B&W RESULT: #224 Black & White Challenge

Very strong Brit line up this week, rizole, WOTANICUS, ImageArt, NickLeon and wait.......no JillyG hmmm please see me after class young Jilly :rolleyes:
What has geography got to do with it you ask erm absolutely nothing :lmao:

This weeks winner from WOTANICUS got me from the moment it was posted. Others challenged it I have to admit but I kept going back to this one.
View attachment 176183Love the simple symmetry of the two halves. Its like the trees are having a good look at the, what I hope is a wooden structure, as if to see what they might become themselves one day. The bold white frame really works too. Dutch angled Death Star also tickled my fancy.

2nd is going to go to NickLeon with View from the coffee shop
View attachment 176184
Just love how the rather 70's art blends in to the coffee shop wall. on a quick glance it could seem like she's peering through a hatch in the wall, very alluring indeed. Again I very much liked the Glastonbury Fairy.

3rd and final placing this week goes to jpclicks (just in case you were thinking I'd gone Brit crazy) with Fence Line
View attachment 176185
A simple shot that just works. Love the focus and that could be anyplace where there are fields and fences. I've spent a while thinking what the sign says Please.......Your?

HM's to everyone else that posted as all the images had a certain something, well done.
Wow, great choices, John. Congrats WOTANICUS , NickLeon and jpclicks . Fabulous entries.

Very strong Brit line up this week, rizole, WOTANICUS, ImageArt, NickLeon and wait.......no JillyG hmmm please see me after class young Jilly :rolleyes:

This weeks winner from WOTANICUS got me from the moment it was posted. Others challenged it I have to admit but I kept going back to this one.
View attachment 176183Love the simple symmetry of the two halves. Its like the trees are having a good look at the, what I hope is a wooden structure, as if to see what they might become themselves one day. The bold white frame really works too. Dutch angled Death Star also tickled my fancy.

View attachment 176184
Just love how the rather 70's art blends in to the coffee shop wall. on a quick glance it could seem like she's peering through a hatch in the wall, very alluring indeed. Again I very much liked the Glastonbury Fairy.

3rd and final placing this week goes to jpclicks (just in case you were thinking I'd gone Brit crazy) with Fence Line
View attachment 176185
A simple shot that just works. Love the focus and that could be anyplace where there are fields and fences. I've spent a while thinking what the sign says Please.......Your?

HM's to everyone else that posted as all the images had a certain something, well done.
Wowski! Thank you John, not one of my favourite images that, but I am very grateful all the same. Congrats to Nickleon and nice to see newcomer Jpclicks getting some action. Very powerful lineup this time, so I am doubly surprised!

View attachment 176184

View attachment 176185

Thank you John. :oops: I was sure I’d put one in, but hey ho. There’s always the next challenge. :rolleyes: Super congratulations to WOTANICUS Bill - a wonderful image. I love the images of the tree tops from the ground, and this has the added bonus of a great shaped building too. Well done you for looking up.:notworthy: High fives to NickLeon Nick and jpclicks Jeff with two intriguing images. I too am left wondering what that sign says Jeff. Great work from everyone again this week. Keep up the good work. Right, I’m off to the Gallery with Bill’s fabulous image. See you there.

Wowski! Thank you John, not one of my favourite images that, but I am very grateful all the same. Congrats to Nickleon and nice to see newcomer Jpclicks getting some action. Very powerful lineup this time, so I am doubly surprised!
What John said. :D You'll get used to it after a while (and a few rounds of "What? No, not that one, this one!). Different people see different things in images.

View attachment 176184

View attachment 176185

Congrats to Bill, Nick, and Jeff :thumbs::notworthy:

Thanks for the honor sinnerjohn. Congrats to WOTANICUS and NickLeon. Great photos! And I'm happy to represent those of us across the pond.

Not sure what the sign says but we can speculate. "Please pick up your trash as you leave", "Please love your neighbor", "Please your significant other on a regular basis". (The sign was bigger than it looks).

Thanks for the honor sinnerjohn. Congrats to WOTANICUS and NickLeon. Great photos! And I'm happy to represent those of us across the pond.

Not sure what the sign says but we can speculate. "Please pick up your trash as you leave", "Please love your neighbor", "Please your significant other on a regular basis". (The sign was bigger than it looks).
Oh, we could have great fun with guessing.:lol:

View attachment 176184

View attachment 176185

Congrats WOTANICUS on the win. Well done NickLeon and jpclicks . :D

I finally had the time to read the full post. Thanks JillyG . Venomator and Smooth did a great job setting up the site. And it seems to me after hanging around for a month that the original goals are alive and well :)

“we are a community, first and foremost, simple."

“We are all addicted to the medium and we welcome everyone - no matter what their experience level is or where they are in the world."

"everyones opinions and views count and we all help one another further develop our ... abilities."

It also occurred to me that last October was 10 years. Was there a big celebration?

Kudos to all of you!
Thank you for your kind words Jeff, very nice of you to say… :notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom