B&W RESULT:#19 Black & White Challenge

A Wadsworth Moment. Snapseed. Walking behind these two silhouetted in front of me today reminded me of Chris Wadsworth's work. I didn't get the shot I was looking for but this is the best of the rest.View attachment 91950
That's a lovely 'best'. Love the sense of spaciousness and detail around the two figures. All those levels and layers of light, shade and form - like the so subtle awareness of trees, buildings, etc in the background, the wind of the road -- leaves me with a sense of these two in their own world, but still part of a much much bigger world. Very moody & beautiful.

Some really interesting stuff. I like his sense of play.
As I was pursuing his pics I was struck by how many pics of people there and wondered how he did it. Then I came across this and thought it worth sharing:
approach-rules-by-tony-ray-jones.jpg

Thanks for posting this: it had me going back to some of his 'only in England' images. What an eye, and the (as I see it) quite compassionate and humorous social commentary. And such a tragically short life.

I also like those scrawled 'top tips' notes from more than half a century ago - the likes of which appear these days 're-branded' (re-invented) and packaged in iphoneography 'courses'. Plus ca change.

Back
Top Bottom