Image of the Month RESULT: AC #4

Bat Out Of Hell #3

image.jpeg

Right that's enough of BOOH. Bat drawn in Procreate, Text in Phonto and Layering in Juxta (for the eyes) and texturing in iColorama. I'm moving on to another in Gouvy's list.

You drew the bat yourself...............I'm really not worthy here !!!

You definitely are worthy John. I'm not as clever as you think (lol). It's so easy in Procreate. It gets around the old thorny issue of stock photos etc. You bring a photo into Procreate, create a layer, trace around the photo with an inking brush or something and use the various brushes to fill in the gaps with colour and put in the fur. At any time you want you can delete the base image and you're left with your drawing/painting. Procreate gives you a base layer and you can change the colour on this. Honestly, if I can do it, anybody can. Procreate is a great app.

You definitely are worthy John. I'm not as clever as you think (lol). It's so easy in Procreate. It gets around the old thorny issue of stock photos etc. You bring a photo into Procreate, create a layer, trace around the photo with an inking brush or something and use the various brushes to fill in the gaps with colour and put in the fur. At any time you want you can delete the base image and you're left with your drawing/painting. Procreate gives you a base layer and you can change the colour on this. Honestly, if I can do it, anybody can. Procreate is a great app.
an app I don't have. looking at it I may wait to see if it goes on offer !!:eek:

Honestly, if I can do it, anybody can. Procreate is a great app.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've opened it and thought *right* off you go, just start at the beginning..... And closed it again :(. I'm not making a point of spending some time with it - I want to learn everything in five minutes :alien:

Quick answer = No... :rog:

Sort of, with qualifications, see below... ;)

Our main raison d'être is based on being a Mobile Photography and Mobile Art Community that is built on its posted iMages being taken with and processed on a Mobile Device... However, if the Stock iMage is a mobile photograph taken within the spirit and intent of MobiTog's rules, then as long as due credit is given for the source, we should have not issue with that whatsoever... ;)

Sorry if I misled everyone. I will remember to ask a Staff Member next time. :oops:

Jilly I'm always glad when Rog pops in and clarifies/goes over the basics again. The standard of 'mobile only' is easy enough to understand and uphold, but as above there's always gray areas and/or technicalities, and its always helpful imo to re-iterate the 'spirit & intent' bits as well as the Roolz bits.

As one of the minority 'more art than photography' members here, I've gotten myself tangled up in the past with the 'bits of stock images' thing, and of course as a member of staff I want my own practice to be beyond reproach :mobibabe: :mobibabe: :mobibabe: It's worth the effort for me (and as John points out there is some effort involved, even if it's just getting your head around some stuff) bcs I value Mobitog's identity and history -- and i know we're only ever one or two 'relaxations of standards' away from becoming every other 'mainly iphoneography' community.

Btw I've discovered that morguefile.com has metadata on its stock photos :D Couple of others, I forget which. But morguefile is safe :) (And yes I know I can check the metadata in an app, but it's nice to see it upfront :appsir:).

As one of the minority 'more art than photography' members here
Actually I don't think you are in a minority at all, not here. I sometimes think I'm in the more photography than art minority here ;)
but we all post what we like and we all get on, so all is good. Not really sure if we've really got to the bottom of the 'stock' photo issue, but hey :cool:

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've opened it and thought *right* off you go, just start at the beginning..... And closed it again :(. I'm not making a point of spending some time with it - I want to learn everything in five minutes :alien:

It's worth the effort. If I were you I'd start by taking a simple photo into it, add a layer over it (Layers is top right) choose an inking brush from the Brushes menu in whatever colour takes your fancy and trace around the outline of your photo. On the left the sliders let you choose thickness and opacity. Two fingered tap on the screen deletes what you've done (keep tapping to take out lots of stuff). That's a start. I think, if you persevere, you'll be hooked. It's an amazing app.

Sounds exactly like me + Procreate.

You bring a photo into Procreate, create a layer, trace around the photo with an inking brush or something and use the various brushes to fill in the gaps with colour and put in the fur. At any time you want you can delete the base image and you're left with your drawing/painting. Procreate gives you a base layer and you can change the colour on this. Honestly, if I can do it, anybody can. Procreate is a great app.
I would never have thought to do that in a gajillion years. :notworthy: Way clever cool.

Sorry Venomator

Final question and short form:
[emoji117] Can't we have a poll, please? [emoji118]
I'm with Gouvy on this. I think photos posted to certain threads (appstracts,Wrecking Yard, Album covers) where creating "new"images is the goal should allow some use of stock images whose source (DSLR vs mobile device may be unknown).Re EOS my personal preference is to limit adds to photos on one has taken themselves.Pretty much all other posts should be on's own photos.

Well I've had a go at Kaleidoscope World and hated it. Drew a martini glass for some reason (Cocktail Hour?) didn't like that either. High crime doesn't speak to me. Sigh.
Damnit, I want to do Kaleidoscope World.

(I think I'd do better with specific lyrics. Though I probably wouldn't).

Well I've had a go at Kaleidoscope World and hated it. Drew a martini glass for some reason (Cocktail Hour?) didn't like that either. High crime doesn't speak to me. Sigh.
Damnit, I want to do Kaleidoscope World.

(I think I'd do better with specific lyrics. Though I probably wouldn't).

You know you can have more than one go at each. And just because you hated it doesn't mean we will (in fact, I very much doubt it). Post it and be damned! :D

View attachment 78657 I did another one. Still not quite what I wanted but I like it better than the martini glass :D And the Muse is staying away bcs I'm sposed to be learning what different curves mean for my exam on Tue. :confused:

Gorgeous colours and a wonderful interpretation. Sounds like physics or maths - "what different curves mean". Eeek [runs off and hides].

Gorgeous colours and a wonderful interpretation. Sounds like physics or maths - "what different curves mean". Eeek [runs off and hides].
It used to be called 'psychophysics' but it's nowhere near as complex as 'physics'. 'Psychometrics' . "Stats". Decidedly un-glamorous

View attachment 78657 I did another one. Still not quite what I wanted but I like it better than the martini glass :D And the Muse is staying away bcs I'm sposed to be learning what different curves mean for my exam on Tue. :confused:
I love it... especially those purple glow-y black-light-looking symbols in the bottom right.

Sounds like physics or maths - "what different curves mean". Eeek [runs off and hides].
<runs, grabs your arm and joins you in hiding place> [emoji33]

Back
Top Bottom