B&W RESULT:#81 Black & White Challenge

I was being cynical about the whole competition scene. I'd like nothing more than for Ted to sweep the board in anything he enters. Hopefully he may yet prove me wrong.
I think that image is a winner for sure. But I hear ya.... those competitions are soooooo subjective.

Home away from home...

035D316B-2676-4083-9576-133392ABA980.jpeg

Snapseed

@tomklyn Thomas has brought this week’s wonderful Black and White Challenge to a firey end. The Challenge is now Closed. It’s now up to Starzee to choose her favourites. Whenever you’re ready Star.:thumbs:

@tomklyn Thomas has brought this week’s wonderful Black and White Challenge to a firey end. The Challenge is now Closed. It’s now up to Starzee to choose her favourites. Whenever you’re ready Star.:thumbs:

I’ll have to go and get her, Jilly - she’s at the bar sobbing into her designer beer again (she does this every time she has to judge) :rolleyes: :D :mobibabe:

Does this happen to anyone else when they are judging? You’ve been following the thread everyday and you have a few favorites. Then its Sunday and time to choose so you spend 45 minutes to an hour really studying all the photos and suddenly you’re befuddled and have 12 (or 20) favorites. Now what? I asked a few folks who happened in, DH, my son, my friend Jeenee. Everyone picks a different favorite image.

Sigh.

So one last time through all the images and this is where my gut lead me. Honorable mentions in random order: SinnerJohn’s Flying and Flightless, Terse’s Curious and ImageArt’s Nature’s Mark.

The official judge for next week’s challenge will be Rizole. I love that Pigeon. The texture of the steps and the bird give it a lovely retro film look. I would hang that on my wall.
77CB570C-4DE7-4A50-9D06-70DA47085636.jpeg

Thanks, everyone, for your fantastic images this week.

Does this happen to anyone else when they are judging? You’ve been following the thread everyday and you have a few favorites. Then its Sunday and time to choose so you spend 45 minutes to an hour really studying all the photos and suddenly you’re befuddled and have 12 (or 20) favorites. Now what? I asked a few folks who happened in, DH, my son, my friend Jeenee. Everyone picks a different favorite image.

Sigh.

So one last time through all the images and this is where my gut lead me. Honorable mentions in random order: SinnerJohn’s Flying and Flightless, Terse’s Curious and ImageArt’s Nature’s Mark.

The official judge for next week’s challenge will be Rizole. I love that Pigeon. The texture of the steps and the bird give it a lovely retro film look. I would hang that on my wall.
View attachment 111080

:lol: Yes, you think you’ve got the winner all sewn up on Tuesday and then you look at them again and you’re befuddled. But you’ve done a great job in whittling it down to the one favourite. rizole Rizole’s lone pigeon on the steps is a great one. I loved the textures and composition and editing too. Well done Rizole. Hugs to sinnerjohn John, terse Ted and ImageArt Ann for their HMs. I love it when we make the judge’s life difficult! Let’s try that again this week shall we? Righty-ho, I’m going to leave a trail of breadcrumbs all the way down to the Gallery and I just know that Rizole’s pigeon will follow me there - it looks the sort.:D

Does this happen to anyone else when they are judging?
Not me. I find it really easy to go, yes, no, yes, yes,no and then order them in terms of gut reaction. It's then writing it all down for the wrap up and putting it into words that takes me time and effort. Often I know what I like but find it hard to say why. More visual than verbal I guess.

Thank you. I didn't see it as winning material so that's a surprise. :)

Congrats John, Ted and Anne.:thumbs:

No

and suddenly you’re befuddled and have 12 (or 20) favorites. Now what? I asked a few folks who happened in, DH, my son, my friend Jeenee. Everyone picks a different favorite image.

Sigh.

So one last time through all the images and this is where my gut lead me.

View attachment 111080

And you always come up with the goods - and always beautifully presented.

PS: I really like your story about having a pretty good idea, winding up as the Day approaches, consulting everyone and his dog, then coming back to your gut experience : )

Sigh.

View attachment 111080

Great choice. Well done, Rizole!

Back
Top Bottom