B&W RESULT: #01 Black & White Challenge

e3ab3be1d47510dde78f31c5b77b469f.jpg

Paddlers at Fairy Bower

Snapseed

It reminds me of a famous painting - Manet? Cezanne? I can't remember, but this is great. All of those people look like they're in their own little worlds. :thumbs:

Manet, right. Like this one ... http://www.hotel-r.net/im/hotel/fr/manet-8.jpg
Hehe ... that's actually Seurat, A Sunday Afternoon at La Grand Jatte. I love Seurat. There's a lot of sophistication behind pointillism. Wasn't just a bunch of dots, it was all about dots of complementary colours etc. Fascinating stuff.

Interesting. And you're right (if I can trust wikipedia the same way as I did it with Google image search) :)

Thank you, JillyG :)

I did some processing in the Snapseed app, although not much.

Let me just get to know you better and I will comment on all of the wonderful photos I saw in this thread :)

for now, I loved the details and the depth in sinnerjohn 's fly photo. The framing is wonderful Jasongag

Also, RoseCat I also think you should try to take another photo at the slower shutter speed, but I love the composition, it is really engaging with those leading lines :)

JillyG I liked the stamp, zoomed squares and the snowflakes as well, although I am not a huge fan of predesigned frames. I must say I do not have the Hipstamatic app yet, but your photo is really convincing me to get it ASAP. I love abstract photos!

Back
Top Bottom