MobiColour RESULT: MC #103 No Theme! - Jan 15-21, 2018

Back in the land of the living. For those who understand IT, we were hit by the ransomware CryptoLocker.

Fortunately we have in place some safeguards that made this experience relatively short lived: at least by the usual cryptoransomesunsofgunsIhopethey allgetcrabs measurement.

I shall be evaluating tonight and will post the results before I go to bed :)

Thank you all for your patience :thumbs:

Back in the land of the living. For those who understand IT, we were hit by the ransomware CryptoLocker.

Fortunately we have in place some safeguards that made this experience relatively short lived: at least by the usual cryptoransomesunsofgunsIhopethey allgetcrabs measurement.

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
Is that the one you need to pay for before they may or maybe not release it? Windows only or any browser, any platform? How to prevent this? [emoji15][emoji33]

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
Is that the one you need to pay for before they may or maybe not release it? Windows only or any browser, any platform? How to prevent this? [emoji15][emoji33]
Any platform but like any malware, windows is targeted more.
Tips for prevention:
Keep your system updated.
Don't click on links in suspicious emails.
Consider using an adblocker in your browser.
Most important: Make regular backups of data that has value to you. You can put it on a usb drive, CD or cloud storage. That way, if you are affected you can't lose anything if you don't pay the ramson.

Yikes! :eek:

All of the above done. I have a very robust firewall, Endpoint security on every device, and strong filtering on email. The human factor is the only thing we cannot contain. Last year I bought a NetworkSAN from a company called Reduxio: not cheap, but effective. Back up and running in 18 hours, as opposed to 10 to 12 days. We did not have to pay any ransom ;)
New issue last night was a missing 1.6TB folder of Police evidence video. Now there’s a heart stopping moment. I spent the night finding out what happened and restoring it... More to follow

All of the above done. I have a very robust firewall, Endpoint security on every device, and strong filtering on email. The human factor is the only thing we cannot contain. Last year I bought a NetworkSAN from a company called Reduxio: not cheap, but effective. Back up and running in 18 hours, as opposed to 10 to 12 days. We did not have to pay any ransom ;)
New issue last night was a missing 1.6TB folder of Police evidence video. Now there’s a heart stopping moment. I spent the night finding out what happened and restoring it... More to follow
Good for you. :thumbs:

What rizole and RoseCat said! And here I was patting myself on the back because I spent yesterday morning helping someone recover from a borked system upgrade. (Public service announcement: Don't do system upgrades when you have looming deadlines.)

What rizole and RoseCat said! And here I was patting myself on the back because I spent yesterday morning helping someone recover from a borked system upgrade. (Public service announcement: Don't do system upgrades when you have looming deadlines.)
Further to that...don't partition disks and try new operating systems drunk.

Wowza!

Here we go! Catherine very kindly sent me instructions to add quotes and inline doodads. To be honest I really had a hard time reading that: I think my eyeballs are full of artifacts at this point...

In first place I choose JillyG's Upside Down
JillyG.jpg

I also loved how the raindrops reflected the raindrops upside down. I hope you don't mind but I used this image as my desktop background this week.

For second place Deepop's Ice Flow
DeePop2.jpg

Third I choose Brian's A Lost Shoe In A Slushy Parking Lot
Brian.jpg

Honorable mention goes out to kmenglee for Red Lanterns
KmengLee.jpg

Kudos to all who entered. You're a fine group of artists, and it has been an honor and a pleasure to decide on some very fine work.

Again, my apologies for the delay.

Here we go! Catherine very kindly sent me instructions to add quotes and inline doodads. To be honest I really had a hard time reading that: I think my eyeballs are full of artifacts at this point...

View attachment 105323
I also loved how the raindrops reflected the raindrops upside down. I hope you don't mind but I used this image as my desktop background this week.

View attachment 105322

View attachment 105324

View attachment 105325

Kudos to all who entered. You're a fine group of artists, and it has been an honor and a pleasure to decide on some very fine work.

Heyyyyy! Congratulations dscheff for being back and for having the judging done. [emoji106]
Further congratulations to JillyG [emoji322] for 1st and kudos to all follow uppers and HMer. [emoji324][emoji324][emoji324]

View attachment 105323

View attachment 105322

View attachment 105324

View attachment 105325

Well, I’ll be blowed. :eek: I wasn’t expecting that Jeffrey. Thank you very much, and of course I don’t mind if you used my image as your background. You’re welcome to use any of mine any time. I love David’s ice flow - it looks like an aerial image of trees in a snowy landscape. Well done to Brian - better to lose two shoes than only one is my mantra this week :D. Kuan Meng’s lanterns are just lovely with great editing. Great work everyone.:thumbs:

View attachment 105323

View attachment 105322

View attachment 105324

View attachment 105325

Wonderful choices Jeffrey.... @JillyG’s image is a beauty - congrats Jilly!! :D :thumbs: High fives to placers deepop David and FundyBrian, and kudos to Kmenglee Kuan Meng!! Beautiful images, all of them. :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom