know about them because I often watch Goggle Box to get some tips on what to watch and it kills time. :whistle:

O
K

View attachment 175949

View attachment 175951

View attachment 175952

Gongrats lkbside, Geek1956 and dscheff. Nice one :).
Maude, because I want to marry her, she's beautiful
She's too aloof for the likes of you John :(

O
K

View attachment 175949

View attachment 175951

View attachment 175952

Sad it's over. But fantastic! Thank you :thumbs: Congratulations to lkbside and deepop and all the others who submitted images. Boy this one really brought out some of the creepy things we see, didn't it?

O
K

View attachment 175949

View attachment 175951

View attachment 175952

Well done John, that must have tested the old brainbox! :lol:Congratulations lkbside Leslie - baby, you can drive my car (I’m singing that now) - fabulous catch. Great work Geek1956 Kevin and dscheff It was a really great theme and brought out some fantastic images - also some very creepy ones.:thumbs:

Just looking through these again after looking at Geek1956's post today on his 365. There are no black mannequins or any mannequins of any ethnic background. True there are a few black dolls but no mannequins.

I'm sure there are some somewhere and there was the black torso which had deepop's bikini on, but being a torso is kind of weird, or am I looking at that too deeply?

Society never seems to change that much, no matter how much the media tells us it is. I'm on a quest to find a black mannequin now!
Oh and maybe a black photographer on MobiTog too (correct me if I'm wrong), but that's another conversation to be had :thumbs:

Just looking through these again after looking at Geek1956's post today on his 365. There are no black mannequins or any mannequins of any ethnic background. True there are a few black dolls but no mannequins.

I'm sure there are some somewhere and there was the black torso which had deepop's bikini on, but being a torso is kind of weird, or am I looking at that too deeply?

Society never seems to change that much, no matter how much the media tells us it is. I'm on a quest to find a black mannequin now!
Oh and maybe a black photographer on MobiTog too (correct me if I'm wrong), but that's another conversation to be had :thumbs:
I found a shop with some but the pics didn't work so I didn't post, but for the record...
IMG_20220122_151437.jpg

ociety never seems to change that much, no matter how much the media tells us it is.
Agreed but it does change. When I was at school I had a good friend who was (is) gay. Being closeted and coming out back then was a whole thing fraught with predjudice, shame, anxiety, the whole 9 yards. We still have prejudice, shame, yadda, yadda, yadda but we also have many progressive advances. Being out isn't the drama it used to be in the main, there are pride festivals all over and same sex marriage. It still doesn't change quick enough for me. Having two men dance together on Strictly was big news this year whilst there I was sitting bored by the whole thing wishing the world would catch up a little quicker.

Last edited:
And as I've posted the non-caucaisan dummy I'm going to have to have a moan about the shop they're in.
IMG_20220129_124929.jpg

Why isn't it called Anya Rose - Ladies Clothes? It makes me disproportionately cross every time I see it. I want to give the owner a piece of my mind. Bad owner! Don't do it again. :mad:

And as I've posted the non-caucaisan dummy I'm going to have to have a moan about the shop they're in.
View attachment 176102
Why isn't it called Anya Rose - Ladies Clothes? It makes me disproportionately cross every time I see it. I want to give the owner a piece of my mind. Bad owner! Don't do it again. :mad:
I can't really see these faces but they remind me that I've seen many black mannequins over the years, but they mostly seem to have Caucasian features.

Because it rhymes?
Because "Anya Rose - Ladies Clothing" doesn't. Anya Rose - Ladies Clothes isn't even that good a name but to chose "Clothing" over "Clothes" when your last name is Rose is the act of a barbarian. It's like cutting a cake without going through the centre, tearing the last page of a crime novel out or hanging your toilet roll on the toilet roll holder the wrong way round. The act of a mad man/woman.

Back
Top Bottom