Mobitog Health Thread

I just read that the Medical powers that be are thinking it would be good to mix the vaccines…the studies so far show that J & J folks should get Pfizer or Moderna for their booster shot. I think I’m going to check into getting a Pfizer booster since I got Moderna last time. Although….two grandkids who got the Pfizer vaccines both got Covid after they were fully vaccinated. I was directly exposed to one of those kids for an hour and hugged and kissed him goodbye. We kiss on the cheeks, but without masks, so we were close enough to swap germs…I didn’t get Covid from him and I suspect my Moderna vaccine might have been responsible for my continued good health. Actually…I’m going to do exactly what I did before…show up to get the jab and trust Source to put in place the one that is best for my continued good health.
The booster shot seems to have stalled somewhat in the UK, but yeah turn up and see what you get seems the only sensible thing.

I just read that the Medical powers that be are thinking it would be good to mix the vaccines…the studies so far show that J & J folks should get Pfizer or Moderna for their booster shot. I think I’m going to check into getting a Pfizer booster since I got Moderna last time. Although….two grandkids who got the Pfizer vaccines both got Covid after they were fully vaccinated. I was directly exposed to one of those kids for an hour and hugged and kissed him goodbye. We kiss on the cheeks, but without masks, so we were close enough to swap germs…I didn’t get Covid from him and I suspect my Moderna vaccine might have been responsible for my continued good health. Actually…I’m going to do exactly what I did before…show up to get the jab and trust Source to put in place the one that is best for my continued good health.
Apparently Moderna seems to be the most effective of them all and they are now realising that J&J should be a 2-dose vaccine too.

The recommendation here is to mix types of vaccines, i.e., viral particles like AZ and mRNA for the booster, which seems to be more effective than 3 doses of an mRNA (whichever brand) or 3 doses of viral particles or 2 doses of mRNA followed by viral particles.

But… next week it might be something different so just take and do what’s available/possible :lol:

Is it just me?
Everyone online keeps asking after my health and hoping I'm okay and that my family is okay.
It doesn't happen here on Mobitog that I've noticed but most emails I've since covid, even from people I don't have a relationship with, hope I'm okay.
It's happened tonight with someone on facebook I've never exchanged words with before.
Clipboard01.jpg

Is it just me? I never ask after someone's physical, emotional or mental health unless I actually give a damn about them. Especially in a work context where in order to get X done I need person Y to do Z.
I'm aware my neuro-divergent traits mean I should try to better emulate actual human interactions as a way of trying to blend in as normal but ffs!!!
Is it just me?

Is it just me?
Everyone online keeps asking after my health and hoping I'm okay and that my family is okay.
It doesn't happen here on Mobitog that I've noticed but most emails I've since covid, even from people I don't have a relationship with, hope I'm okay.
It's happened tonight with someone on facebook I've never exchanged words with before.
View attachment 173482

Is it just me? I never ask after someone's physical, emotional or mental health unless I actually give a damn about them. Especially in a work context where in order to get X done I need person Y to do Z.
I'm aware my neuro-divergent traits mean I should try to better emulate actual human interactions as a way of trying to blend in as normal but ffs!!!
Is it just me?
maybe the person is doing one of those high-octane personal growth courses which encourage you to practise random acts of kindness, compassion and/or generosity.

Is it just me?
View attachment 173482

Is it just me?
I think its just one of those 'social media' traits that frequent flyers adopt. One or two people use it out of genuine concern and then everybody decides to emulate it. Its like putting 'stay safe' on the end of every conversation or changing your avatar to a selfie with a mask on. Its not to say that people don't care, but Facebook users are especially prone to herd behaviour, one makes a duck face in a photo or some other meme and then it becomes the norm. Its like on Youtube, with all the open mouthed expressions of mock surprise and shock designed to click bait you in to watch a pointless video about boiling an egg. Or maybe im just being cynical?

So true I'm always a hair away from deleting my account. Didn't someone say 'Facebook is people you know talking about things you're not interested in'.
I've just deleted mine. Not that I ever posted, but seeing Zuckerbergs latest attempt to secure public attention and change it to 'Meta', I knew it was time to get my coat.

Is it just me?
View attachment 173482

Is it just me?
I‘m not on FB much, and Instagram isn’t a very chatting social media, but I have a long standing distaste (even prior to covid) for folks who walk past me saying “Hi, how are you?“ and then just keep walking. Why did you ask?

And while I’m at it…..Have a nice day. I always want to reply with “No, I won’t and you can’t make me!”.

maybe the person is doing one of those high-octane personal growth courses which encourage you to practise random acts of kindness, compassion and/or generosity.
Is that what that is? Personal growth? And I thought it was a “How to alienate and annoy your friends and family” course. :rolleyes:

Is it just me?
Maybe, but probably not.

I'm not sure railing against random acts of kindness is a good thing. Remember its been a tough two years for a lot of people and not everyone is as emotionally solid as you rizole.
If you are saying its insincere, or herd behaviour as WOTANICUS implies, then does it really matter? At least people are making the effort to reach out, that has to be a good thing right?

How are you anyway? ;)

I got my booster shot today. I hardly noticed it. My best friend and his girlfriend got Covid about two weeks ago. They both had all three shots, so it was more like a mild flu than anything for them. They both recovered quickly and are back to work. In fact they didn't even have to postpone their wedding which is this Saturday.

So while I have been swanning around SA having a good time, my poor DH has had a bad bout of Covid. I’m sort of torn. Glad I missed the opportunity to possibly get it but feeling really sorry for him being there on his own. Apparently he is running out of the basics although a friend has offered to bring some food around. Poor thing.

So while I have been swanning around SA having a good time, my poor DH has had a bad bout of Covid. I’m sort of torn. Glad I missed the opportunity to possibly get it but feeling really sorry for him being there on his own. Apparently he is running out of the basics although a friend has offered to bring some food around. Poor thing.
Here’s hoping for a short recovery period.

He’s had it for almost a week already so he’s on the mend thank goodness. But he only tested positive when he was really bad!
That’s a bit scary! He’s not the only one I’ve heard of who didn’t test positive until we’ll into being sick. The virus must be mutating again or something.

To be fair he's not changing the name of Facebook, just the parent company name. But anyway you look it it, it's had its day.
Deleted my Facebook account over a year ago and don’t miss it at all….am seriously thinking about dumping Instagram as well. It has suffered under Zuckerberg’s ownership and is not the same anymore.

Deleted my Facebook account over a year ago and don’t miss it at all….am seriously thinking about dumping Instagram as well. It has suffered under Zuckerberg’s ownership and is not the same anymore.
For me at least, Instagram is still worth the effort, lots of photographic inspiration on there. Its all about who you follow.

There is definitely plenty of inspiration on IG. But I no longer feel any need to post my own photos. I’m more of a photographic voyeur these days. I scroll through, I just don’t post much.

Back
Top Bottom