MobiColour RESULT: MC #10

This is so lovely Jen - serene and beautiful. The colours are gorgeous.

I can see this on a large canvas in my wealthy person's bedroom (the same colours are reflected in the decor) to the left of the wall made of glass which has a view of the sea (with a terrace obviously). This wealthy person's house has some awesome Mobi artwork :).
This sounds like my kinda "wealthy person's bedroom on the sea".... :D

Beautiful pieces this week, dear MobiColorists!! terse Ted's got quite a job choosing the winner.... :eek: This challenge is officially closed and evaluation has begun. :coffee:

This is so lovely Jen - serene and beautiful. The colours are gorgeous.

I can see this on a large canvas in my wealthy person's bedroom (the same colours are reflected in the decor) to the left of the wall made of glass which has a view of the sea (with a terrace obviously). This wealthy person's house has some awesome Mobi artwork :).

I'm starting to fall in love with be with your imagined house, Jilly. I look forward to the day you show us a few pictures of the feature walls complete with mobi art, views, chandeliers etc... (I envy your capacity to imagine and describe how this would look here or there, on this type of wall etc . . . Beautiful right/left brain integration :inlove:

Thank you for compliment of including my work :) And isn't it cool how & what we see in images? Christer likes that image and saw 'spooky' - you like it and saw 'serene' .

(Btw I near fainted when I saw Christer's comment, don't think he's liked one of my abstracts before. He has Very Clear Ideas about what constitutes Good Art -- I feel like I've had a blessing from the pope :D )

After looking at these from every angle (including, it feels like, upside down), I'm going to surrender and call it a tie for first place between these two:

deepop's "Gallery window" Like an Edward Hopper painting in its simplicity, muted colors, and sense of quiet that is not quite peaceful. The rectanglular lines, the off-center placement of the window, the angular light across the bottom, the reversed letters of the sign, the scene outside the window -- all work together beautifully.

zenjenny's "old picture" Muted colors with that lovely blue, simple flowing figures, again a sense of quiet that's not the same as peaceful, beautifully balanced, and the dark layered in between the figures and the bright light behind them like a barrier, as if expelled from some sort of Eden. (I should also add: Provokes flights of fancy.)

And because zenjenny was judge just a week ago, I'm going to pass the baton, er, staff of office to deepop to be judge for the next MobiColour.

Honorable mentions

lkbside's "Laser harp" (I hope you all realize this thing is an actual playable instrument!), Mo-Co's "Light and dark sunrise" (golden color and those sharp little birds on top of almost every pier), and zenjenny's "Making moons" (if a Wyrd Sister were making a moon with her hench-bats to help, it would look just like this).

Last edited:
Ooooh. This is interesting. Maybe that's what the inside of light looks like ;)

I hang around MobiTog partly for the pleasure of looking at the imagery, partly for the ditto of learning about how people *do* their art - and partly for the all-of-the-above of reading comments like that of yours. (Which, if I had to, I'd file under 'the occasional blinding glimpse into the mind of a true artist')

I'm starting to fall in love with be with your imagined house, Jilly. I look forward to the day you show us a few pictures of the feature walls complete with mobi art, views, chandeliers etc... (I envy your capacity to imagine and describe how this would look here or there, on this type of wall etc . . . Beautiful right/left brain integration :inlove:

Thank you for compliment of including my work :) And isn't it cool how & what we see in images? Christer likes that image and saw 'spooky' - you like it and saw 'serene' .

(Btw I near fainted when I saw Christer's comment, don't think he's liked one of my abstracts before. He has Very Clear Ideas about what constitutes Good Art -- I feel like I've had a blessing from the pope :D )

I noticed that Christer thought it was spooky, but I didn't see that at all. Yes, I think it's fascinating how visuals affect people in different ways. Christer obviously doesn't give praise lightly, so when he does ...

My wealthy person's house is awesome. Minimalist, but not sparse or uncomfortable. And what views! :).

After looking at these from every angle (including, it feels like, upside down), I'm going to surrender and call it a tie for first place between these two:

deepop's "Gallery window" Like an Edward Hopper painting in its simplicity, muted colors, and sense of quiet that is not quite peaceful. The rectanglular lines, the off-center placement of the window, the angular light across the bottom, the reversed letters of the sign, the scene outside the window -- all work together beautifully.

zenjenny's "old picture" Muted colors with that lovely blue, simple flowing figures, again a sense of quiet that's not the same as peaceful, beautifully balanced, and the dark layered in between the figures and the bright light behind them like a barrier, as if expelled from some sort of Eden. (I should also add: Provokes flights of fancy.)

And because zenjenny was judge just a week ago, I'm going to pass the baton, er, staff of office to deepop to be judge for the next MobiColour.

Honorable mentions

lkbside's "Laser harp" (I hope you all realize this thing is an actual playable instrument!), Mo-Co's "Light and dark sunrise" (golden color and those sharp little birds on top of almost every pier), and zenjenny's "Making moons" (if a Wyrd Sister were making a moon with her hench-bats to help, it would look just like this).
Congrats to zenjenny and Deepop and what a great description of these beautiful images, thanks for the honorable mention. Congrats to all! Good job Ted!

I noticed that Christer thought it was spooky, but I didn't see that at all. Yes, I think it's fascinating how visuals affect people in different ways. Christer obviously doesn't give praise lightly, so when he does ...

My wealthy person's house is awesome. Minimalist, but not sparse or uncomfortable. And what views! :).

In fact, I meant Eerie, but was so lazy I couldn't bother looking it up (for spelling) :lol:

After looking at these from every angle (including, it feels like, upside down), I'm going to surrender and call it a tie for first place between these two.

Sorry for late response - I'm allovertheplace with deadlines & a stressed/confused head. So nice to come here and just enjoy.

Thanks so much terse for lovely comments on my image - I'm always moved & a bit surprised (and also v chuffed) when someone 'sees' something in my image that I 'felt' when I was making it :inlove: And my image being joint first place with deepop David . . . Well :notworthy: :) :notworthy:. Made my week :) :inlove:

Great choices!!! Congratulations David and Jen!! :D :notworthy: :D
Well done Leslie and Morris!! :D

Now.... the question: Will there be a theme for the next challenge?? :sneaky: It's up to deepop and zenjenny to decide....

Definitely deepop 's call - you heard the man! :thumbs:

Cut off Saw. 5s, snapseed, native camera app.View attachment 75706

Meant to say, Morris, so glad you've contributed to the colour as well as the mono images challenge -- your mono twilight and welding shots (perfect combination!) knock my socks off - and you've shown in this thread you can do it in colour, too! Bravo :)

Oh wow.... this is STUNNING. :inlove: The colors... that blue!! :inlove: To me, it feels like a very modern "Madonna with Child".

:inlove: Thank you :inlove: I love the blue & grazes of chocolate brown (thank you Pixite Union Invert). I love thos elongated figures, too -- I traced the shape of the top half of a (pic of a) bronze statue that was exactly what I was after - the bottom half of the statue was massive hips & legs, very distinctive & beautiful and completely gloriously disproportionate. I've made a note to track down the sculptor - see if that kind of figure is a signature.

You have a unique feel for iColorama, Ann - no one else does what you do with it :) (and thanks so much for contributing while you're jet setting around the place!)

I agree. You are the Mobi iColorama Queen Ann. :thumbs:

Meant to say, Morris, so glad you've contributed to the colour as well as the mono images challenge -- your mono twilight and welding shots (perfect combination!) knock my socks off - and you've shown in this thread you can do it in colour, too! Bravo :)
Thank you Jenny for the nice comments. And I know what it is to be busy, I'm that way this week too.

Great choices!!! Congratulations David and Jen!! :D :notworthy: :D
Well done Leslie and Morris!! :D

Now.... the question: Will there be a theme for the next challenge?? :sneaky: It's up to deepop and zenjenny to decide....
I'm traveling with variable internet access. Since my mind's elsewhere and Jen sounds a little frazzled I'll say no theme (unless Jen has other thoughts )

Back
Top Bottom