Mobi365 MobiTog 365 Project - 2021 - Jan Gray’s Project

'

26th June - Monkey Puzzle Tree​

This was taken at Sewerby Hall gardens where there are several large Monkey Puzzle trees. Not one of my favourite trees but I was drawn to this because of the cones hanging off the branch. I never thought these trees had seed cones like these.
View attachment 168256
I love the name!!!!

27th June - Leading Lines plus dog!​

This line of stones are actually what is left of concert tank traps from the Second World War on Fraisthorpe beach near Bridlington. These blocks go virtually the length of the beach and are in a line along the middle of the beach when the tide is out.
72ABA8D1-1BBE-4115-939E-4291DBDB613A.jpeg

29th June - Monkey Puzzle High Key​

As the weather was terrible today, decided to do some post processing work on yesterday’s image. Using a combination of apps including Affinity and BeCasso I tried to create a high key effect which highlighted the texture of the gentle petals to fading out at the edges to give an infinity feel.
1BA0A47F-E5E8-47CC-A173-1C9D3CA8A22B.jpeg

As the weather was terrible today, decided to do some post processing work on yesterday’s image. Using a combination of apps including Affinity and BeCasso I tried to create a high key effect which highlighted the texture of the gentle petals to fading out at the edges to give an infinity feel.
View attachment 168330
Good one Jan. Desaturate it and I’d love it in the B&W Challenge. :D

View attachment 168330
Nominated for June Image of the Month

30th June - Dog Rose​

I love the old hedgerow rose with its’ delicate petals of white with a hint of pink and bold yellow stamens in the middle wind themselves through the bushes. Although the garden hybrid roses are lovely, this is my favourite.
A0CE0ACA-D6B6-429B-9592-CAEA639E992A.jpeg

1st July - Summer Woodland​

Our usual walk in the woods changes every day at this time of the year. With the sun changing as the leaves of the canopy get thicker and thicker. Izzy is showing how tall they are.
0F6262DC-93C2-465B-8DEE-0AA0BAF6A1AC.jpeg

2nd July - Stumpery​

This is my garden project for the year. I have a very shady area with ivy covered conifer trees that provide the shade, but it means nothing much can grow underneath. A neighbour was getting rid of a load of dead wood which was perfect. Now surrounded with ferns and hostas.
8C3B6FF8-7BD0-40E6-9B60-1A6CC63140C1.jpeg

3rd July - Almost Ready​

The cherries are almost ripe and looking lovely. The only problem is that by the time they are ready to pick, the blackbirds have got them! Last year, I think we ended up last year with about a dozen to eat!
6BA41F12-0498-4B16-97F8-A26410FCF773.jpeg

4th July - Wheat Field​

On today’s walk with the dogs we went past this lovely wheat field. Last year the same field was almost barren due to the hot weather we experienced. This year the farmer will be rewarded with a good crop, although we are stuck with the rain!
F2BF6BB5-F081-4D48-8ECF-ECD9CE041C23.jpeg

8th July - Playful Izzy​

Took the dogs for a walk in Melton Country park today for a change and the dogs love the agility play park in the middle of the country park. Caught Izzy charging down this slide. Not the best of images as it was raining and very dark.
ED7FAEAF-C3FD-4528-A97C-4AA12308A022.jpeg

11th July - Campanula​

I love the colour of the wild Campanula or bell flower. Just before I took the shot a beautiful bee was right inside gathering the pollen, but sadly, it flew off before I as ready for the shot.
8BF8A094-ACCB-4E49-8066-CB2EEA08FA89.jpeg

11th July - Campanula​

I love the colour of the wild Campanula or bell flower. Just before I took the shot a beautiful bee was right inside gathering the pollen, but sadly, it flew off before I as ready for the shot.
View attachment 168811
I love Campanula. There's a tiny waterfall in our backyard, and the campanula grow all around it and hang off the edge.

12th July - Wild Sweet Pea​

Spotted this amongst some brambles and ivy poking out. Love the purple flowers against the green. Doesn’t have the perfume as strong as the garden varieties but still quite a delicate scent.
A37EC27E-4AC4-42F8-8988-3D4B7178C984.jpeg

13th July - Meadowsweet​

This stunning shrub can be seen at its’ best along the Canal at the moment. It has a very heady perfume which you can smell quite a distance from it. There plenty of pollinators visiting including several little beetles that have hidden themselves under the petals.
FE3362B4-E0BB-4840-A2ED-02F5D9A4890E.jpeg

14th July - Bee Fly on Thistle​

The Thistles are very prevalent this year along the canal side as are being well visited by the local pollinators Although not perfectly in shot, I managed to capture its’ large eye and proboscis probing for the pollen.
B41189A8-0A6B-4337-8C89-494B71E26060.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom