B&W RESULT:#40 Black & White Challenge

Everything under the sun

Snapseed.jpg

My fist-world aesthetic: I was struck with the juxtaposition: the excesses and the costs of rampant consumption/materialism. This guy is well known: you approach him at your peril, but like quite a few other people I know to gently place an offering of coffee or warm food at a respectful distance.

Thought I'd throw in an earlier B/W conversion for comparison, taken with my last phone- the SE,whose small size I like, but the screen has it.Can't definitely remember the process, took out some phone lines with Retouch,then probably Snapseed for B/W and some Glamour Glow.Got a bit of an addiction to GG...

IMG_7731 2.JPG

This is slightly different, but on my screen(MacBook Pro)looks B/W,also on iPhone screen-the pink one still looks B/W on the phone, but not on Computer

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 98785 Thought I'd throw in an earlier B/W conversion for comparison, taken with my last phone- the SE,whose small size I like, but the screen has it.Can't definitely remember the process, took out some phone lines with Retouch,then probably Snapseed for B/W and some Glamour Glow.Got a bit of an addiction to GG...
Great image Ken, but unfortunately not black and white for the purposes of this challenge. There's definitely a hint of pink in there. :rolleyes: Could you make it black and white and repost. Or put the new one in another post and we can add the words and delete the old image. :thumbs:

Great image Ken, but unfortunately not black and white for the purposes of this challenge. There's definitely a hint of pink in there. :rolleyes: Could you make it black and white and repost. Or put the new one in another post and we can add the words and delete the old image. :thumbs:
Yep,you're right, didn't notice,I'll sort and re-post...

Everything under the sun

View attachment 98756

My fist-world aesthetic: I was struck with the juxtaposition: the excesses and the costs of rampant consumption/materialism. This guy is well known: you approach him at your peril, but like quite a few other people I know to gently place an offering of coffee or warm food at a respectful distance.
Powerful juxtapositions there....

Like that, moody feel to it, slightly menacing, and that being a kid's ride too, interesting juxtaposition.How many times can we get that in tonight do you think-3 on this page now...

The Help section shows example reply box with line of symbols along the top, which I have-it also shows line of emojis along bottom, which I do not have-the bottom of the box is plain and outside it just the 3 post reply, upload etc...?
If you have the line of symbols along the top there is a smiley face, press that and the emoji's will magically appear along the bottom :cool:

Wonderful Ken. Fabulous lighting. Do you have a light box or special lights?
I only use available, natural light-have a shelf set up at right angles to window(only light source in room),so can adjust intensity by opening/closing curtains to varying degrees, and the velvet background stops unwanted reflections-glad you like...

Back
Top Bottom