IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
This is the place to celebrate and showcase all of your beautiful black and white images. This is a theme-free zone so, as long as it's black and white, just about anything and everything goes!

The Rules are simple:

1) All images must be taken and edited on a mobile device: a mobile phone, tablet, iPod or iPad.

2) All images must be simply black and white and all of those lovely shades of grey. Beware grunge edits which may add colour. If I notice an image that has a hint of colour I'll let you know so that you can change it and repost. Or I can delete it and you can repost; not a problem.

3) Any app(s) can be used in the making of your image, editing is permitted, but this must be done on a mobile device (see 1) above).

4) Please remember to add a title and a description of your image and what apps were used. We love to know how you did it.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 5th May. Judging will take place on Sunday 6th May.

This week's winner Lynne.Peterson Lynne will be our guest judge for the coming week.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for all MobiChallenges posted HERE.

Last edited:
Edible Flowers

1C4DD139-92BF-40DB-8727-8A911F92D527.jpeg

Let’s get this party started with some chocolate flowers.
Stackables and Enlight

This morning I worked on taking Hipsta pix for Vivian Maier week. Street shots are not my forte, but it was fun to try. I hung around clicking away in front of the Saint Francis Cathedral as parishioners arrived for the 10:00 service.

I was hoping for some little girls in frilly dresses, but then it occurred to me they might have been in Sunday School.

Hipsta - Watts, RockBW, Standard

4DC3E8BC-99FD-4557-90E4-B8EA9FE7408B.jpeg

This morning I worked on taking Hipsta pix for Vivian Maier week. Street shots are not my forte, but it was fun to try. I hung around clicking away in front of the Saint Francis Cathedral as parishioners arrived for the 10:00 service.

I was hoping for some little girls in frilly dresses, but then it occurred to me they might have been in Sunday School.

Hipsta - Watts, RockBW, Standard

View attachment 108855

View attachment 108857 Palace Avenue, Santa Fe
Hipsta: Hamilton, AOBW, TripleCrown

Two wonderful street shots. I like the way the two men seem to be ushering in that woman away from scary Leslie and her iPhone.:lol: Stop making so much noise Leslie, there’s a service in progress.:D Great composition on the wine shop image.:thumbs:

Two wonderful street shots. I like the way the two men seem to be ushering in that woman away from scary Leslie and her iPhone.:lol: Stop making so much noise Leslie, there’s a service in progress.:D Great composition on the wine shop image.:thumbs:

I think the men were trying to scoop up stragglers for the service - I wasn't as close as it appears as I had my 2x zoom on.

Sign of the cross

iPhone 3GS, H280 (John S, BlacKeys B+W) > Dropbox > Moto G5s, Snapseed, TouchRetouch.

(EDIT: purged some odd red tone from the twilight zone using Hypocam + reupload.)

2018-04-30 16.33.55-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Sign of the cross

iPhone 3GS, H280 (John S, BlacKeys B+W) > Dropbox > Moto G5s, Snapseed, TouchRetouch.

View attachment 108880
That’s a very atmospheric image Christer, but it seems to have a hint of colour to it. Would you make it black and white and repost. I wouldn’t want to lose it from the challenge on a technicality :D.

That’s a very atmospheric image Christer, but it seems to have a hint of colour to it. Would you make it black and white and repost. I wouldn’t want to lose it from the challenge on a technicality :D.

I saw it only now after reading your reply. Where the hell did that red'ish crap come from? Oh I know, the more you edit a pic and transfer it forwards and back again. :angry:

I'll see if I can purge it somehow.

EDIT: or maybe it's because I'm drinking red wine? :lol:

EDIT II: done.

Last edited:
I saw it only now after reading your reply. Where the hell did that red'ish crap come from? Oh I know, the more you edit a pic and transfer it forwards and back again. :angry:

I'll see if I can purge it somehow.

EDIT: or maybe it's because I'm drinking red wine? :lol:

EDIT II: done.
Brilliant. This happens frequently. It looks black and white until you post it and then colour appears. It’s not a problem though and you have fixed it beautifully. Thank you.:thumbs:

Taken with Hydra, processed on Snapseed
Unfortunately a bit grainy because I didn’t have any support for the phone besides my arms, and of course it was quite dark. But I really like full moons, even more so when there’s a reflection in the ocean :inlove:
F9605851-2ED4-467A-AA9F-41AD41C2C462.jpeg

Haha!!!! Reading your description and then looking back at the image totally made me LOL. :D

Back
Top Bottom