B&W RESULT:#65 Black & White Challenge

2 for 1 bath & clothing wash
iPhone 8 Plus + Filmborn
IMG_0583.JPG

She wants to learn the guitar now
iPhone X + Filmborn
IMG_0481.JPG

The time has come, the Walrus said, to close the Black & White Challenge.:D Okay, I’m paraphrasing, but this Black & White Challenge is now closed. It is the unenviable task of sinnerjohn John to choose his absolute faves from these marvellous offerings. Over to you John.:thumbs:

Without further ado..... :D

Some fine work AGAIN this week. These b/w challenges are getting harder to judge each week.
Standout images for me this week were, in the order of posting,
Jeffery's pussy (can I say that before 9pm?)
Jilly's wonderful Mapplethorpe esque Tulip
Juliana's take on a grater
Ted's egret (stuffed or not)
Rizole's clockwork orange reading
Lynne's erm...cat in the window
Jilly again with that rather freaky eye
Rizole again with that tractor shot (not the upside down version)
Starzee's snow geese (are they really snow geese?) The Snow Goose 1971 full version on YouTube, from the Paul Gallico story, look it up. The copy isn't great but its a bleak but lovely story.
Leslie's lovely Lulu
Sandra's snowy scene
So I'm left with a difficult choice as I have 11 faves this week.
In 1st place Ted terse, beautiful image and who'd have thought a few years back you could have made this on a mobile phone.
e57e3860-9505-4cd3-a8ce-a6b08833b89c-jpeg.106455

2nd place Jilly JillyG and as much as I thought Ted's image edged it for technical detail, Jilly's wowed me with artistic flair. This I would happily hang on the wall.
39e7d4cc-5b0a-41ec-a9b9-754487f11893-jpeg.106439

3rd (and I never know whether to give third, no one wants to be third do they)
I do love Leslie's lkbside lovely Lulu, what a gorgeous portrait.
ea1e5db3-bdea-4e38-acc9-266b6650b7ee-jpeg.106660

Consider yourself HM'd if you were mentioned earlier. Another great week, sorry if you were't mentioned but its all about choices, keep on posting people :thumbs:

Some fine work AGAIN this week. These b/w challenges are getting harder to judge each week.
Starzee's snow geese (are they really snow geese?) The Snow Goose 1971 full version on YouTube, from the Paul Gallico story, look it up. The copy isn't great but its a bleak but lovely story.
Leslie's lovely Lulu
Sandra's snowy scene
In 1st place Ted terse, beautiful image and who'd have thought a few years back you could have made this on a mobile phone.

2nd place Jilly JillyG and as much as I thought Ted's image edged it for technical detail, Jilly's wowed me with artistic flair. This I would happily hang on the wall.

Consider yourself HM'd if you were mentioned earlier. Another great week, sorry if you were't mentioned but its all about choices, keep on posting people :thumbs:
A great bit of judging John. Congrats to Ted for that lovely egret image. A slap on the back to Leslie and the adorable Lulu.
And yay to me. Thank you John, I’m glad you liked the tulip. It was a wonderful week to be black and white. Me and Ted’s egret have a date in the Gallery, so that’s where I’m off to.

Leslie's lovely Lulu
Sandra's snowy scene

Excellent choices John! Congratulations to all :) Thank you for the mention too :thumbs:

Amazing sight. I get excited if I see >five birds in flight together. How big are they?

They are the same size as a Canada Goose, if that helps. Much larger than, say, a robin. They’re fun to watch. Not only do they travel in bands of thousands, but they don’t form a proper “v” when they fly. They seems like very disorganized Canada Geese. One day you’ll see a scene like the one I posted. The next day they’re gone. Poof!

They are the same size as a Canada Goose, if that helps. Much larger than, say, a robin. They’re fun to watch. Not only do they travel in bands of thousands, but they don’t form a proper “v” when they fly. They seems like very disorganized Canada Geese. One day you’ll see a scene like the one I posted. The next day they’re gone. Poof!
We get excited if we see ONE snow goose here! Lines and lines of birdwatchers just waiting for the flocks of Canadas and the White Fronted and the Pink Footed to take off just to see the snow goose.:D

That the wondrous thing about the world. Each area has it particular charm. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that when I’m looking at images from Paris, Frankfurt or sunsets in Florida!

Damn! Is there an illusrated version of the book or is that just a one-off item?

"This is Legba, a dark and dangerous spirit," said Mrs Gogol. She leaned closer and spoke out of the corner of her mouth. "Between you and me, he just a big black cockerel. But you know how it is."

"It pays to advertise," Nanny agreed. "This is Greebo. Between you and me, he's a fiend from hell."

"Well, he's a cat," said Mrs Gogol, generously. "It's only to be expected."​
That's just the book cover.
Josh Kirby did all the covers for the Discworld series for many years, at least that's what we got here in the UK:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=josh+kirby+discworld&t=ffsb&iax=images&ia=images

They seems like very disorganized Canada Geese.
:lol:

I’m surprised I’ve never seen a flock near me (we just have lots of Canadian geese), but maybe they don’t come this far south? Or maybe it’s because they’re elusive and I haven’t been in the right place at the right time.

:lol:

I’m surprised I’ve never seen a flock near me (we just have lots of Canadian geese), but maybe they don’t come this far south? Or maybe it’s because they’re elusive and I haven’t been in the right place at the right time.
I don't remember seeing the huge flocks of them when I was a kid. I don't know if they weren't around or if I just didn't live in their flyway.

Back
Top Bottom