Mobitog Health Thread

There is definitely plenty of inspiration on IG. But I no longer feel any need to post my own photos. I’m more of a photographic voyeur these days. I scroll through, I just don’t post much.
For me, Instagram is so much more than “photography”. I follow an amazing beekeeping-candle making family (have watched their family/homestead grow for over 6 years), a master gardener, small biz gorgeous handmade balms/lotions company… and then they’ll tag cool things and I’m lost for hours. It’s ridiculous. :rolleyes: :lol:

For me, Instagram is so much more than “photography”. I follow an amazing beekeeping-candle making family (have watched their family/homestead grow for over 6 years), a master gardener, small biz gorgeous handmade balms/lotions company… and then they’ll tag cool things and I’m lost for hours. It’s ridiculous. :rolleyes: :lol:
It’s a bit like I used to be with Pinterest until they added so many annoying ads I can’t bear it.

I'll have to go to the online version, the app's logarithm has now decreed I enjoy viewing photos of heavy plant construction techniques, massively overgrown attack dogs and heroically endowed brazilian gym-nymphs examining their phones in a mirror. Ho-hum.

I'll have to go to the online version, the app's logarithm has now decreed I enjoy viewing photos of heavy plant construction techniques, massively overgrown attack dogs and heroically endowed brazilian gym-nymphs examining their phones in a mirror. Ho-hum.
Yes, the algorithms are conditioning me NOT to click on things because I don't want them following me around for the next month. And with some of the things that pop up I think "What the hell did I do to deserve this?" :lmao:

Yes, the algorithms are conditioning me NOT to click on things because I don't want them following me around for the next month. And with some of the things that pop up I think "What the hell did I do to deserve this?" :lmao:
There is a setting which allows a good shake of the phone to register your displeasure at a post apparently. I'm damned if I can find it though.

Well…this IS the health thread so let me go back to this…my husband and I have remained Covid-free to the best of our knowledge. Our middle son’s three sons (all vaccinated) have all 3 had covid now (from school) and they are all in high school. His wife’s uncle living in Scotland, working as a nurse in a hospital in England caught Covid at work and dies a few weeks later. That was during the first round.
Our oldest son’s family did not vaccinate and they have all had covid. My son survived covid but two weeks later the resulting pneumonia almost killed him.
Our daughter just informed us that 3 people at her work have called in and have been diagnosed with a new variant of Covid and all 3 said they have never been so sick. But as far as I know, none of them have been hospitalized yet.
Bacterial pneumonia is making its rounds in the town where we live. We are not going into town for awhile.
I had a nasty something for 10 days that cleared up finally last week. Runny/stuffy nose, fever off-and-on, nausea from hell, a couple of days of diarrhea, sore throat, headache, migraine aura’s for two days which made the nausea worse. Out youngest son’s birthday was March 20th, he and his wife came over and our daughter came out with the twins. Three days later, DIL came down with it, the next day the birthday boy came down with it, and 2 days after that my daughter, the youngest twin and I all came down with it. The ildest twin came down with it a week later.
So…just as life looked like it was returning to something near normal….yikes! Oh…and my son and daughter both tested for covid and were negative throughout this nasty bit so I didn’t bother to test since we all came down with it so close after being together and I had not been anywhere else.
Fun stuff.

So true I'm always a hair away from deleting my account. Didn't someone say 'Facebook is people you know talking about things you're not interested in'.
I went through the crap to delete my Facebook account a couple of years ago now, kept my artsy one for business kind of stuff, but I don’t miss the time suck or the pointless crap I didn’t want to see. BUT…if you do decide to leave, make sure you record contact info for those people you can because I lost touch with a fee people I wish I could still contact.

I went through the crap to delete my Facebook account a couple of years ago now, kept my artsy one for business kind of stuff, but I don’t miss the time suck or the pointless crap I didn’t want to see. BUT…if you do decide to leave, make sure you record contact info for those people you can because I lost touch with a fee people I wish I could still contact.
Ryn we miss your art in our MobiColour challenge! Starzee keeps APPstract locked up and only lets it out in months with an R in them (or was it an L) but when it’s out again we’ll miss your art there, too. Come back!

I've removed FB from my phone, its something I can do without. I look at it on the computer a couple of times a week if that, not quite ready to delete it yet but its something I can definitely see going soon.

Bringing this thread back to health again. Had my latest Covid (4th) and Flu jabs this afternoon. Feeling fine at the moment, my body must be getting used to it now. One bout of Covid early this year, picked up from a close family member, luckily the vaccine made the illness a short one.

How's everyone else doing?

Bringing this thread back to health again. Had my latest Covid (4th) and Flu jabs this afternoon. Feeling fine at the moment, my body must be getting used to it now. One bout of Covid early this year, picked up from a close family member, luckily the vaccine made the illness a short one.

Extensive dental work starts for me on thursday. *sigh*

Currently sharing a room and role at work with someone whose depressed because of work and a lack of recognition an advancement at work. He is such a constant downer but is being treated for clinical depression so it's not like he can control it. I try and keep things light but suspect I often come across as glib and flippant.

Covid took me 10 or more weeks to get over. Nothing serious, just persistent, low level symptoms.

Just got a notice I can get the new bivalent shot plus an umpteenth reminder about getting this year's flu shot. Neither one of us has had the virus. Other than that, just a bit of ambulatory surgery by the dermatologist that's healing up nicely but gives me a slightly piratical look at the moment.

Currently sharing a room and role at work with someone whose depressed because of work and a lack of recognition an advancement at work. He is such a constant downer but is being treated for clinical depression so it's not like he can control it. I try and keep things light but suspect I often come across as glib and flippant.

Covid took me 10 or more weeks to get over. Nothing serious, just persistent, low level symptoms.
Oh, I feel for you regarding the dental work!! Sending you moral support across the pond. :inlove:

Ugh... nothing worse than sharing space with a negative person. I have empathy for your co-worker that he's dealing with depression, but I understand how that can take a toll on everyone around them. I for one think that sharing a work space with you would be immensely entertaining! :D

Just got a notice I can get the new bivalent shot plus an umpteenth reminder about getting this year's flu shot. Neither one of us has had the virus. Other than that, just a bit of ambulatory surgery by the dermatologist that's healing up nicely but gives me a slightly piratical look at the moment.
Oooooo... are you wearing an eye patch?? Do show us in a photo. ;) Glad you're healing well.

I got my obligatory shot + booster in order to keep my job, and have no intentions of getting any more. I've lived my entire life sans flu shots and (knock on wood) have not had the flu in decades. I'll continue to take my elderberry syrup, garlic capsules, colloidal silver, etc etc. :mobibabe: Nothing against people who opt for yearly flu shots, I know many who do, it's just not something I want to do.

The love emoji is for sending support. Sounds like rough sailing for a while. I personally will try my best at being humorous if not my hilarious in my comments here at Mobtog to help keep your spirits up. If I’m out of control please feel free to tell me to shut up. :D ( :hearteyes: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom