Mobitog Health Thread

120373327_190412779264746_1269601902132348451_n.jpg

This made me smile, probably only relevant to Brits though.

I wouldn't say I love the guy but he gives me good memories from the 80's (and for me the 80's were a nightmare).
Watched a video of him doing the Foo Fighters Everlong during lockdown recently, did a good job as well.

Do you know how the Rick-rolling thing came about?

I still don’t get it. That says what and when and how but not why, or what it’s supposed to mean. Ie if you click on a link expecting one thing but instead get Astley and Never Going to Give You Up — does that mean anything other than you clicked on a link and it didn’t go where you expected it to go? Like, wow. Like, I seriously got Rick-rolled. What a prank :feet:

I still don’t get it. That says what and when and how but not why, or what it’s supposed to mean. Ie if you click on a link expecting one thing but instead get Astley and Never Going to Give You Up — does that mean anything other than you clicked on a link and it didn’t go where you expected it to go? Like, wow. Like, I seriously got Rick-rolled. What a prank :feet:
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be some deeper hidden meaning Jen, it's just a bit of fun :rolleyes:

Largest study on contract tracing ever finds 71% of people infected did not pass on covid to anyone. 8% of the remaining 29% are responsible for 60% of subsequent covid infections.
Being in a small space with someone who is infected for prolonged time seems to be the way it's largely transmitted. Brief contact greatly reduces the chances of infections.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be some deeper hidden meaning Jen, it's just a bit of fun :rolleyes:
Im not so daft as to look for deeper meaning in a cohort that finds Rick-rolling hilarious. A bit of superficial meaning would do. A shift one micronanometer to the right of completely effing gormless. Even planking on FB, probably the first ‘viral’ internet thing I knew of, had some vague link to something that made some kind of sense.

Largest study on contract tracing ever finds 71% of people infected did not pass on covid to anyone. 8% of the remaining 29% are responsible for 60% of subsequent covid infections.
Being in a small space with someone who is infected for prolonged time seems to be the way it's largely transmitted. Brief contact greatly reduces the chances of infections.

just on your summary this seems to make sense? Fits with the “particularly nasty no-herd-immunity -but-without-alien -super-powers-influenza” model?

I guess we’ll be seeing more & more longitudinal studies published over the next year or so. Nothing like some solid science. Are you reading anything about the Covid contact tracing app?

just on your summary this seems to make sense? Fits with the “particularly nasty no-herd-immunity -but-without-alien -super-powers-influenza” model?

I guess we’ll be seeing more & more longitudinal studies published over the next year or so. Nothing like some solid science. Are you reading anything about the Covid contact tracing app?
The publishers were keen to point out that this is the biggest study of its kind in contact tracing of any disease ever but also it's only one study and it's findings need to be replicated elsewhere to gain confidence in them. They also said that there's already tons of data out there already because of track and trace, it just needs people to start bringing it all together.

Not looked into the app myself, no. Yourself?

With the disclaimer of ‘one of world‘s most isolated cities’ + ’low density population’ = ‘poor global ‘street smarts’ - also afaict- here the app is an expensive non-event. Very little access by govt for purposes of tracing contacts of diagnosed people (not that we have many diagnoses). But there’s no mainstream reporting of the app having a role in containment - or any mention of it In any other sense. Occasional flurry of conversation about the govt’s inconsistent position. A bit of talk about the app’s low hit rate of pings - at least in the Bluetooth (?) version. (I think to guarantee the ping two people have to be close enough to transmit the bug :lmao: )

younger Juliana is on the more populated side of the country - and as a medical doctor likely to have more authoritative information. What’s the word on the app, Juliana?

More information here. It's to do with the K rate and it's likely that for every infection cluster event, there are several more that just fizzle out to nothing.

Im not so daft as to look for deeper meaning in a cohort that finds Rick-rolling hilarious. A bit of superficial meaning would do. A shift one micronanometer to the right of completely effing gormless. Even planking on FB, probably the first ‘viral’ internet thing I knew of, had some vague link to something that made some kind of sense.
Duly noted.

With the disclaimer of ‘one of world‘s most isolated cities’ + ’low density population’ = ‘poor global ‘street smarts’ - also afaict- here the app is an expensive non-event. Very little access by govt for purposes of tracing contacts of diagnosed people (not that we have many diagnoses). But there’s no mainstream reporting of the app having a role in containment - or any mention of it In any other sense. Occasional flurry of conversation about the govt’s inconsistent position. A bit of talk about the app’s low hit rate of pings - at least in the Bluetooth (?) version. (I think to guarantee the ping two people have to be close enough to transmit the bug :lmao: )

younger Juliana is on the more populated side of the country - and as a medical doctor likely to have more authoritative information. What’s the word on the app, Juliana?
Exactly the same as on your side. Plus, we need to keep it running and have the phone unlocked, so if you’re working all day you’re likely to come home without any battery left. So not very popular, I’m afraid

So I bumped into a friend at the golf club and we had coffee on Friday although we sat miles apart. She phoned me on Saturday night to say her Mom had just been admitted to hospital with Covid.

So my DH and I agonised for hours about what we should do. We ended up cancelling all our commitments and so far no sign of Covid for us or my friend. In terms of government procedures we don’t have to self-isolate but quite a few of our friends are vulnerable so it’s just not worth it. The two of us have gone for walks in the woods but that’s it. It‘s so wearing.

Back
Top Bottom