B&W RESULT:#41 Black & White Challenge

Nice shot. Normally I'd be thinking "Straighten the fershlugginer verticals, John" but this time I like it. And what's that word before California on the shop sign? (I always read the signage in people's photos. Doesn't everybody?)
Thanks Ted, I'm not a fan of straightening, life is never straight, so my images aren't going to be :D

IMG_7077.JPG

Morris
Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands
Snapseed

I think I prefer this b/w version, though it's a close call. Somehow the surfaces of the car come out better here, and it looks so sleek.

I agree with Ted, that is the sleekest Morris Minor I have ever seen!
This version definitely makes her glow.... she was in completely FLAWLESS condition. Absolute beauty. :inlove:

I don't think that Ken will be back to judge the Black & White Challenge on Sunday, so I have decided to do it. I think that's best and I hope that's okay with everyone (PM me if not :lol:). I could have asked the runners up, but they've already started posting images to the new challenge and this way seemed the best. Unless I'm mistaken and Ken comes back of course, in which case ... .:whistle:

I don't think that Ken will be back to judge the Black & White Challenge on Sunday, so I have decided to do it. I think that's best and I hope that's okay with everyone (PM me if not :lol:). I could have asked the runners up, but they've already started posting images to the new challenge and this way seemed the best. Unless I'm mistaken and Ken comes back of course, in which case ... .:whistle:
Well said Jilly and you are BW Boss after all ;)

Nice shot. Normally I'd be thinking "Straighten the fershlugginer verticals, John" but this time I like it. And what's that word before California on the shop sign? (I always read the signage in people's photos. Doesn't everybody?)
Course we do, dear

It's a real book with paper figures. If you look on the lower right you can see what may be the title "Welcome to Harlem."

Yes, I saw that, but out in the weather I supposed its raisin painted to look like a book and maybe even oversized. About 2 meters wide or so. It's just beautiful. [emoji177][emoji177]

Well, despite there not being lots of images to choose from, it's still been quite difficult. But I have finally chosen ... [a roll on the drums (stupid baker :lol:)] and the winner is ... sinnerjohn John with Love, reign o'er me - I love all of the angles, the sharpness and the perspective. A great image.
262C4CB2-A247-4B83-94BE-FEA132959E7B-5890-00000724EE0105AB.jpeg

Coming a very (very) close second is RoseCat Catherine with Morris. Another super sharp image with great editing. I love the modern monster parked next to the beautiful little Morris Minor.
FCF79552-3A67-4AC2-BBCD-1B6A38A6B56A-5890-000007269F4CF9EB.jpeg

In third place is tomklyn Thomas with “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about” Angela Schwindt. What a joyous image.
0943CD26-D8E3-4E34-9E67-4927C18E6B57-5890-000007275D43B49A.jpeg

Thank you to everyone who makes this challenge so interesting and entertaining. Instead of going to have a lie down after all that judging, I'll take John's wonderful underside of the pier off to the Gallery. :D

The new Black & White Challenge is up and running here.

Back
Top Bottom