B&W RESULT:#24 Black & White Challenge

Heathrow 5 :lol:

IMG_5590.JPG

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's not a massacre because I think that's what it looks like and such a great image. It amazes me, Gouvy, that you come out with such terrific images with your pod!

No problem, the secret is a) it is a 6pod, means like the 5phone before it has decent resolution (3264x2448px), b) when the macro is attached the pictures look always amazing, c) macro attached means your heartbeat makes a picture shiver, the tiniest move of your hand shows the object in the other corner of the picture – or out of. To get anything and maybe even a crisp one you need burst. In this case it's been 50+ shots and one or two were crisp enough, because I move to and fro to the object, because d) even your reading glasses on you can't really tell what's crisp or blurry, e) when I chose from the series I keep every picture that looks kinda sharp, because I given up to zoom the picture for picture, cause you can't do it with double tap like in camroll. So I just delete the obviously blurry ones with that choosing and maybe have the half of the series left. Sometimes just 20 of 100, anyway after that I check camroll and double tab each one. Good ones get a heart, bad ones deleted. And then of the still left ones only the crispest survive. So I may end up with just 2 from a set of 150.
The 5pod had no burst and far lower res, but the 6pod is good. But it seems it doesn't mean anything to apple. They rather want you buying an over expensive phone than the same thing with no phone but cheaper. Would love to have a pod that is an iphone7 with no sim and phone. Would do if the photos are as good. [emoji1] and using and old phone for the rest. [emoji23]

It was very very close among the top three, especially between the top two, but here's what I finally decided:

First: Sandra sdimbour Wonderful tones. So regular and symmetrical, it seems as though it should be overbalanced by the couple on the right, but it isn't. So dark, it seems as though it shouldn't also be bright and crisp, but it is.

img_5472-jpg.93937

Second: rizole Beautiful contrasts of the light and the dark, the jumbled stones and the stacked ones, the furriness of the stones and the sharp tracery of the tree, all arranged in three layers.

tmp_9980-20170512_200959-01-02-1621743660-jpeg.93712

Third: David deepop Beautiful tones and more contrasts: the vertical plane of the branches in the foreground with the horizontal plane of the field and clouds behind, the straight lines of the cultivated field with the random curves of nature all around.

enlight3-jpg.93690

And an Honorable Mention to our war correspondent GroovyGouvy for "Massacre".

It was very very close among the top three, especially between the top two, but here's what I finally decided:

First: Sandra sdimbour Wonderful tones. So regular and symmetrical, it seems as though it should be overbalanced by the couple on the right, but it isn't. So dark, it seems as though it shouldn't also be bright and crisp, but it is.

img_5472-jpg.93937

Second: rizole Beautiful contrasts of the light and the dark, the jumbled stones and the stacked ones, the furriness of the stones and the sharp tracery of the tree, all arranged in three layers.

Third: David deepop Beautiful tones and more contrasts: the vertical plane of the branches in the foreground with the horizontal plane of the field and clouds behind, the straight lines of the cultivated field with the random curves of nature all around.

enlight3-jpg.93690

Wonderful judging Ted. sdimbour Sandra is the black-and-white-image-with-people queen, as anyone who has visited her 365 will testify. She has an amazing eye for detail and perspective. rizole Rizole's lovely mossy boulders with tree is stunning, as is deepop David's ploughed field in the midst of all that wild nature. Well done GroovyGouvy Gouvy for the HM - a great insight into a world we don't often see. What a fabulous week! I will now take Sandra's fabulous image off to the Gallery.

It's great to read your thoughts/impressions re your top three choices. Congratulations to Sandra (whose photo has one more mystery - where's her selfie in the reflection? must be she positioned herself perfectly where the 2 doors meet), Rizole, and Gouvy. Thanks for the 3rd place. There were, as usual, a lot of wonderful images this week.

img_5472-jpg.93937

enlight3-jpg.93690

:notworthy:

img_5472-jpg.93937

enlight3-jpg.93690

Brilliant choices! I absolutely love all of these. :inlove: Congratulations sdimbour Sandra!! Well deserved! The same goes to rizole and deepop David...well done gentlemen. :D And if anyone deserves an HM it's definitely GroovyGouvy!! :thumbs:

img_5472-jpg.93937

enlight3-jpg.93690

Thanks Ted for making me a winner this week. Very honored [emoji4] and happy[emoji3] I'll be a spectator next week [emoji3] congratulations to the other winners Rizole, David Deepop and GroovyGouvy [emoji106] I'm improving watching your iMage.

Thanks as well for the congratulations messages !!!!

It's great to read your thoughts/impressions re your top three choices. Congratulations to Sandra (whose photo has one more mystery - where's her selfie in the reflection? must be she positioned herself perfectly where the 2 doors meet), Rizole, and Gouvy. Thanks for the 3rd place. There were, as usual, a lot of wonderful images this week.

Thanks Deepop [emoji4] and congratulation for the 3rd place this week[emoji106]
Didn't think about the reflection as the light wasn't that good that day. I stood just in front of the door !!!!

Back
Top Bottom